CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
The Mensch on a Bench Hanukkah Decor with Hardcover Book and Removable Bench
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Adding More Funukkah to Hanukkah: the Mensch on a Bench is a NEW Hanukkah Tradition meant to bring families together
- Mensch on a Bench was created by a Jewish father who wanted to teach his sons about the Jewish holiday while adding new traditions to the family
- First came the story of Moshe the Mends hold the Such who helped Judah Maccabee at the temple. Moshe played dreidel, loved gelt, and was a true Mensch. Next came the doll which coulamash candle and watch over the Menorah
- The Mensch on a Bench 12'' doll and book! The new Jewish tradition taking the world by storm!
- The Mensch on the Bench is available as a book and a doll. The book tells the 8 rules of having a Mensch, which are meant to drive more Jewish family traditions and re-enforce the values we want to hand down to our children
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Mensch on a Bench is a new Jewish tradition meant to bring more Funukkah to Hanukkah! Mensch on the Bench tells the story of Moshe the Mensch, who was in the temple with the Maccabees when they won the war against the Greeks. There was only enough oil for one night and everyone was exhausted from the war and wanted to go to sleep. But what if the oil went out while the jews were sleeping. From the back of the temple, Moshe offered to stay up all night and watch the oil. He would sit on the bench all night. Judah called him a Mensch...and a child joked "The Mensch on the Bench" and so the name stuck. The Mensch on the Bench is available as a book and a doll. The book tellsl the 8 rules of having a Mensch, which are meant to drive more jewish family traditions and re-enforce the values we want to hand down to our children. First came the story of Moshe the Mensd hold the Shch who helped Judah Maccabee at the temple. Moshe played dreidel, loved gelt, and was a true Mensch. Next came the doll which coulamash candle and watch over the Menorah.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is such a great concept to have for families with children. We have 2 girls 2 and 6 year old and they both love their Mensch. To my little one it's just another toy but my oldest already knows wonderful story of the Mensch and his role in Chanukah so she treats him differently. Our Mensch is well made, the whole appearance, eyes and smile are very welcoming and pleasing.
PS: they are much cheaper after the holidays. We bought another one for less than $10 in April to avoid our girls fight over it.