Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 151 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 167 reviews
on February 18, 2015
I bought this for my 3 year old for Christmas and she enjoys it very much. The colors are bright and the puzzle has held up well to lots of play with two kids. It comes in a wooden "tray" of sorts that helps kids get an idea of the size and do the edges which is helpful. My 3 year old has no problem doing the puzzle and even my 18 month old enjoys looking at the dinos and talking about the colors, ect. I do find there are a couple of spots that are a bit tough to push together, but that is to be expected in a wooden puzzle and far superior to the cardboard versions that fall apart as soon as they find their way into a toddler's mouth.
on January 18, 2014
I usually love Melissa and Doug products. This puzzle has beautiful, vibrant colors and is a very nice quality wooden puzzle. The problem is this can't even be used as a puzzle. All of the pieces are so tightly fitted together that an adult can barely separate the pieces to put the puzzle together. When you finally get the pieces separated and attempt to put the puzzle back together an adult has to smash some of the pieces down to make them fit. I thought it was a defective puzzle, but I also bought the African Plains Animal puzzle and it has the same problem. At that point I didn't even bother opening the Pirate puzzle and it's not worth the cost to ship it back. I love the Melissa and Doug chunky puzzles, but forget these--unless you want something to hang on the wall. It's not a puzzle if an adult can't even get the pieces apart.
on February 23, 2016
This is a great, sturdy, wooden puzzle for my 4 year old. The puzzle is larger than I expected. If your little one loves dinos, they will love this puzzle. My son can complete this puzzle entirely on his own, and is really proud of himself when he's done. 1 star marked off because amazon used usps to deliver, who ended up delivering it to the wrong house. Thankfully, the neighbor eventually delivered it to us, but that mishap caused us to not get the puzzle in time for when we needed it.
on November 30, 2015
My three year old twins love this puzzle. They put it together again and again and it held their interest for far longer than I thought it would.

I like that the pieces are large and colorful. They are also wood, instead of cheap cardboard. I also appreciate that the picture is not below the pieces - so they need to think to figure it out. Having part of the picture on the frame helps them get started.

I would definitely recommend this as a gift or for your own kids.
on December 11, 2013
We got this for our 3 year old to be a step-up from the puzzles that you just place the piece in the little spot it's cut for, but there is no picture to reference when completing this puzzle so it's nearly impossible to put together. By the time he's able to do this puzzle, it will probably be to babyish for him. The picture needs to be painted on the board the puzzle goes in so that he can practice with an actual jigsaw puzzle and know what it's supposed to look like. Even grown-up puzzles have the picture on the box you can look at. Total fail by Melissa and Doug and a total waste of my money.
on March 11, 2015
I had problems with the pieces being too tight like other people remarked. So I took each piece and wiggled them back and forth and they loosened up. It would be nice if you didn't have to do this. Now, my daughter loves it. The quality is pretty good, and after 6 times, it doesn't leave any wood dust. And the pieces don't bend like cardboard puzzles.

I recommend taking a picture of the puzzle and printing it out, as it is not the easiest to figure out the first couple of times. But it is only 24 pieces, so how hard can it be.
on January 24, 2016
We bought this puzzle as a gift for my friend's 2 year old who loves puzzles. We were very pleasantly surprised with the quality. We really like how it's carved out of wood. Gives it an extra touch. The picture is really nice. What I cannot comment on is durability yet. Hopefully it's just as good as the ascetic qualities of this product. This was a nice part of our present and I would recommend it for others as well.
on December 31, 2016
our Nephew LOVED this puzzle. it was perfect for a 3 year old.
on April 6, 2014
LOL, my son loves puzzles and this is another one from Melissa and Doug that my son loves. We have tons of their puzzles. And i think cause they made of wood and have a sent in place for the puzzle. its a great buy.
on May 8, 2009
I like Melissa and Doug products they are made well for the most part and stand up to toddlers rough handling. I am giving only 4 stars for this one because toddlers do put things in their mouths and I found with the Melissa and Doug puzzles, if sucked on enough, the paper on the top with the colors start to peel off. I got this for my 2 year grandson and we work them together, so he never is just alone with the puzzle, still he would put them in his mouth and chew while we were trying to find the right 'spot' for a piece and eventually the picture on top would start to peel off. But the pieces were big and chunk and the puzzle was easy for him to work with. I think this is a very good puzzle for a child over 2 years of age to have.