Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
on March 14, 2016
These dress up dolls were given to my 6 year old niece as a gift and they are fantastic. Very similar to paper dolls of the past but rather than being made out of paper that doesn't last long, the dolls and clothing are made out of wood. The set comes with 2 wooden dolls (one prince and one princess), 2 doll stands and 36 pieces of clothing which include 12 crowns (6 for each), 12 tops (6 for each) and 12 bottoms (6 pants for the prince and 6 skirts for the princess). Each matching outfit for the prince and princess matches the others and then you can mix and match to make your own outfits. The dolls and clothes are high quality and should last for years making this a great toy to pass down. The first time we played with them we spent a few hours creating different outfits and having a lot of pretend fun. Since the clothes are magnetic it is easy for children of any age to play along. My 2 year old nephew got in on the fun and played with the dress up dolls with his sister, which makes this not only a great toy for girls but for boys too! My niece was even showing her little brother how to make matching outfits for both the prince and the princess. And I can see this being a great toy to teach colors, patterns and matching, so not only is it fun but educational. Both kids had a blast with these wooden dolls and I think I had just as much fun as they did. I can see many more hours of imagination fun with these Prince and Princess Dress Up Magnetic Dolls.

The only downside to these dolls is the wooden box doesn't come with a cover making storage a little difficult, but every piece fits perfectly back into the box so it's not too much of a problem.

Overall this is yet another high quality Melissa & Doug toy and I highly recommend.
review image
on July 27, 2011
My grandson was playing with the "girls" version of this type toy that was my grand daughter's. So I wanted get him something similar that had a boy represented. this toy has a prince and princess... It is cute, and it gives him an opportunity to roll play without actually playing with a baby doll or Barbie type thing that others might view as feminine. It reminds me of the old paper dolls I had when I was a kid, except that it is much thicker, wooden construction so it should hold up well to active play. Very young children should be monitored while playing due to the small pieces.
on December 30, 2011
We purchased this set as well as two other Melissa and Doug dress up doll set for our daughter for Christmas. They are all absolutely wonderful. Very well made. The type of toy that you can pass from child to child. My daughter loves to dress up all the dolls and then stand them up and play pretend (like they are all going to a ball). These dolls keep her occupied for at least an hour, absolutely amazing!

Note about the company Melissa and Doug:
We had an issue with one of the other dress up dolls and contacted the company about our concern. They were extremely prompt in a response and were eager to rectify my issue. I have not experienced such GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE in a very long time! Our family will now be life long consumers of Melissa and Doug products as they had already won me over with the quality of their products and now we have the absolute cherry on top of fantastic, friendly and quick customer service!

GREAT company and GREAT products!

Also, out of all the items my daughter received for Christmas these are what she has been playing with for the past week.

I also love that the box has suggestions for EDUCATIONAL uses for these dolls!

I wanted to make note that I've read some of the other reviews about wishing there was a lid to this product. Yes, that would be nice but it really hasn't been a problem for us as our daughter has been told that after you are done playing with the dolls all items must be picked up and put neatly back in the container. But a lid would be nice for transportation purposes. Especially since the container that it comes in is so nice.
on March 10, 2013
I have bought wooden dolls for my children before but the only ones that have ever been able to withstand my children have been Melissa and Doug's dress up wooden dolls. I enjoy that I know that I am buying a product that will last. The problem I had with other wooden dolls is that the vainer or stickers on top (the person's figures) would actually start coming off after so long. These are not like that.. I am not sure how they do it but I have bought M&D's dress up dolls 2 times, once when my daughter was 4 and another set when she was 8. She has both sets still just not so many clothes. I would recommend those that have children to keep the wood dolls in a container just for the dolls. My daughter and her friends like that they are magnetic so you can easily change clothes vs the paper doll method.
on December 8, 2012
I recieved this puzzle much quicker than I thought I would and am very pleased with the toy. I know that my daughter will love playing with this. My daughters love paper dolls so much but they rip and do not stay together to play with without tape. This puzzle has very strong magnets and very large durable, toddler able pieces to hold and play with. I love how the figures are healthy looking and the clothing they wear cover them selves. I also love that the packaging offers other ways for parents to play with the toys with their children to help the child learn while playing. And so many of the idea's go along with what my oldest is learning in preschool! Wonderful product!
on August 1, 2012
I purchased this wooden doll set for my 2.5 yr old daughter. It was meant to be a toy for her to enjoy upon the arrival of her baby sister. It has definitely kept her preoccupied while I feed baby, and even the grandparents love playing with it with her. It is one of the first toys my daughter wants to play with when she gets up in the mornings! I would not say it is educational, but does allow for development of fine motor skills and imagination!
on February 18, 2013
My two-year-old daughter loves this set. She can easily play with it on her own. The pieces are high quality and she loves the variety of clothes to look at and play with.

As other reviewers mentioned, I wish it had a lid to keep all of the parts in the nice, organized wood case. But a lot of toys don't come with their own containers, so it's not that much of a drawback to us.
on December 26, 2012
My daughters (2 and 3) LOVE paper dolls, but they never last! I was super excited to find some that would not tear! That being said, the king and queen have tops and bottoms and crowns, but they do not really mix and match, and it annoys my daughters that they can not put the dress bottom on the king with a king top on. I would like it better if they were more compatible.
on February 7, 2011
I bought this for my princess niece (3 years old) for Christmas. She loves dressing the prince and princess up and playing "castle" with them. It is well designed with wooden magnetic pieces that are just the right size for her hands. The dolls are a little big though. My daughter can't fit her set of dolls in her doll house which can be frustrating for her but neither seems to be dissatisfied with the quantity of clothing pieces or quality. Overall, it's a excellent set.
on June 4, 2014
My 4-yr old granddaughter loves this set. She had several sets with dress-up girls, but one day asked whey there weren't any boys?
You know how little girls love princesses these days, so, of course, she loves her new princess complete with prince!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question