Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by morrisey STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on April 6, 2012
Can't say enough about this turtle tote and gardening set. It is so well-made, perfectly sized for young children, and includes all the basics: two tools, spray bottle, and sturdy tote.

This set is appropriate for toddlers and kiddos from about age 2-5. Children older than 5 will probably need a larger set with more "real" tools. However, for little ones, this set is perfectly sized and will help both with actual gardening tasks (watering, helping to plant) and imaginative play.

It also makes for a FANTASTIC prop for springtime photos in the garden : )
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on August 7, 2015
It would seem to me that a toy like this should be used outside, however the stuffed turtle head and feet are completely at the mercy of the elements and if it gets wet you can forget it. We accidentally left it outside in the rain and the whole thing got moldy. I just threw it away because it looked awful and even after washing it had this weird odor... It's a shame because it's an adorable toy.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on March 22, 2016
I wanted to get something for our toddler to help me in the garden and with our indoor plants since he's taken an interest in doing what Dad does. Our local supermarket had small kits, but there was no carrying case, and they were all metal which wasn't needed. This is a cute and functional little "helper" set that allows our little kiddo to help weeding, watering and planting. We live next to the beach, so the tote doubles as a little sandcastle creation kit that our toddler can carry himself.
2 helpful votes
on February 7, 2011
I bought this for a friend's child, and I'm tempted to keep it for my own!! After seeing him with a real spade in his hands, I thought he could use a kid friendly gardening kit. This is way sturdier than I expected, and perfect size for little hands. My friend's 2 year old child will be able to get enjoyment out of this for some time! I'm very happy with this!
18 helpful votes
19 helpful votes
on December 29, 2012
I bought this for my friends two-year-old son who loves to dig dig dig in the dirt. He absolutely loved it! It's made of good quality material and it has lasted for quite a while almost a year later and it's still in great condition.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on January 22, 2016
The kids really like having their own stuff to carry around on the garden. I like the variety of tools it came with and they love having the sprayer bottle. My biggest issue is the size of the pockets on the outside. It works fine for the shovel and take but the kids can't pull the water bottle out on their own. They always ask me to take it in and out. There is a big center pocket it could go in but they want to put it in the pocket it's "supposed" to go in.
I expected more from a Melissa and Doug toy.
on October 28, 2015
Very cute - gave as a gift with other items from Melissa and Doug's Sunny Patch collection. It feels like you get a lot for your dollar with this toy because of the included accessories like a spray bottle, shovel and tiny rake.
on May 15, 2016
I bought this as a birthday gift for a two year old girl. It's really cute and just the right size for her with some room to grow! I would say she could play with this for years. The garden tools are made of plastic, but they seem quite sturdy like they will hold up well. I'm pairing it with a John Deere t-shirt, some sunglasses, and bubbles for a garden/outdoor themed present. Makes for a great presentation with the adorable turtle tote bag!
on August 24, 2015
Oh, it's adorable. We have 1/2 an acre and my 3 1/2 year old is a rampant explorer, so this seemed perfect. Upon receiving it for a jaw-dropping price of $7.99, I was disappointed to discover that it's really too small - even for preschoolers - to be practical. I was also missing a tool when I received it. The tools themselves are lightweight and could crack under pressure. For a dainty and petite preschooler, this would be a darling gift. It was just not well-sized or durable enough for my little one.
on August 8, 2017
Very cute! My grandson loves it.