Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on April 17, 2015
Excellent product and service. This is one of the most richly hard fought excellent hard and fast and heavy metal albums ever. Perfect from the first note to the last. King diamond is an awesome lead singer he really has a very vast range of octaves. Highlights the beautiful and timely harmonious guitar work by hank Sherman and Michael denner. Evil has never had a more complete and beautiful sound. From evil to curse of the pharos into the coven at the sound of the demon bell. To black funeral and Satan's fall. And last but not least Melissa. This is a really must have for anyone who love truly excellent metal. Plus being on vinyl . It has a beauty all of its own. Highly recommended must-have. A ten. Opps.thanks are amps go to eleven. Yes . Buy this metal fans you won't be dissapointed.
on November 9, 2011
I originally owned this album in 1984, and I remember putting it in for the first time, not knowing what to expect, and simply being blown away. It was actually scary at the time - I felt like I was doing something very wrong by owning this album and I most certainly didn't let my parents hear it! From the opening lines of "Evil" all the way through the end, this album just oozes, well, evil. The riffs and songs are just off the scale - awesome. This is one of the most fun metal albums of the 80's to listen to, no question. It stands up against the best stuff from Maiden (and I LOVE Maiden) or any other band of that time. After not hearing this album for probably 20 years, I repurchased the 25th anniversary release and have fallen in love with it all over again - like a long lost forbidden friend! Of course, it must be said that many people will not be able to get past King Diamond's extensive use of falsetto, but those people are missing out. I would also consider this album very "proggy" in the sense that they are constantly introducing new and increasingly interesting musical ideas. They are not satisfied with just three chord, verse-chorus-verse-chorus songs. These songs move and progress, and are always throwing something great at you. "Satan's Fall" is simply epic and has some of the most ominous sounding riffs you'll hear. "Melissa" is beautifully spooky. "Into the Coven" is just awesome, and the list goes on - every song is a solid classic of the era, and the album as a whole stands up today as well as it did almost 30 years ago. A treasure for any metal collection.
on August 25, 2011
Paradigm breaking. Honestly, I can give or take some of the lyrics. In spite of that, this is still a seminal album if you like your music heavy and bad @-s-s! I could care less about why they split up, but it's a crying shame they did, 'cause Denner and Sherman are an amazing double threat on guitar. Add in that kind of vocal ability... in the last 25 years few bands have made such a definitive impact on a genre of music as Fate did with just 2 albums: Melissa and Don't Break the Oath. I can still remember picking up 'Melissa' in 1983, just cause the cover looked sweet and the song titles sounded promising, lol...one of only a couple times in my life I can recall the hair on the back of my neck standing straight up!

As to this particular remastering, it sounds great... but then, tho' keep in mind my comparison is a thoroughly worn 28 year old vinyl copy. The extras are very nice additions, to be sure, but you should buy it anyway!
on November 4, 2013
i first heard this album(yes, I mean vinyl) in the mid eighties. It was some of the darkest music and sick vocals id ever heard. It was totally different than anything id heard at the time, but it was cool. While my friends were listening to AC/DC, Priest, Accept and Maiden. I was looking into more of the underground stuff because of this.King's vox are spot on with the music and the songs are very well crafted. Ive enjoyed Melissa constantly over the last 20 some-odd years and consider it to be one of the greatest albums ever(imo). So if your into aggressive, dark, sinister music, give it a try. I love it!!!!
on January 20, 2006
An excellent release. Always my favorite Mercyful Fate album, this version is an improvment over the remastered version due to the inclusion of a video of three live tracks. The optional commentary by King Diamond is a nice touch. The sound quality of the video is about what one would expect from a pre-Melissa club setting. Not as good as my "Live from the Depths of Hell" boot, but good enough. They used three cameras, so the footage is quite nice.

I have the remastered version of Melissa as well, but really, to have a video of Doomed by the Living Dead makes it worth twice the price. Of course, this only whets my appetite to have a full DVD release from the Melissa and "Oath" period. How about it guys?
on March 27, 2018
Great classic metal record!!
on October 27, 2014
What else do you expect from the King? I'd sell my soul if they got back together and toured
on December 2, 2014
I bought the mp3 album and its awesome!! I listen to it in my car on Bluetooth. Get it, you won't regret.
on December 29, 2011
This is the classic remaster for the 25th Anniversary of 'Melissa'. What can you say? This was the original, an innovator. This is probably the catchiest and straight "cult" records of 'Black' Metal history. Just listen to the first song, "Evil" and you're hooked. If you call yourself a heavy metal fan, you need to buy this, even if you already had the original. Comes with a 3 song DVD with commentary by King.
on January 9, 2015
Its the best period dot.