Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Whittle World Plane and Luggage Carrier Set
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Color: Plane and Luggage Carrier|Change

on March 26, 2012
My children (2 and 4 year old boys) really like this toy. The construction seems durable and the design is relatively detailed. The pieces hook together or you can take them apart and play with them seperately. The figures included with the set are diverse. One thing that I think could improve the toy is making a sliding door on the luggage carrier so the luggage doesn't fall if it tips a bit during play. Two concerns about durabilty: the paint on the toy seems be a bit prone to scratching. It has been gently played with since getting it a few days ago and there appears to be a scratch across the paint on one of the figures. Granted, I noticed this, not my children. Also, the wings of the plane are attached by a thick elastic band (allowing the wings to flap up and down). Perhaps it won't ever be an issue, but it would be unfortunate if the band broke and the wing fell off. I guess that is where a hot glue gun could come in handy. Overall, cool toy for pretend play! I also apprecaite the airplane is an airplane. It doesn't have eyes and a smile like many of its plastic companions.
VINE VOICEon July 24, 2012
Color: Plane and Luggage Carrier|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have become a big fan of Melissa and Doug toys in my 9 years of being a parent. I appreciate the face that they are all so simple in their design, while being durable and lacking in the (literal) bells and whistles that their plastic counterparts possess.

My 5 year old son already owns the Car Carrier, which is the truck that carriers 4 small wooden cars on the back. He has enjoyed that at various times in the past year or so. It is a toy that he consistently comes back to. So when looking at other Melissa and Doug options, this one certainly stood out. After seeing the photo, he had 5 days to wait for the delivery and let me tell you, it wasn't easy on him.

First off, I love the packaging. Its a cardboard tray, wrapped with the toy sitting on it in a thin plastic. No ties, no scissors needed, no cussing and slicing open your hand. The toy lifted right out and he immediately began playing.

The front is a toy truck with a driver that slips right in. Behind that is a luggage holder with 4 suitcases. We only saw 2 in the photo so I was very pleased when we got 4! Lastly, is the plane being towed behind. There is one pilot and 3 passengers on the plane. Each piece slips into place in order to be towed. The luggage is the perfect fit into the holder and into the belly of the plane.

The plane wings are folded when it arrives and it took a couple loud claps made by my son for me to take a closer look and find 2 elastic bands that allow the wings to be folded up or remain down. The claps were them being folded back up. He loved it so much, he brought the plane with him to dinner that night.

As I type, all 5 of the people are tucked into the pages of a book next to his bed (in their 'bed' of course). The plane and truck are parked next to the sleeping people and the luggage is safely stored in the compartment of the holder. I'd say that's a pretty good review in itself.
on March 19, 2014
The only reason I gave a 4 vs 5 is because the toy doesn't hook onto other sets, like the train. The people interchange which is great. Takes slot if abuse from a 2 year old, we had it several months before he or I noticed the wings move.
on January 13, 2016
My son loves airplanes and this was perfect for imaginary play. Each little person that it comes with has a matching luggage so you can practice colors as well. I would but kind of container at Target to store the pieces because the little people and luggage get lost easily.
on January 21, 2015
This playset includes people and suitcases that can be taken from the plane or luggage cart and used with similar play sets. We often use this set with our wooden train and car sets to make a larger town. We were a little disappointed that there were no "children" in the plane, only 3 men and 1 woman. It could have been a great toy to prepare a child for its first plane ride if there was a "child" in the plane too. We've been using the people from the other wooden playsets to pretend it's our family in the plane.
on March 2, 2015
Great toy for our 1.5 year old. Simple wood & fun to drive around & put people & luggage in and out. But, there is dried up yellow glue in several spots. Not just where prices were glued together, but dribbles & excess in other places too. Didn't return/exchange because it was christmas.
on August 9, 2012
Melissa & Doug have established a solid reputation as a source for long-lasting high quality children's toys. And the World Plane and Luggage Carrier Set is no exception.

The Whittle World (sorry, I still loathe that name) playset pieces are interchangeable. This set contains twelve pieces: a plane with moveable wings, a two-piece luggage carrier that can also tow the plane, five passengers/drivers, and assorted items of luggage.

Any clever child will know exactly what to do with the toys.

One of the biggest issues in buying a toy set like this - how durable is it? - can't be answered yet. But I do know that it has child appeal, and it is that most blessed toy - one that encourages imaginative play.

All sound effects are provided by the users.
on April 25, 2013
This is a great toy for kids who love transportation. It has enough movable parts to keep a kids imagination engaged, light enough to have it "fly" in a kids hand, and realistic enough that kids will know what they are playing with.
on June 1, 2015
Our girls are going through an airplane phase, so they are really enjoying this set. I don't want to be the "overly sensitive to gender stereotypes" guy, but thought it was probably worth noting that the character with the pilot uniform is clearly a man. There is a woman character who is wearing a nice business suit, and she fits in the pilot seat just fine. Doesn't bother me, but figured it might bother some.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2014
As ive said before and will say it again, any Melissa and Doug product is worth the purchase and the price. Their toys are constructed really well and hold up with moderate play (meaning not deliberately trying to destroy them) This was bought for my 2 year old grandson who love it

See 1 answered question