Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 59 reviews
on August 15, 2011
My daughter received this for her sixth birthday and got to decorating right away. She had fun with the glitter glue and the rhinestones and had the whole thing decorated in about 10 minutes. The next day, the kids started playing "hair cutters" and took turns combing each other's hair. I wasn't anticipating that, but it's a fun way to use the finished product. The wood combs are fun to decorate and use for pretend styling, but they aren't for day-to-day use.
on February 18, 2016
I bought this for my cousin's daughter who is a self-proclaimed diva. I am always impressed by the quality and price of Melissa & Doug products, and this was no exception. I combined it with some organic children's makeup and a tutu, making for a wonderful holiday gift. Thank you again, Melissa & Doug for making an easy choice and making for one happy little girl!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2009
I purchased this for a girl who is almost three, and today we decorated it together. She was a bit young for it and used the glitter like paint, so the end result isn't much like the picture, but it was still a lot of fun and easy to use.

The set-up is made of wood and it's pretty solid. The combs are a bit weird as I can't imagine whose hair the thick teeth would work on, but they were fun to decorate as well. The little girl wasted the glitter glue on the packaging, but otherwise there would have been plenty. An older child or an adult would find the glitter glue easy to apply in neat looking patterns as even the silver is bold and none of them are runny.

There was also a tube of glue for applying the gems, but they seemed to be sticky enough to apply to the wood without the glue, and anyway the girl wanted to put them on top of where she'd applied glitter, so I guess we'll find out later how they hold up.

The set comes with three sheets of cute stickers that are more than enough for decorating (we used less than two sheets and even decorated the sides and back). There are also enough gems to work with to amply decorate the vanity and the combs.

We've left it to dry overnight, so we'll see how that goes. If anything falls off, it's my own fault for not using the glue, which she used as paint (I'm hoping it dries clear!).

This is a really fun project for a young girl (three and up) to do with an older child or adult, or for a child perhaps seven and up to work on by herself.

Awesome gift for a little girl. We both loved it.
on December 13, 2011
My (almost) four-year-old is oddly make-up obsessed and is always getting into mine so I really appreciate toy alternatives to her using my stuff. She got this and was so excited to have her own mirror and hair combs that she completely bi-passed decorating it. I'm saving all the stuff (stickers and glitter glue) for another day, but even undecorated, this item is so cute and perfect for my little make up model. . .right now she's sitting here rubbing a lip gloss into her cheeks and making kissy faces at the mirror. I did have to stop her from putting the glitter glue on her face because that was her original plan (fortunately she gave herself away by exclaiming "MAKE UP!" when she saw them).
on November 7, 2015
My daughter absolutely loves this. This was one of her birthday presents. I love that it is also a craft project. There is something about a gift that is not only functional, but promotes creativity. It adds to the sentimental value for the child! I love Melissa and Doug, and will continue buying their great products!
on September 21, 2016
This was part of a set of gifts for my neighbors little girls. This was a little more complicated to set up than I had anticipated. They loved it once it was completed and looked the way they wanted it to however.
on July 24, 2015
2 year old Granddaughter loves the product!
on November 26, 2014
Cute but very simple craft. The combs are inconsistent and not really for much more than just appearances and play. I wouldn't buy again for us, but could get for another girl that loves simple crafting.
on January 3, 2012
My 5.5 year old got this for a Christmas gift from her brother and wanted to decorate it right away. She loves the stickers, jewels, and glitter paint. She was also really excited that she could actually see herself in the little mirror (she couldn't at her Step2 vanity), that the drawer pulled out to keep her "jewels" in, and that she could decorate her very own combs. She LOVES this thing and has proclaimed it one of her best Christmas gifts of the year.
on June 13, 2012
I purchased this for my daughter's 4th birthday. She wanted a vanity "just like mommy's". I thought this would be a fun project for us to do together. It was! We spent about 30 minutes together decorating the vanity. She can't wait to put it in her bathroom and fill it with her stuff.

As I've found all of the Melissa and Doug products, it seems very durable and is of good quality.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.