Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Memory Game - Dora the Explorer Edition
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on November 5, 2008
You would think all memory games are created equal, but even for adults this particular memory game can the tough to play. The problem is, the designers have way overused the images of Dora, Boots and Diego on these cards. For example, there are about 10 different matches that have Dora on them. (e.g. Dora as a Pirate, Dora the Princess, Dora on a Unicorn, Dora with flowers, Dora playing soccer, Dora running, Dora jumping, Dora with Boots, etc.)

With this type of setup, it's tough to get your brain to remember all these "similar" cards with small differences, and it's especially hard for little minds. I would have rather have seen unique characters/things across all cards, and there are plenty of other images they COULD have use, but they didn't. I've ended up playing with a smaller number of cards that don't have all the repeating images.
on March 15, 2006
Puts a unique spin on the original Memory Game using Dora characters kids know and love.
on March 12, 2012
This Dora memory game is surprisingly wonderful. The cards are not flimsy and a tray holds the cards, which every mother will appreciate. The cards have all of the characters on the Dora TV show like the Grumpy old troll, the grandmother, grandpa, dad, mom, the band, Swiper, and of course, Boots and Dora. Even though there are several Boots and Dora cards, they are different enough that my daughter can easily remember and match them. For example, Dora in pajamas, Dora in a pretty yellow dress, Dora in a cowgirl outfit, etc. I would say if your child loves Dora and you could only purchase one toy/game, this would be it. It's a lot of fun for the whole family. Even dad enjoys it!
on February 24, 2012
Daughter loved it from day 1, she likes to show me whenever she found a match! Dora characters made it more fun for her since she really is a Dora fan. It's pretty sturdy so it's still intact after 5 months, and I think it will last a long time. If your kids love Dora, buy it! It's worth every penny, and buys you some "me" time.
on December 15, 2008
We purchased this game for my daughter's second birthday. It's a fun twist to the original memory and holds my daughter's attention because it's Dora but many of the pictures look the same which makes it hard for little ones to tell the difference. I am not sure how else they could have done it because there are only so many Dora characters...just an observation!
on March 22, 2008
I just played this game with a wonderful child in the hospital. We both had the time of our lives, and I haven't had a memory work out like that in years, and I can quote almost all of Hamlet's best portions, by heart. We laughed, we made mistakes, we laughed more! How could you give this any less than 5 stars?
on April 10, 2007
we bought this for my daughter a year ago at target. she spends hours playing it and looking at her favorite charachters. these cards help teach these children about matching and naming the charachters on them. keep your kid busy so you can get more done buy this for any dora fanatic you won't regret it.
on June 9, 2010
As the parent of a child with special needs and memory issues, this game has improved my child's memory capability, as well as improved her self esteem. She loves playing the game too which is helpful since she easily gets discouraged in school when the teachers use similar learning tools.
on October 5, 2009
Bought the Memory Dora game for my Granddaughter's 4th birthday. She plays this game all the time, and of course she wins! Everyone plays with her: Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Aunts, etc. It's a great gift for any age, and lots of fun for all.
on January 15, 2007
I bought this game for my neice's for Christmas. They love to play this game. They really concentrate and get so excited when they guess right. Wonderful learning game that they can play on their own when you don't have the time.