Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 142 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 153 reviews
on April 17, 2013
I've listened to dozens and dozens of audio works and this is one of the most enjoyable, useful, joy filled, educational and life changing I've heard. Brene Brown is so busy being normal, vulnerable and one of us that you instantly feel a rapport and are eager to hear what she has to say. If you are thrown by the word "shame" Brown helps us realize how it insidiously haunts each of our lives. I'm on my second listen and I continue to get one revelation after another - not to mention a feeling of freedom that I hadn't experienced before. I recommend this to anyone who is living and breathing - it's going to be my gift to my family and friends this year.
on March 10, 2013
Brene Brown is one of the smartest people I've listened to and when I got a hold of this audio-book production of hers, I couldn't put it down until I was done. I literally laughed and cried and nodded through most of it. If you've done any work (or feel ready to) on your own shame and sense of worthiness, I can't think of a more gentle, empowering, engaging way to open that box of worms than this recording.
on April 29, 2013
So far I have been impressed with everything I've heard and read from Brene Brown. She has really done a ton of research on shame and how it impacts our lives and our relationships. We pass so much down to our children and the cycles become worse. She teaches how to identify it and gives tools to deal with it and move out of the negative effects of shame.

I feel her information is powerful and can help us identify and break through our own bad habits (many of which are passed down). I highly recommend it and have bought extra copies for family members and loved ones, I think this info is incredible.
on June 10, 2013
Brene has some insights that helped me get through some hard times. I watched her TED video a year ago but it didn't grab me at that time. I watched it again and it really resonated for me. I just needed to be ready for her message to take hold in my life. Thank you Brene for your research and soul searching, it has helped me be more vulnerable and wholehearted.
on July 3, 2015
I have listened to the entire cd and find her work nearly predictive of how I and others in my family have behaved and will behave. It's helped me to take a deeper look in side and begin working to understand my origin story. The goal is to put in the work now so that my son will grow into the man he needs to be for himself.
on April 25, 2013
I really like the author. It is read by her, and it is as though she is talking with you. Very interesting! I have been reading all of her books. I am a therapist and many people deal with these issues. I hope to go to some of her workshops but until then... I will continue listening and reading her books.
on June 16, 2013
This study in shame is life changing! She really makes me think about my reactions to people and where my anger comes from. I highly recommend it.
on January 21, 2017
Learned a lot. I'm a social worker, and I've been able correlate the material into real-world therapy. My husband thought the section on men and shame was right on.
on February 23, 2017
She's awesome, and this is a good road accompaniment. Somewhat expensive for the short amount of time, but a good quality product.
on January 22, 2014
Dr. Brown's early research was on how shame affected just women. I loved her book "I Thought It Was Just Me...", but it gave a lot of detailed examples and only about women. This CD gives examples of shame for both men and women and is simpler and more to the point than her other books. I love pretty much anything that comes from her work, because she is honest and authentic. The TED talks are fantastic, but don't really give you direction for healing from shame and learning to be shame resilient, whereas her books (and this CD) do. Also, as opposed to her books on CD this is actually Dr. Brown talking, which makes things way more fun because she is so down to earth and real! Thank you Brene Brown for doing this work and sharing it with us, so that our lives can be more authentic and peaceful!!!