Industrial Deals HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on August 13, 2016
I agree with other reviewers that this mower doesn't have enough clearance on the grass unless you keep your lawn very short. The angle of the handle is too vertical to overcome the clearance issue, but it was nice when my kiddos were learning to walk. I give it four stars because my kids still love it, but my 16-month-old keeps getting frustrated trying to push it on the grass and ends up just playing with the various buttons, putting things inside, and pretending to fill it with gas. We kept this in our basement play area for a long time before taking it outside. It was a perfect rainy day/winter toy for inside. I wish either the wheels were bigger or there were multiple angle settings for the handle.
on September 12, 2015
I bought this for my grand daughter who has an obsession with bubbles right now. I was looking at all of the lawnmowers that emit bubbles and this was in the middle of them. My mistake...I bought it thinking it was one that did it. Pretty expensive for just something you push around. I still gave it to her and she puts her little bath toys in the front and pushes them around but it is just kind of nothing special for that price.
VINE VOICEon May 9, 2013
My two year old son absolutely adores this little mower. It's cute, it has a removable little gas can, a secret compartment where he can hide things (he loves secret compartments) and he can push it around very easily. It does make a loud clicking noise when you push it - I guess to simulate a real mower which is loud? That feature is quite annoying, but we're planning on it being mostly an outdoor toy where it won't really matter. He has no trouble pushing it on grass (even un-mowed, longer grass) as others have mentioned. The only thing he needs a bit of help with is transitioning it from the sidewalk/driveway onto the grass. No, it doesn't have a bubble feature, but that just means less of a mess. I am super happy with this purchase.
on September 21, 2012
My grandson had a cheap Walmart plastic mower that he loved to push around the backyard but the thin plastic wheels started to break apart and into the trash it went. He has several other Melissa and Doug toys and they are all well made and he enjoys playing with them so I searched to see if they offered a plastic mower. I found this Melissa & Doug Tootle Turtle Mower on Amazon and ordered it for him and he absolutely loves it! It is sturdy, has a cute removable "swamp water" can, pull start that makes an engine noise and a couple other clicking controls. It is a little hard to push if the grass is in need of cutting but other that that it is perfect for indoors or outside and most important is that he has a blast playing with it!
on August 27, 2013
After reading many reviews on "bubble" mowers and finding that they were too low to the ground, I came upon Melissa & Doug's mower. I always have loved their wooden puzzles and toys, but didn't know they had anything with plastic :-) I thought the gas can and the storage area would be a huge hit with this little guy and it is. He loves the mower. It is lightweight, has the flip top storage area as well as the little area in back for the gas can. The pull starter has a great little sound and is easy to pull. His mom and dad recently brought it to the family reunion and he ended up mowing the park's grass ;)
I am very satisfied with the mower and highly recommend it. No bubbles needed ;-)
on July 9, 2017
Bought this for my 2 year old son and he absolutely loves it. We saw this in a hardware store while traveling and my little one wouldn't put it down. We had to drag him away from it. His second birthday was coming up and we knew that we had to buy it for him. His eyes lit up like a x-mas tree when he opened up the box. He's never too far away from it when he's in the backyard and he absolutely loves playing with it.
on September 28, 2012
I had been researching all the different mowers out there for my 2 1/2 yr old and this one seemed to fit the bill best. All of them seemed to say there was not sufficient clearance to actually roll on grass. That is true of this one as well. But fortunately, he doesn't mind (yet!) and is happy to "mow" the sidewalk or carpet inside. He loves to fill the gas tank and put little toys inside the turtle shell--great feature. The little levers all make little clicking sounds and aren't too loud and don't require batteries. It's just the right height for him and he is a pretty tall 2 year old. I'm glad I didn't get the bubble mower cause it's less mess and less for mom to worry about indoors! And frankly, none of them seemed to get consistent reviews that it worked well. This was a great toy for a reasonable price and I have no problems with it other than the low clearance for rolling over grass. Maybe it would go over golf turf but not our lawn!
on December 30, 2012
This lawnmower is very cute. It's very simple, the wheels make a clicking noise as it's pushed and there are two knobby things at the top that also make noises. The gas can is adorable and my son loves filling up the lawmower. The gas 'cap' looked very warn and like it may break off at any moment. It was a peice of cake to put together, no work involved, it just pops up really. My son couldn't be happier and mows all over the place and that's good enough for me.
on March 18, 2018
So cute and durable. Only complaint is the a bar code sticker was on the top of the main body and I have spent 30 minutes trying to get all the sticky off it. Frustrating
on February 14, 2013
I bought this toy for my 20 month old grandson because he was pushing around anything he could get his hands on from his riding toy--grasped by the handlebars and pushed backwards to a dustmop--ok--might as well get some housekeeping help. I had considered the Fisher Price lawnmower until I read reviews that stated the handle would not stay in the up position. I have bought many Melissa and Doug toys for my other grandchildren and decided to give this lawnmower a try. He loves it, pushes it everywhere, much more easily than his riding toy. His mother's favorite thing about this lawnmower is that it has no electronic music, alphabet,etc. Sometimes you just want a lawnmower to be a lawnmower. I highly recommend this toy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.