Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on April 17, 2013
I've listened to dozens and dozens of audio works and this is one of the most enjoyable, useful, joy filled, educational and life changing I've heard. Brene Brown is so busy being normal, vulnerable and one of us that you instantly feel a rapport and are eager to hear what she has to say. If you are thrown by the word "shame" Brown helps us realize how it insidiously haunts each of our lives. I'm on my second listen and I continue to get one revelation after another - not to mention a feeling of freedom that I hadn't experienced before. I recommend this to anyone who is living and breathing - it's going to be my gift to my family and friends this year.
0Comment| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 10, 2013
Brene Brown is one of the smartest people I've listened to and when I got a hold of this audio-book production of hers, I couldn't put it down until I was done. I literally laughed and cried and nodded through most of it. If you've done any work (or feel ready to) on your own shame and sense of worthiness, I can't think of a more gentle, empowering, engaging way to open that box of worms than this recording.
0Comment| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 10, 2014
I was familiar with some of Brene Brown's later work and Ted talks, which are fantastic. I also knew she had started out researching shame, and I knew shame had always been a big issue for me. I came from a very shame-based family, and shaming was the usual response for anything I did that my parents didn't like. "You should be ashamed of yourself," or "You're too old (or too smart) to do things like that," and similar injunctions were daily fare. As an adult, even an OLDER adult, I was constantly shaming myself, and it affected my self-worth and ability to attract good things and good people into my life. When I received this two-CD set, I listened to it in my car at least ten times and found out I could DECIDE to stop shaming myself, or letting other people shame me. That' s been a big breakthrough for me. I don't know if it's changed my life yet, but I do know it's changed my self-talk and how I feel about myself. I highly recommend it for anyone.
on July 3, 2015
I have listened to the entire cd and find her work nearly predictive of how I and others in my family have behaved and will behave. It's helped me to take a deeper look in side and begin working to understand my origin story. The goal is to put in the work now so that my son will grow into the man he needs to be for himself.
on May 18, 2013
Brene Brown has hit a home run with this one! There are 2 CD's, and each one takes about an hour to listen to - well worth your time! We all feel varying degrees of "shame" or feeling "less than" in our lives! We all have things that trigger these feelings. Do you ever feel like you're not enough? Do you ever feel like you're hustling to get approval or to fit in? Brene openly and honestly talks about these feelings, sharing personal stories, and it's easy to see how we all experience these emotions in varying degrees; it's part of being human! The key is to recognize these feelings for what they are, become aware of what our individual triggers are, and to learn how to respond and deal with them in a constructive way. Feelings of shame often lead to a vicious cycle of blame and judgment. And, of course, men and women have different triggers and different ways of handling them - it was truly eye-opening to see the differences and gain insight into this! This is a way to break the cycle, feel better about yourself and learn to thrive and be happier. She gives lots of examples, has great empathy and humor, and I can't recommend these CD's enough. This was a major "aha" moment for me!
11 comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 25, 2013
I really like the author. It is read by her, and it is as though she is talking with you. Very interesting! I have been reading all of her books. I am a therapist and many people deal with these issues. I hope to go to some of her workshops but until then... I will continue listening and reading her books.
on February 2, 2018
I like this, and I like Brené Brown, but this sort of feels like a re-hash of her other books. After reading Daring Greatly and loving it so much, I thought this would be an excellent inside understanding of the particular issue of worthiness and how it affects men and women differently, but I found it lacking. Oh, well! Still enjoyed it, just wanted more.
on November 16, 2014
Love, LOVE Brene Brown and what I love about this series the most, (in the Audio CD version), is that it's Brene herself who speaks. This is one of my FAVORITE audio books. I listen to it while I drive and it's like my own private seminar. She speaks directly to you and shares her experiences on each subject. I really love her way of teaching and understanding. There is lots to learn from her research. I love all of her work. Can't beat Amazon Prime...
on March 19, 2017
I absolutely love Dr. Brown's work, she helps me understand so much,
lots of "Aha" moments! I use her materials in helping others in 12 Step Programs
on March 1, 2018
Very eye opening (audio) book. Wife and eye listened to it separately then together and talked through points we felt good to discuss. Great points that helps one reflect on themselves regardless of your place in life. Highly recommend this for anyone and everyone.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse