CHOKING HAZARD -- This toy is a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Memorex MA3911MS Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with Microphone
- Bluetooth wireless connection to iPhone and other smart phones
- Integrated microphone for hands free calling
- Line-in connection to other digital audio devices
- Simplified controls for power on and Bluetooth connection
- AC/DC power (4 AAA batteries for DC power not included)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- Small size 2.4 x 3.9 x 2.5". This makes it a very portable mini-speaker and also convenient for traveling. I have posted some pictures to show the size compared to the popular Altec and the tiny Veho VSS-006-BT Portable 360 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker for iPhone/Phones/Laptops/Netbooks/Bluetooth Devices VSS-006-360BT
- I found the sound quality to be good but a bit flat out of the box. This is fine for movies, however for better quality sound adjust your devise equalizer and you wont regret your purchase.
- Controls are very easy to use. These are: volume up, volume down, answer phone, and mode (bluetooth/inline). Note that the speaker will revert its volume settings to medium level every time you turn it off/on. This can be a pain but I think it servers as a safety precaution.
- I like the fact it uses 4 AAA batteries. This is the main reason I got these speakers as I prefer having access to the battery case. I can get about 8 hours on my set of rechargeable batteries.
- Bluetooth frees you from tangled wires, however, there is an in-line connector if you need one for your non-bluetooth devices.
- There is a wall charger back-up if you run out batteries or want to save on battery costs.
- As mentioned above, the default sound is a bit flat out of the box but easily fixed with your devise equailzer.Read more ›
The speaker is very easy to set up. I was able to pair both my Android phone and Samsung MP3 player with no problem. It's powered by an AC adapter, or four AAA batteries. I would have prefered a rechargeable battery, as I don't want to have to carry additional AAA batteries when I'm not at home. It has a line-in connection, which is useful if you cannot connect wirelessly, but no wire to connect to the unit, so you have to provide that as well.
Now, on to the sound. The Memorex speaker produced a flat and somewhat muddled sound. Podcasts or the spoken voice sounds fine. Range-wise, the musical output is very limited. There are no controls to boost bass or treble, so you are left with a pretty unspectacular sounding bluetooth speaker, great for talk, and average or below average for music. With a list price of $50, I expected more.
Sound is very subjective when discussing speakers. This unit has very good sound quality. I saw some reviews knock the sound quality on this speaker, but im assuming they had to high of expectations for such a tiny speaker. At first I thought this was a single driver unit, but memorex has managed to stuff 2 small speakers in this tiny unit. I feel this benefits the sound versus the single speaker models out there. Trying to mix left and right channel sound into one speaker muddy's the sound some times. This unit has a very smooth sound, not shrill, and enough mid-bass to make out the bass lines in most songs without sounding like its strained to do so.
Memorex did a superb job making this unit. The materials feel solid and high quality. The buttons are easy to press and feel solid. The design is very minimalist but well thought out.
This unit blew away so many other speakers I have tried on connectivity. In my line of sight test I was able to walk over 70 feet from my phone (a Galaxy S3) before the music became too choppy to listen. This range far exceeded every other speaker I tried. On phone calls this unit was middle of the road in voice clarity. Callers on the other end said I sounded good on their end, but could tell i was using a speakerphone device.
While not the smallest unit I tested, this was the smallest unit with stereo speaker drivers. This unit also was the only unit that was not rechargeable.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works as advertised although the volume can't be adjusted as high as I would like. Plug into wall for home or use 4 AAAA batteries for mobile. Read morePublished 3 months ago by R. Miller
Love the quality of sound for this product. Could play music and I hear conversations, others could hear me fine. I bought this to help me talk on the phone after ear surgery. Read morePublished 7 months ago by NormalNobody
This little speaker THE BOMB! Purchased while working outside/refinishing my pool, to listen to music & answer/speak on my phone without having to touch/hold my phone or wear a... Read morePublished 9 months ago by AZ Mamma
My wife uses this nearly every evening when she takes a shower, for 3 years now. I bought this on clearance from staples, what a bargain. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Jeremyrnr
The seller was super. Shipped this fast to me at his expense. Very nice service. The device works pretty good for me. Read morePublished on June 26, 2014 by K & D
We can hear conversations and others can hear us, was delivered promptly and in good shape. We would recommend it and are not at all dissatisfied.Published on February 8, 2014 by Karl Hampton
Good overall! Does what it claims to do. I recommend it. Do tell the other people you call may hear delay or sound like in a wharehouse. Read morePublished on January 31, 2014 by Amazon Customer
I already owned one of these and waned to purchase one as a gift. I love it because it uses batteries. No charging needed! I would purchase another one if the need arose.Published on December 27, 2013 by D. A. Blair