CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Melissa & Doug Pattern Blocks and Boards - Classic Toy With 120 Solid Wood Shapes and 5 Double-Sided Panels
|You Save:||$2.00 (12%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Set of wooden shape blocks and colorful patterns to complete
- Includes 120 shapes and 5 boards
- Boards are double-sided for even more play
- A classic math manipulative and learning activity
- Great for spatial awareness, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, and problem solving
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Get ready for magnificent matching and mosaic fun! This finely crafted wooden set includes 120 colorful flat block shapes and five wooden boards painted on both sides with geometric patterns. Kids can fill in the mosaics with the tiles or create endless designs of their own! Pieces are about 1/8-inch thick, making them easy to place, slide, rearrange, and pick up. Shapes include green triangles, red trapezoids, blue large diamonds, white small diamonds, yellow hexagons, and orange squares. The Pattern Blocks and Boards Set is designed to make learning fun and beautiful! The set helps teach children three and older matching and sorting skills, color recognition, geometric shapes, counting, and beginning math skills. Fitting the pieces onto the wooden pattern boards helps develop fine motor skills, problem-solving skills, concentration, and memory. Place them, trace them, stack them, or sort them -- there are endless ways to play with this set that promote creativity and independent learning while making beautiful patterns and works of art. Blocks and boards store neatly in a sturdy wooden crate.
|Melissa & Doug Animal Pattern Blocks Set With 5 Double-Sided Wooden Boards and 47 Multi-Shaped Block||Melissa & Doug Magnetic Pattern Block Kit||Melissa & Doug Standard Unit Solid-Wood Building Blocks With Wooden Storage Tray (60 pcs)||Melissa & Doug Wooden Building Blocks Set - 100 Blocks in 4 Colors and 9 Shapes||Melissa & Doug See & Spell Wooden Educational Toy With 8 Double-Sided Spelling Boards and 50+ Letter|
|Inspire learning with these educational (and fun!) play sets from Melissa & Doug.||Plastic pattern blocks fit together in different ways to fill the recessed well in each picture, challenging problem-solving skills!||Use the shapes to replicate the 12 geometric pictures included, or make mosaic patterns and pictures directly on the magnetic board!||This traditional block set with a natural finish and smooth rounded edges is beautiful in its simplicity – and a great value!||A versatile variety of shapes are included: rectangular prisms, cubes, cylinders, half circles, arches, and more!||Complete a puzzle to spell a word with this beautiful wooden set!|
Follow one of ten design templates or create your own mosaic using these 120 colorful wooden tiles. Matching and mosaics--what a gorgeous way to develop fine motor skills!
BySee all Product description
Compare to similar items
This item Melissa & Doug Pattern Blocks and Boards - Classic Toy With 120 Solid Wood Shapes and 5 Double-Sided Panels
Melissa & Doug Pattern Blocks and Boards B0015XQ5TQ
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Pattern Block Kit B001XPZC5Y
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$7.13||$4.99|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Best Brands Toys||Beecon Learning|
|Item Dimensions||1.25 x 12.75 x 8.5 in||10 x 16 x 2 in||8.8 x 13.1 x 1.7 in||14 x 14.5 x 1.6 in|
|Number of Pieces||50||55||120||120|
Top Customer Reviews
My daughter, who was five or six at the time, tried using the picture boards. At her age, she was able to do it although it was frustrating when the pieces moved out of place. For awhile, she thought that she had to use the picture boards in order to play with the toy properly. Once she got over that, we had a wonderful toy again.
If you throw away the picture boards from the beginning and let your child's creativity take over, you have a 5 star toy that even older children and adults enjoy tinkering with.
Cons: Super difficult/nearly impossible to take a design template out of the box without flipping the whole container over and thus spilling out the pieces. We trashed the box and moved everything to a small plastic bin because of this.
Also to note, I bought this for my son who is 2.5yrs and the pieces slide a lot on the wood designs... I think he'll get more enjoyment out of it when he's a bit older but it certainly helps him practice fine motor skills in the meantime because of the slippery-ness!
1. has a front and back of each board giving a good choice of items from animals, vehicles and flowers. This means parents and sibblings can play along
2. Easy for my 2 year old, but probably could be too easy for 4 year olds depending on their level
3. Bright colors
4. Good amount of shapes
1. The smell won't go away. It smells like spray paint right after you use it in the garage
2. The materials honestly remind me of the craft projects i did growing up when you buy the boards from the craft store. The figureson the board are outlined in black but sometimes the color is out of lines , etc.
3. It looks like blocks and wood pattern cards are spray painted where other companies use the very hard plastic.
4. No lid! Seriously we keep buying Melissa and Doug toys in this wood bins, but they serve no purpose lol. So we have resorted to a quart size ziplock bag for the shapes (mixed) and put it in a small rubbermaid with the wood pattern cards