Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17 reviews
on January 18, 2012
I have never read a book that so perfectly explains the humanity behind God and War. For anyone wanting a better understanding of the soldiers' religious fight as well as the hard won victories of the 10th Mtn, this book is PERFECT! I am so greatful for this read, as my brother is a retired Polar Bear. To read of the battles, the places, the men that fought along side him...well, it fills my heart with pride in our service members and answers many questions regarding my brothers deployment. In addition to the amazing detail of the war and battles fought, is a very human reaction to the spiritual battle fought by many servicemen and women. It is wonderful to read the Chaplains prayers in the face of the enemy, which brought peace to so many soldiers. I pray this book will bring peace to the soldier trying to cope with PTSD or the trauma of war, and how God fits into the whole equation! Thank you, Chaplain Bryan for putting into words the heartache and triumphs of the 10th Mountain Division, while serving God on the frontlines!
on August 22, 2011
The story that Army Chaplain Jeff Bryan tells is a very personal account of not only his battles with how much war and death conflict with religion, but also the hard fought days all of us Polar Bears spent during our tour. This was really two stories, one of a man (Jeff Bryan) that was the cohesion so many soldiers looked for and Jeff's story of being a Army Chaplain in possibly the worst time and area of the entire Iraq campaign. I am proud to have been a Polar Bear, I will be a Polar Bear all my life as will all the men that served in 4-31. This book makes me even prouder to be a Polar Bear! Thank you for telling your story Sir!
Pro Patria
on August 29, 2011
This book sets a high standard for the chaplain corp, one that I hope and pray that all chaplains are able to meet. CH (CPT) Bryan's love of Soldiers is evident on every page, and I appreciate the open emotions that he puts into his book. This book gives other chaplains the kick in the pants needed to remind us not to be lazy, but to seek out ministry opportunities every moment of each day. Chaplains are there to serve, and CH (CPT) Bryan exemplifies this mindset. The book doesn't just show all of his success though, it shows his failures as well. These help convince the reader that we aren't just seeing the best of the man, but all of the real sides of a man.

I recommend this book especially to all chaplains, chaplain candidates, and chaplain assistants. If you want a good example of courage under fire and how a UMT should function, read this book.
on April 6, 2012
As one who knows the author of this book, I would highly recommend it as a must read for those that want to understand the tough soul searching issues of war. Jeff is a solid committed Christian chaplain who has been in the trenches with his troops and continued to walk in faith and hope. He has brought this hope to men and women who have faced the horror of war and helped them to do their job with courage and integrity. If you want to read about the integral part that chaplains play in unit cohesion and morale, read this book. It will be hard to lay down once you start reading.
on August 28, 2011
Chaplain Jeff Bryan is one of the bravest men I've ever known. I knew he would write a good book, but had no idea it would be this good. His crisp prose brings to life the action, ministry, and danger the unit ministry team faces when they are most needed on the battlefield. The amazing detail with which he recalls names, places, and events draws the reader fluidly into the field of conflict. Jeff has honored many and done us all a great service by writing this excellent book.

CH (CPT) J. Clark Sneed
on January 22, 2015
I served with these men, these Polar Bears and loved them all. This book was a hard read for me since I lived it. I recommend this book to any one who wants to know more about the war in Iraq.
on September 30, 2014
I served with CPT Bryan in the triangle of death. This is a great book that tells the story of great American warriors from the perspective of a man of God.
on January 7, 2014
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas! She couldn't put it down! She said it was awesome!!! I will read it next!
on March 6, 2015
Arrived on time and as described
on December 6, 2011
This book has changed the way I a soldier looks at war, and has given me inspiration and a better understanding of not only war but of hope, faith, and human existence.