Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Stacking Emergency Vehicles
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on November 27, 2013
Almost 3 years old grandson loved them. My mistake giving them all to him at once when in reality each one should be introduced separately so the kid can remember the parts to each vehicle. I bought two different sets and now he knows them well.
on August 29, 2013
I wish I bought these earlier - I should have bought them for my son when he was younger (maybe 10-12 months). At 18 months, he liked them for a bit but lost interest fairly quickly. But I really liked the toys - good quality and big, chunky pieces that are easy to hold.
on March 17, 2013
We bought these emergency vehicles as a gift for a young toddler. He opened them immediately and had a great time playing with them. These toys are very durable and will provide endless entertainment for toddlers using their imagination. Definitely recommend.
on January 6, 2013
We bought these for my 16 month old son for Christmas. He loves taking them apart and will soon be more proficient at putting them back together too. They were bigger than I had envisioned when I purchased them, which worked out nicely. They are chunky and sturdy, perfect for little hands.
on March 16, 2013
The kids liked these, I wasn't too keen on that they came apart, and I couldn't find the pieces when they were looking for them to be put together, so I glued them together and now they are great for everyone.
on December 29, 2012
Ordered these for my 18month old. I think I was more impressed that he was. Exactly as described; allows kids to mix and match as they learn how assemble the right combination while using their imagination. A big bonus - no batteries!
on January 27, 2013
Yes, my almost 3 year old daughter loves cars and trucks and these didn't disappoint. Very well made, unique 3D puzzles. Parts can be interchangeable although the "correct" picture is printed on the bottom of the wheel bed.
on June 10, 2015
This is my first experience with Melissa & Doug toys and I'm not impressed. I bought this set and the construction set for my toddlers (2 yo boy and 3 yo girl), thinking they would be a fun activity to keep little hands busy. They were thrilled right up until they tried to pick them up like they would other toys cars and the pieces came apart. Daddy Man and I showed them how to take the vehicles apart and put them back together, explaining that they're like the puzzles they've been learning to do. My kids understood, but weren't really into it. They wanted to be able to drive the cars around and do regular play with them. This isn't really possible unless they're very careful with them because the pieces fit loosely on the posts.

We kept encouraging them to play with these, including trying some of the suggestions printed on the bottom of the package. Their weren't interested. I have to note that this level of disinterest is not normal for my kids. They LOVE building, stacking, playing with puzzles and putting things together. That is WHY I bought these things.

Their play consisted of mostly taking the vehicles apart and leaving the pieces scattered around, but I kept encouraging, showing them how to mix and match, making vehicle noises, counting wheels, showing the pictures on the bottom of the chassis of how they go together, and just busting my butt to make these things interesting. With just even this minimal amount of "play" going on, the paint started to wear on the edges of the pieces and the soft wood is denting.

After about 2 months, my kids are finally playing with these vehicles, mixing and matching the pieces between the 2 sets to make all kinds of combos. So, yay for that, right? Sure, right up until (after maybe 3 days of active play) my husband found our daughter with a sharp shard of wood (see photo). Somehow, a piece of the wood from the firetruck chipped off from around the post hole while she was playing with it. She was NOT being rough. The scariest part is that we only found HALF of the shard. We're hoping the other half is trapped in the carpet somewhere and not inside one of the kids. I regret buying these toys and am considering gluing the stupid things together so my kids could at least use them for regular car play.
review image
on October 30, 2012
I got this for my 3 grandsons and all of them enjoy putting them together. They really like mixing and matching the parts. The cars challenge their problem solving skills and they enjoy thinking through how to assemble the vehicles.
on September 11, 2008
A review of the Melissa & Doug Stacking Emergency Vehicles as seen on ToysforJunior.com