Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 138 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 149 reviews
on April 17, 2013
I've listened to dozens and dozens of audio works and this is one of the most enjoyable, useful, joy filled, educational and life changing I've heard. Brene Brown is so busy being normal, vulnerable and one of us that you instantly feel a rapport and are eager to hear what she has to say. If you are thrown by the word "shame" Brown helps us realize how it insidiously haunts each of our lives. I'm on my second listen and I continue to get one revelation after another - not to mention a feeling of freedom that I hadn't experienced before. I recommend this to anyone who is living and breathing - it's going to be my gift to my family and friends this year.
on March 10, 2013
Brene Brown is one of the smartest people I've listened to and when I got a hold of this audio-book production of hers, I couldn't put it down until I was done. I literally laughed and cried and nodded through most of it. If you've done any work (or feel ready to) on your own shame and sense of worthiness, I can't think of a more gentle, empowering, engaging way to open that box of worms than this recording.
on April 29, 2013
So far I have been impressed with everything I've heard and read from Brene Brown. She has really done a ton of research on shame and how it impacts our lives and our relationships. We pass so much down to our children and the cycles become worse. She teaches how to identify it and gives tools to deal with it and move out of the negative effects of shame.

I feel her information is powerful and can help us identify and break through our own bad habits (many of which are passed down). I highly recommend it and have bought extra copies for family members and loved ones, I think this info is incredible.
on May 18, 2013
Brene Brown has hit a home run with this one! There are 2 CD's, and each one takes about an hour to listen to - well worth your time! We all feel varying degrees of "shame" or feeling "less than" in our lives! We all have things that trigger these feelings. Do you ever feel like you're not enough? Do you ever feel like you're hustling to get approval or to fit in? Brene openly and honestly talks about these feelings, sharing personal stories, and it's easy to see how we all experience these emotions in varying degrees; it's part of being human! The key is to recognize these feelings for what they are, become aware of what our individual triggers are, and to learn how to respond and deal with them in a constructive way. Feelings of shame often lead to a vicious cycle of blame and judgment. And, of course, men and women have different triggers and different ways of handling them - it was truly eye-opening to see the differences and gain insight into this! This is a way to break the cycle, feel better about yourself and learn to thrive and be happier. She gives lots of examples, has great empathy and humor, and I can't recommend these CD's enough. This was a major "aha" moment for me!
on June 10, 2013
Brene has some insights that helped me get through some hard times. I watched her TED video a year ago but it didn't grab me at that time. I watched it again and it really resonated for me. I just needed to be ready for her message to take hold in my life. Thank you Brene for your research and soul searching, it has helped me be more vulnerable and wholehearted.
on May 10, 2014
I was familiar with some of Brene Brown's later work and Ted talks, which are fantastic. I also knew she had started out researching shame, and I knew shame had always been a big issue for me. I came from a very shame-based family, and shaming was the usual response for anything I did that my parents didn't like. "You should be ashamed of yourself," or "You're too old (or too smart) to do things like that," and similar injunctions were daily fare. As an adult, even an OLDER adult, I was constantly shaming myself, and it affected my self-worth and ability to attract good things and good people into my life. When I received this two-CD set, I listened to it in my car at least ten times and found out I could DECIDE to stop shaming myself, or letting other people shame me. That' s been a big breakthrough for me. I don't know if it's changed my life yet, but I do know it's changed my self-talk and how I feel about myself. I highly recommend it for anyone.
on July 3, 2015
I have listened to the entire cd and find her work nearly predictive of how I and others in my family have behaved and will behave. It's helped me to take a deeper look in side and begin working to understand my origin story. The goal is to put in the work now so that my son will grow into the man he needs to be for himself.
on April 25, 2013
I really like the author. It is read by her, and it is as though she is talking with you. Very interesting! I have been reading all of her books. I am a therapist and many people deal with these issues. I hope to go to some of her workshops but until then... I will continue listening and reading her books.
on February 17, 2013
Concise, relevant, and coaching in an easy and amusing way! Identifies results from research about characterisitcs and effects of shame (i.e. not good enough), and the differences for men and women. Most importantly, describes strategies for "shame resiliance", something we all can use!
on June 16, 2013
This study in shame is life changing! She really makes me think about my reactions to people and where my anger comes from. I highly recommend it.