Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 74 reviews
on March 24, 2013
I happened to learn of this book while watching EWTN and as a way to enhance what I had learned on the on-going TV program I bouth the book. It was wonderful because at this late age in my life I still wondered: What is true love between a man and a woman? Mind you, I have been married for 36 years and thought I understood, but I didn't. I understand it now, thanks to this translation of what our beloved Blessed John Paul II wrote on his book: Love and Responsibility. This book is Dr. Sri's way of making Blessed John Paul's work ammenable to our ears.

I highly recommend this book to all but especially to those just starting out in life because they will understand what finding a mate is all about. It is about finding a love that is enduring, self-sacraficing, and true to the promises of the vocation of marriage and family.

Thank you Edward Sri for brining this work to us.

Best regards,
OlgaC
on January 13, 2016
We used this book as the basis for a young adult (18-35 years old) discussion group. Our members ran the spectrum from no prior knowledge of St. Pope John Paul II's works and teachings to those with an in-depth understanding of the same. Philosophers and practically minded folks alike enjoyed the book. The content was both accessible and insightful, and the questions made the discussion flow naturally. We had 12 weeks of great discussion and now find ourselves struggling to follow with an equally excellent work.

The group discussions normally had 5-6 people showing up, we were regularly at 15-16 people for this study.
on June 14, 2016
I'm married and I sooooo wish I had read this 15 years ago when I started dating-- or better yet BEFORE dating!! It would have saved me so much heartache. There's such a lack of truth out there these days.
This is a must read. It teaches you what TRUE love is. Not this cheap imitation that the world is currently selling that crumbles at the slightest adversity and has given us the current divorce rate. . So much wisdom and a great "easy read". I may go on to read JPII's Love & Responsibility now that I've got the cliff notes under my belt as a prep.

It's SO good. Please read it. Buy an extra copy to share with someone. Single, dating, engaged, married-- there's honestly so much good stuff in there for everyone!
on August 15, 2013
Being invested in young couples (and also not so young) preparing to Marry in the Catholic Church through Marriage Preparation Programs - we are well aware of the attitudes and issues that these young people come to marriage with. Our opinion: Any one who works with couples and marriage would benefit greatly from this book. It should also be a required read for every couple seeking to be married and for all married couples. Pope John Paul II was completely inspired in his writings and this book outlines the basics that led to His brilliant work "The Theology of the Body"......
on March 19, 2014
Easy to read and comprehend.
Illuminated for me so many feelings/thoughts, (yet had never been able to articulate) I had about things which through the years I never realized are part of the natural order of relationships, which secular media/relationship experts have no clue about so their advice, though may have bits of merit, they do tend to a more self-centered approach rather then the giving of one's self.
Looking forward to reading John Paul II's 'Love and Responsibility', which I had never heard of before reading this book.
on May 19, 2017
I wish I read it long time ago. The love perfectly explained from the Catholic perspective. Highly recommended to anyone serious about marriage
on February 16, 2016
This book really opened my eyes to the thought and writing of John Paul II. I have consumed other books since this one, but I have continued to come back and browse this straight forward and practical work by Edward Sri. Thank you, Mr Sri!
on December 3, 2012
I gave a copy of this book to my daughter and she and her boyfriend are enjoying reading through it. I was glad to have something less dense than the original books about Theology of the Body to recommend to them. They both have very busy lifestyles and this book covers the important areas and they can come back to it in depth as their relationship progresses. I also really enjoyed this book myself and just wish it had been around those 30 something years ago... I would consider giving this book as an engagement or even wedding gift!
on November 23, 2013
One of the most challenging yet wonderful books I have ever read. You have to keep it in perspective and remember that nobody is perfect, but if you at least try your best to follow the principles set out in this book, I think you will have quite a happy marriage.
on June 10, 2013
This book provide a very practical breakdown of JPII's Love and Responsibility and included many quotations from that work that were quite beautiful and powerful. The content, however could sometimes get a bit repetitive, which I could often use as a springboard for meditation on a given topic, while at other times it just seemed too basic. Overall I enjoyed the read and it gave me much to pray about and reflect on as I worked through it.