- Hardcover: 365 pages
- Publisher: University of South Carolina Press; First Edition (1st printing) edition (October 23, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1570037515
- ISBN-13: 978-1570037511
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 1.3 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,164,859 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Men of Granite: New Hampshire's Soldiers in the Civil War First Edition (1st printing) Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Focusing primarily on the heroics and hardships of those in uniform, Shaffer has mined a sizable sampling of original diaries and letters to present the most ambitious single-volume account yet of all New Hampshire's Civil War soldiers, with a few sailors' tales thrown into the bargain. William Marvel, author of Lincoln's Darkest Year: The War in 1862 --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
From the Author
Duane E. Shaffer is a cofounder of the Civil War Round Table of New Hampshire and past secretary of the New Hampshire Monuments and Memorials Commission. A library director in the state of New Hampshire for twenty years, he is currently head of collection development for the Sanibel Public Library in Sanibel, Florida.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?