Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dorfman Pacific Mens Twill Bucket Hat
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on July 26, 2012
Looking for a hat to wear during yard work and long summer days in sun, I came across this one and it seemed like a good match. I found the sizing to be a bit difficult because I used a yard stick...not really. Its just that I actually measured as an Extra Large based on the chart. I have never worn an XL anything, so I chose the large and it is perfect. I am not a hat wearing type of guy, but this one serves the purpose for which it was purchased.
on September 10, 2011
This hat was purchased for an upcoming cruise. The fit is great and the brim is wide enough to protect me from the sun's rays. The hat is packable and can be rolled down enough to fit in your back pocket.
on August 9, 2011
The title says it all. I wear it whenever I'm going to be out in the sun for any long period of time. When doing yard work it keeps the sun and sweat out of your eyes. Awesome!
on June 17, 2014
Fits as expected (w/ a haircut my med., hat-orange is a bit loose, but can be cinched well w/ the strap). Color true to picture, stands out; hat came quickly. Washes & dries well: placed in washing & dryer machines, some shrinkage. Mesh interior.Very, pleased! (Just another note, all hats fit differently, some hats I wear when I get my "cool breeze", haircut & others when my hair grows out a bit, thus so, many hats! Hair type, texture plays a role in fit, I'm African American, so when I get a haircut I notice a difference in hat fit immediately, so I don't blame the hat. Every company cuts there sizes differently, esp., European manufacturers I've noticed. Just a little tidbit that may be helpful). Again, $ well spent.
on July 9, 2012
This hat is made of quality materials and feels good on my head. It looks like it would be easy to pack. I primarily bought it to run near the ocean. Whenever I run in the late morning or afternoon near the ocean I fear getting a sunburn. I tried sunscreen on my head and face last time without a hat and it stung my eyes. This is the answer to that problem. I simply wear it for half of my run and then using the strap let the hat fall behind my head. Don't have to carry it like a cap after I start to overheat and don't have to worry about it losing its shape in the wash. Good stuff.
on February 6, 2014
Purchased as a boat hat. Keeps sun off head, face, and neck. The line helps keep your head cooler. This is the second Dorfman hat I have had. "5" Stars....
VINE VOICEon June 23, 2015
My head circumference is 24", which falls between XL and XXL, closer to XL. I bought the XL, and in retrospect should have gone XXL. It fits OK as long as I don't want to pull it down over my ears, such as in a high wind. I prefer my hats to sit loosely on my head, so this won't be a problem 99% of the time.

The hat itself is very lightweight, in a good way. It feels substantial, especially the brim and hatband areas. the brim hem is double stitched, and there are 8 concentric circles of quilt stitches holding the brim material to its liner The crown is thinner, lined with mesh. I can easily imagine soaking it in water to cool off on a really hot day.

The snaps holding the brim to the side of the crown are also substantial: the female fittings have the internal rods which grab the sides of the male part of the snap. Likewise the rivets lining the vent holes above the snaps are nice and solid.
on March 19, 2015
Well made as far as I can tell. Do measure ur head! I was concerned about being too small and 100% cotton. It doesn't shrink much tho'. Washes well. Really like this hat, true to description and only one I found with dark color under brim (black) with lighter color top (Khaki). The dark under brim is really important to me for sun glare all year round. The "keeperkord" is sewn in on both sides, seems ok but would like it better if it ran thru eyelets and was replaceable. I probably will put about 6 or 8 eyelets around hat at headband level to ventilate more and could be used to lace in a "tighten-up" cord for really windy conditions. I really like this hat basically.
on March 6, 2013
I have bought a couple of boonie hats that are Dorfman-Pacific and decided to check out the bucket. The bucket has a shorter bill, which I like. The color selection was really good insuring that I'll be back to get at least a couple more. The quality seems fine to me. I noticed that several people had problems with this hat (snap falling off, etc.) but I look at it as normal wear and tear. I expect a cloth hat to show some wear from the washing machine, continuously being in the sun and being wadded up in my pocket. Like others, I'd like to wear it out myself, but it's going to happen sooner or later. I paid $50 for a white bucket hat from a different merchant and I can't see that the quality is any better. If you like the pictures of this hat and the colors it comes in, get it. I really like the yellow one I have and will most likely buy orange and putty/navy. The price didn't change my lifestyle, but wearing it does seem to lighten my mood. Money well spent.
on February 20, 2015
Almost everything I love to do involves being in direct sunlight. But in the post-CFC world, the long-term health impact from sun exposure is nearly as dangerous and as irreversible as from smoking.

That said, you still have to strike a balance between sun exposure and looking like a rodeo clown. Zinc oxide face paint and an overpriced REI sombrero might as well be SPF 0, because I won't wear them.

After trying options at both ends of that spectrum, this one does the trick, along with basic sunscreen. You'll look like Gilligan, but I'm seeing more and more of these buckets / boonies out there.