Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Style: Rainbow 6 Color Stamp Pad|Change

Showing 1-10 of 342 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 367 reviews
on October 20, 2016
The packaging of "Melissa and Doug" Washable Ink actually surprised me. It does not seem like some of those cheap plastic packaging that we sometimes get when purchasing these type of products. The packaging looks sturdy and it is nice to know it could last longer since the plastic seems a bit difficult to crack. This is a plus since I do not like when the ink pads run out. As I tested each of the inks (there are 6 colors total) i was also pleasantly surprised that they were highly pigmented! Each color reflects the true color on the ink when pressed on to plain white paper. In addition, I also liked that the ink squares were fairly large which can allow for different stamp sizes rather than being limited to a small one. I touched each ink pad and only rinsed my hands with water and the ink came right off! :) No soap needed.

However, one thing i did not like is that my nieces (and probably most children) will touch each ink pad without washing their hands first, which means that the dark color ink will smear on the lighter tones. I tried it and it smeared and I was not able to remove the darker tone from the lighter one. I wish each ink pad was individually sealed! Also, because there is one cover for all the ink squares I may run the risk of drying the ones i don't use!
on January 26, 2016
I found a bunch of stamps at a thrift store for my granddaughter and this pad was the perfect companion. Lots of choices on one surface. She has been having a fun time. The colors are vibrant and has just the right amount of moisture.
on May 11, 2011
I may have just gotten unlucky, but the shrink wrapped stamp pad we received hardy puts any ink on the stamps. We had a 5 year old pad that was starting to dry out we wanted to replace and it works better than the new Melissa and Doug one. What a bummer.Such a pain to return. Just loss of $. :(
44 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2016
I've always been a big fan of Doug & Melissa products and this one didn't disappoint. This set of six washable inks has kept my five year old granddaughter grinning for several days now.

Of course, it's kind of risky to put ink in the hands of any small child, but, as stated, these are washable colors. A little wipe with a damp cloth and – boom! - your surfaces are clean again. My granddaughter just used the inks to create a spontaneous art project for school and it got rave reviews. :)

The only issue I have with the Melissa & Doug Washable Ink! set is it didn't come with any kind of stamp. But that's my fault more than anything. Rereading the product description at Amazon, I realized there is no claim it does come with a stamp.

And while I'm sorry to read these stories about dried ink, I didn't have this problem.
on January 27, 2017
LOVE Melissa and Doug! These ink pads contain 6 colors (purple, blue, red, yellow, orange, green) and are easy for kids to use without getting the ink color on their hands and palm. The lid closes securely, so you don't have to worry about the ink drying out.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on October 29, 2016
I ordered this as a Christmas gift for my niece in the islands because she’s just, let’s say, an artist at heart. Also, I wanted to give her something that is fun and colorful to jumpstart her virtuoso career early. Okay, so I took a look at this product on Amazon here and immediately fell in love with the idea of stamps and ink and all. It helped also that it contained all the colors of the rainbow: purple, blue, red, yellow, orange, and green. I bought it from a seller who was selling it on here because it cost so much lesser than Amazon’s proposed cost for it. Long story short, three days later it arrived and I was ecstatic! It said on the case, “VIBRANT COLORS”, “WASHABLE”, and great for use with its brand’s stamp sets. So all I need to do is get the stamp set as well. All in all, I think it’s a perfect gift for my four-year-old niece as the pads are huge for a child’s convenience. The only negative I am getting from it and the reason for my four-star review is that it looks dry. And one word of advice, order it from a seller besides Amazon to make sure you get your money’s worth as this product tends to come with a hefty shipping and handling fee. Alright, have a creative and crafty holiday season! Be sure to make that child relative of yours smile with something as vibrant and brilliant as this stamp pad!
on March 27, 2017
It's a great product, but even wiping down the stamps with damp paper towels, the darker colors adhere to the stamp. The yellow ad orange do not remain that color for more than a couple of uses. Still, not dry and last a long time. Just don't get attached to yellow
on March 26, 2017
Kids left it open for most the day and to my surprise, it didnt dry out. Nice, bright colors.
on December 28, 2015
Always impressed with Melissa and Doug toys. This one is no exception to the rule. The toys are quality through and through at a price we all can afford. Granddaughter loves it as she does all her Melissa and Doug toys. These toys provide Hours and Hours of playtime without breaking apart easily as other toys do in this price point. Highly recommend to friends and family.
on March 23, 2017
I will add this stamp pad to the Wooden Stamp Sets purchased as Birthday presents.