Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 5, 2017
No more Melissa and Doug for my child. I can understand sometimes manufacturered items can be imperfect and in particular wood crafted items more so as it is hard to make. But the lack of after sales support for defective items after I emailed this company is the final nail to the coffin. I sent them pictures of the defective pieces more a week ago. Zero response. That is not acceptable in my book. I was planning other purchases but no more. Our dollars are our votes, and you just lost mine.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 21, 2015
I'm very disappointed in this toy. The quality is terrible, I had to take the toy from my son as soon as we unwrapped it because the wood was splintering. The top easily falls off when you turn it so the shapes keep falling out with little splinters of the wood. This isn't the first Melissa and Doug toy we have purchased that has had splintering wood, but it will be the last Melissa and Doug toy we ever buy.
review imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 31, 2017
the cube itself is nice - many different shapes to sort, nice colors. but, as other reviewers said, this item is of a really surprisingly low quality! we have got other wooden toys from m&d, but they are brilliant. this one may harm your baby
on August 12, 2017
Melissa and Doug products are usually great. The blocks and box look nice, however the lid to allow the shapes out opens up to easy. There is no closure. So if you were rotating the box to find the shapes it would slide open spilling contents of the box. I thought about making another opening with a door that would stay closed and gluing the sliding panel shut, but I might just send it back. If the panel wedged in there and took some force to open that would be great, but it just easily slides.
review image
on November 29, 2017
I was really unhappy with this. When it came, there were sticker labels covering the entire two sides of the cube that don't have cutouts. I had to spend quite a long time removing the stickers with Goo Gone which I'm hesitant to let my baby around anyway. I would order a different shape sorter if I could do it again. The sorter itself is fine, nothing special. The wood is unfinished on the cube which I also don't like.
on April 2, 2018
I'm pretty disappointed by this product. We buy a lot of M&D products as we love wooden toys. Usually it's well made, but this wasn't.

First, it's much too hard for younger toddlers. I bought this for my 20mo old, and majority of the shapes he can't quite get. That was my fault, as I didn't pay attention, but I feel adding octagon, hexagons and parallelogram was a bit much for this age range. It's made it too complicated, which then ruins the fun.

Second, the wood is cheap. My kids are regular kids, they can be rough sometimes, but my 20mo is definitely more gentler than his sister. The wood chipped by the second day, and the lid split by the third. All he did was push it in to close, and it snapped. Very unimpressed as th
on October 12, 2017
Not a good toy, especially for a 2 year old! Definitely needs to be closer to 4 to figure out the shapes because they are just too similar. And not to mention the sliding lid doesn't stay on so as you're turning it to look for the correct shape, all the other pieces start falling out! Just not well made or critically thought out. A disappointment from Melissa and Doug.
on April 23, 2017
This is my first time buying Melissa & Doug products. I bought this for my granddaughter for her birthday, it is a little advanced for her althought I think as she gets a little older she will like it better. I do not like that the lid doesn't stay on and falls off when you turn it over to do other shapes. I also found that. Some blocks can fit in more than one whole which I did not like either. I heard that this product was really good, that is why I bought it, and I think that maybe their other toys might be better but as for this one I was not so impressed.
on December 28, 2016
good toy, bought it because it would take me too long to make myself. i will be adding a bit of hot glue to make the lid less easy to open. my son just opens up the box and puts the blocks inside

update: not the sturdiest but that's to be expected being made from plywood. one of the sliders nearly broke off after the box was thrown to the ground. i fixed it with some wood glue
on December 26, 2017
This is a great product. Bought this for Christmas for my almost 7 month old which is a little under the age but it never hurts to start them on more advanced toys early. All the pieces fit well except for the triangle. The triangle fits half way but then is too fat to fit the rest of the way. My husband is going to shave either the hole or triangle itself down so it’ll fit. 12 different shapes for him to learn.