Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Color: Gold|Change

Showing 1-10 of 75 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on January 21, 2015
I ordered this Mendini pocket trumpet for my 6 year old grandson. I intend to teach him the joy of trumpet playing starting this new year. After having been a professional brass instrumentalist for 55 years, I have found this venture to be something that will reward him for the rest of his life. Now, first off, this no where like my Bach Strad, or my Yamaha ($3000+) but for $150 it is well worth the price. Spring and compression is impressive, and I found it to be an all-around responsive instrument. I realize it takes a little more effort with breathing and air requirements, but the size and weight are perfect for him. The only reason I held back a 5 star rating is because it is somewhat difficult to hold with the right hand-- but this is the nature of the pocket or piccolo trumpet. Comes with a sturdy case and a 7C mouthpiece. Also, be aware that these will NOT meet the requirements of school band directors.
on March 9, 2017
I got this for my son to have something to take with him on his Boy Scout campouts instead of his trumpet. He loves it. It plays as good as his trumpet. The valves are a little tight, but they are loosening up. Tuning was easy. Case is nice and provides good protection. Make sure you have valve oil and slide grease and fix it up when you get it.
on December 26, 2012
This item was purchased for my daughter, a high school freshman who's been playing trumpet for 4 years. It sounds exactly like her standard sized trumpet, if not better! I was amazed at the quality of the workmanship and material used in the production. I didn't expect it to be as nice as it is given the price. It comes with a fabulous hard case, which was another pleasant surprise!! This is excellent as a second trumpet to practice with at home so she doesn't have to haul her other trumpet home every day. I ordered the silver as I have read that the color chips off the various colored instruments. You wont be sorry if you decide to purchase this quality instrument!!
on April 18, 2013
I wasn't sure about the quality of this product since I have never seen this brand in person. This pocket trumpet is solid. We showed my son's band director and was told that it was fine. It tuned and played nicely, the valves do not stick, and the slides adjust nicely. While he plays his regular trumpet at school he uses this one at home for practice (that way he does not have to tote the bigger one back and forth except when to clean it) and he also plays it at special occasion performances. It came with a great case, stand, gloves, valve oil, cloth, and a REALLY great tuner. We paid $147 total for it and was a great Christmas present!
on March 13, 2017
Bought multiple mendinin pocket trumpet for our beginner church band, and the students have many problems with them. The valves do not work smoothly; they get stuck very often, even after oiling them. We start off class oiling them, and an hour later, they become sticky again. Another problem i noticed is that the spit valve rubber falls off easily.
on April 26, 2017
Absolutely awesome for the price! In tune, and sounds wonderful in church with a church organ. Good practice horn as well, big bire, so you end up needing to put more air through it, but it remains on tone/in tune. Very bright sound. So so happy I bought this horn. Ive been playing weddings for 20 years and this really does the job and travels well! Thanks!!
on March 9, 2017
As many others have reviewed, my trumpet had sticky valves. But I contacted the company and they promptly sent a replacement and return shipping label for the defective instrument. It's a nice piece of equipment, especially for the price!
on February 13, 2017
It doesn't seem to play very well in tune, and is a bit awkward to hold, but it looks great, is super portable, and really fun for casual practicing.
on March 19, 2017
We bought this for our son to use in the high school pep band. He loves it, and we couldn't be happier.
on February 7, 2016
This horn is decent for what you pay for it. The stand is cheap and wobbly so I wouldn't suggest using it. The tuner/metronome works well however and comes with batteries so that's a plus. The horn is a tight fit in the case but the case protects it well. The actual horn doesn't have the best sound but it was still better than I expected. One thing you have to be careful with this horn is the valves. When I ordered the horn, it came while I was in school. Because of this, it was sitting on my front steps for a couple hours so when I brought it inside it was freezing cold. This caused the valves to stick and become very slow. I took the valves out and oiled them with Blue Juice, my preferred valve oil. Getting the valves lined up again inside the horn is VERY difficult. It took me over an hour and a half to get the horn to play again. Also, I would not suggest using the mouthpiece that comes with the horn, as it's a piece of junk.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.