BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on November 16, 2014
Love, LOVE Brene Brown and what I love about this series the most, (in the Audio CD version), is that it's Brene herself who speaks. This is one of my FAVORITE audio books. I listen to it while I drive and it's like my own private seminar. She speaks directly to you and shares her experiences on each subject. I really love her way of teaching and understanding. There is lots to learn from her research. I love all of her work. Can't beat Amazon Prime...
on February 26, 2017
When I listened to this- it changed my life! It is so good! I have loaned to to several friends! Brene is funny and I can relate to her and her stories!! Definitely a must have.
on August 31, 2017
I listen to this talk when I am feeling down and shameful myself and it helps so much in allowing me to connect and understand my feelings.
on April 28, 2017
My wife and I both got a lot out of this cd. Gave us a new perspective on our lives.
on December 31, 2016
Excellent
on October 17, 2013
I have dated a woman for two years who is where she is today because of the shame that her mother has given her from an early age through today. She has seen a psychologist for 12 years and has been on anti depressants for the past 6 years. I fell deeply in love with her and attempted to help her every step of the way. I researched and researched on her/our behalf. I took her to my friend who is a psychologist. I bought her books. No one was able to pin point that where she was all came from shame.

She created strategies to disconnect. To self destruct relationships. She has many groups of girlfriends. Church, neighborhood, college and work. She spent most of her weekends with her girlfriends. As a man who loved her I wanted more time with her. She would say that I would eventually break up with her and that she needed her girlfriends to be able to hang with so that she could cope. She always had one foot in and one foot out of this relationship. She readily admitted it. She would tell me that she has never loved anyone as deeply as me and that I am the Best Kisser, Lover, Boyfriend she ever has had. The chemistry between us was very strong and when we were together we almost never left the bedroom. Her words were great and I felt them, however she could never make me her top choice to be with developing our relationship even deeper. As she said in the beginning of the relationship: The only thing I have to offer you is sex & if I were you I would run.

She has tremendous fears and anxieties which she always walked towards. As a result of her never being fully present I started to pull away. I was feeling resentment and eventually anger as she truly could not connect or show love. When my father was in a hospice and his days were few she could not even be at my side to comfort me. She choose to baby sit a nephew as opposed to being with me the weekend when dad passed.

One night towards the end of our relationship she was in my bed and started crying out of no where and opened up explaining how she was treated and raised by her mother. I grabbed a legal pad and wrote down everything she said verbatim. I placed the notes in a cabinet above my wet bar in the master bedroom. I talked with her and attempted to sooth her pain. Shortly afterwards I left for Israel on a 5 month sabbatical to heal. My last two years for me were very difficult. I had lost my mother the year before and then my father. I was in a relationship where I deeply fell in love with a beautiful woman who could not connect or show love. I asked god for direction.

While is Israel Lisa and I decided to not see each other again. Upon arriving back to the states I saw Brene Brown on Oprah Winfrey's Super Soul Sunday. I went to amazon.com and ordered this CD. I have played this about 8 times. This CD is all about my ex-girlfriend Lisa. I understood now, where mentally she was and why . I wrote her a letter attempting to reconnect and empathize with her on what I now understood. She was upset as she did not want to be reminded of her past in any way. She wanted to hide it by placing all of those memories in a bottle, placing the lid on it tightly and putting it out of sight. She does not wish to address this pain in any way shape or form. We have had no contact since.

Brene Brown is Lisa's age and Brene has successfully been able to work through her own issues of shame and has become the foremost expert in this field of study. I, through my relationship with Lisa have now been able to see pain in my life caused by past relationships and have now been able to work through those issues. Brene Brown is an unbelievable resource as everybody at one point or another in their life has experienced shame to one degree or another. I highly recommend this CD for everybody out there. The difficulty is that those who have experience shame, which is the same as those who have experienced trauma will actually have to want to address and work through those issues. From what I know at this point in time Lisa is not ready... I can tell you that she wants to be married very badly. She asked me to marry her exclaiming that she would change. I told her that I did not think that marriage could change an individual and that we should work on issues now and then look to marry afterwards. She did not like that. I wish her Happiness which I believe will only come through enlightenment.
on February 12, 2017
Really like these CD's. However, one or possibly two of them were defective! Can they be returned for replacement?
on November 6, 2013
This is such an interesting cd and I can listen to it over and over. It isn't a one and done book on cd. The second time I listened I heard some stuff that I hadn't picked up the first time and it is a great reminder after that, when the world kicks in and you need to readjust your thinking and get back on track. I actually ended up letting my friend borrow it and know I am not getting it back as she is having her co-workers listen to it. I will be buying a new copy. Love it.
on April 26, 2014
Dr. Brown has a great insight to the cause of many problems in our lives. Their is not a person alive that has not suffered from shame. If you are like me, shame is the root of so many issues, but I didn't even know that it was shame. From perfectionism to low self esteem, I have beat myself up. So often we have been treated as bad people instead of a person who's actions did something bad. My whole perceptive has changed by the solutions that Dr. Brown has provided.
on June 5, 2017