Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $2.49 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Melissa & Doug Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles in a Box - Vehicles
|Price:||$9.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Contains four wooden puzzles - a race car, a steam engine, a school bus and a fire engine
- 12-piece puzzles
- Sturdy wooden storage box that doubles as a puzzle board
- Perfect for travel: 8 x 6 x 2.5- Inch
- Promotes hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and problem solving
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
Four puzzles in one collection
Get playtime rolling with four vehicle puzzles in one boxed set with this wooden jigsaw puzzle collection. Each 12-piece puzzle, perfect for children three and older, features a different exciting vehicle: fire engine, steam train, school bus, and racecar. The pieces are coded with four different shapes on the back for easy sorting, and they store in a four-compartment wooden box with a sliding lid that doubles as a convenient puzzle board -- perfect for travel! The colorfully illustrated puzzles, pictured on the box for reference, measure 7x 4.5 inches when completed.
Puzzle play is a wonderful way for children to have fun while developing physical, cognitive, and emotional skills. As kids work at solving puzzles, they are developing fine and gross motor skills and hand-eye coordination. They develop problem-solving skills and learn to think logically. Puzzles also help with shape recognition and help to enhance memory. Puzzle play encourages goal setting and patience—both of which are rewarded when the puzzle is completed!
About Melissa & Doug
Melissa & Doug toys are designed to fuel imagination, inspire exploration, and encourage the natural curiosity that leads to a lifetime of learning! From classic wooden toys to creative crafts for every age, Melissa & Doug’s timeless products educate and enrich in a way that’s as natural as playtime itself.
Since their company’s founding in 1988, Melissa and Doug have been committed to making exceptional children’s products, with a focus on hands-on creative play and superior customer service.
With their recognizable red-oval logo, Melissa and Doug put their names on every product they make—a symbol of their commitment to quality, attention to detail, and dedication to improving playtime for families around the world.
Set includes four wooden, 12-piece vehicle jigsaw puzzles-- a racecar, a steam engine, a school bus and a fire engine-- each stored in a separate compartment of a sturdy wooden box! The slide-on box lid doubles as a convenient puzzle board! Each puzzle piece is shape-coded on the back for easy sorting. Great for travel!
- 4 wooden vehicle-themed 12-piece jigsaw puzzles
- Pieces are shape-coded on back and store in sturdy wooden lidded box
- Each puzzle measures 7” x 4.5” when assembled
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:28 Mins|
All you need is a fine point Sharpie and about 10 minutes. As you'll see in the video, it makes a great product even better.
There are many levels of play possible with these puzzles. At first, I put the puzzles together while he watched. Soon, he was putting one puzzle together, after I'd separated the pieces of only that one puzzle out for him. Then he started breaking up all four 12-piece puzzles, jumbling up all 48 total pieces and assembling them again. Then he became fascinated with putting the puzzle pieces away in their little compartments. He's so proud of mastering these skills that he shows them off to every visitor. And now that he's memorized the puzzles, he puts them together as fast as I can!
Even if you think jigsaw puzzles might be a little hard for your toddler, I encourage you to try these. The feeling confidence the little ones get from understanding and mastering them is a great boost for them -- and their parents!
The puzzles are seem very durable too, wood pieces in a wood box. We will see how they hold up over the years for the next child, as we have only had them 2 weeks! I also love that the puzzle can be assembled on the lid.
Overall, I am very impressed with these puzzles and will definately buy more for friends and family (we already bought 4 different ones for our son, which shows how much we liked them).
We still have these puzzles for our second child. They hold up very well and travel well on trips with us! A favorite!
2.4 x 5.9 x 7.7 inches
- Quailty. That's something I've come to rely on with Melisa and Doug and they don't disappoint with this one. I would say it's a small step down in terms of quality from some of their others, but really, for the price you pay, what you get is really great! The wood box is well made, the pieces are not flimsy and the pictures don't peel up at the corners of the pieces like many puzzles.
- FOUR PUZZLES in ONE SMALL BOX! My boy is obsessed with vehicles (particularly trains) so this was perfect. This set has a train, a fire truck, a school bus and a race car. Little boy heaven.
- Easy enough and with few enough pieces that my 4 year old (who also happens to be autistic and gets easily frustrated and gives up when things are too hard) can do these with little help.
- Probably my favorite part about this puzzle is something I was stressing about from the moment I saw it. I was envisioning my boy dumping ALL the pieces out at once and me having a horrible time trying to sort which piece goes with which picture and I which compartment. Fortunately the clever people at Melissa and Doug thought of that and put a different red shape on the backs of every single puzzle piece so you can easily figure out which go together based which have a circle, which have a square etc. That actually makes for fun clean up because it involves sorting! Nice work M&D!
- The lid also serves as a removable puzzle building frame with plenty of room to work.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My 2yo has been asking to play with puzzles, so we obliged. I love the wooden box. Small and compact. The puzzle fits right on top of the closed box. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
The puzzle pieces are warped and they don't lay flat. This was a gift for my nephew and I'm pretty disappointed in the quality.Published 6 days ago by Melissa
My son loves these little puzzles. Great price and they are small enough that he can do in his own. He just turned 3.Published 9 days ago by Georgia
This is a great puzzle set! My daughter loves it! Each puzzle has there own shape on the back of each piece so it's easy to keep the puzzle pieces together when they are thrown... Read morePublished 11 days ago by Erin
This is a lot smaller than I thought it would be but that's okay. You may want to check the product dimensions before ordering. Read morePublished 15 days ago by FL Mom
Good quality, as all the Melissa and Doug brand products are. I bought these for my three year old son, who is growing out of the smaller puzzles and ready for a new challenge. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Amazon Customer
my son played with these alllll the time for about a year (since he was three) they are great quality and easy to do. i would def. recommend.Published 18 days ago by Mickey
Really wonderful take along jigsaw set for travelling. I love the way the 4 sections has been made inside the box to put the pieces away nicely. Read morePublished 18 days ago by amazon fan