- Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 72 x 0.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B00074W3RM
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- Item model number: 02803
- Average Customer Review: 1,678 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#14,860 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies)
Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
- #100 in Standard Dog Leashes
Mendota Products Dog Slip Lead
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- British-style slip lead is a leash and collar in one convenient design for walking and training.
- Made from a waterproof, vibrant, long lasting and machine washable polypropylene rope.
- Soft on the hands with a “broken in” feel that is easy to use and pliable enough to roll up.
- Adjustable to fit any neck size with the oil-tanned leather snap that controls the collar diameter.
- 1/2-inch lead is handmade in the USA and suitable for dogs weighing 50 to 250 pounds.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Our Best-Selling Leash
- Multifilament braided polypropylene
- Machine washable
- Handmade in the USA
1/2-inch leash is suitable for any dog 50 to 250 pounds. Our 4-foot leash is recommended for aggressive dogs, while the 6-foot leash gives mellow dogs greater leeway.
Designed for Comfort & Convenience
Rope has a broken in feel that is soft on the hands, easy to use and pliable enough to roll up.
Beauty In the Details
Leather splices and brass, satin nickel or black metallic hardware add a beautiful finishing touch.
Uniquely Designed for Walking and Training
A leash and collar all in one, the Mendota Slip Leash is perfect for dogs who don’t wear collars, or for owners who hate fumbling with leash hooks and collar loops.
For years, the British-style slip leash has been used by professional trainers to help dogs learn how to walk properly. Our slip loop design tightens when your dog pulls to help correct improper walking behavior.
How to Use a Mendota Slip Leash
Expand the slip leash to fit around your dog’s neck.
Pull the leash over your dog’s head and adjust the slip around his neck.
Move the leather stop up his neck and leave 2-3 fingers of space so the leash loosens. This keeps your dog from backing out of the leash.
As you walk, you’ll notice the slip tighten to correct your dog’s pulling. This, with a verbal command, will help him learn to properly walk with a leash.
|Mendota Slip Leash||Mendota Snap Leash||Mendota Swivel Slip Leash||Mendota Traffic Leash|
|Main Benefit||All-in-one leash and collar is great for training.||Attaches to collar for walking, exercise or field use.||For dogs that need a little practice staying on course.||When you need to keep your dog close at all times.|
|Sizes||½" x 4’, ½" x 6’, ⅜” x 4’ and ⅜” x 6’||½" x 4’, ½" x 6’, ⅜” x 4’ and ⅜” x 6||⅜” x 6′ and ½” x 6′||½" x 1½’|
Discover the timeless design and lasting quality of the Mendota Products Large Slip Dog Lead. Handcrafted in the USA, this British-style lead is a leash and collar in one convenient design—something that’s been used by professional trainers for years, and is now adapted for walking and training. It’s made from a durable, multi-filament braided rope with a “broken in” feel that is soft on your hands and pliable enough to roll up and put in your pocket. The oil-tanned leather splices and coordinating hardware give the beautiful finishing touch, proving that the best design is found in the simple details.
Size: 1/2" x 6' | Color: Black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?