Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on October 2, 2016
Have you ever wondered why successful entrepreneurs worth multimillions of dollars bother to write a book to help others? I believe it stems from a strong conviction they sincerely want to help other new entrepreneurs avoid terrible mistakes and offer pragmatic, effective advice so they can succeed as well. They certainly don’t write the books to earn massive royalties because that typically does not happen; true entrepreneurs are a rare breed so there are relatively few buyers for such a book.

Mentored by a Millionaire was written by Steven K. Scott who knows whereof he speaks and had three decades of hard-earned experience and success before writing this book. The old saying, “The teacher will appear when the student is ready” applies for me here. Scott published this book in 2004, but I only discovered it in 2016.

The subtitle of the book is Master Strategies for Super Achievers. This book is, in fact, an expanded text edition of Scotts video series Master Strategies for Super Achievers. This book can very effectively guide and inform you apart from the video program. If you are starting your own business, this book can actually stand in for a real business mentor at least initially.

Getting a mentor is one of the strategies Scott recommends among the fifteen strategies that make up the fifteen chapters. The key takeaways from the book are several. Scott describes the importance of the Vision Mapping Process that goes far beyond simple goal setting and I have found this very helpful and meaningful. Another is the priceless value of partnering; to become a successful entrepreneur, there is strength in limited numbers. Having one to three knowledgeable partners is crucial to business success, Scott states. Business history has proven this, and Scott cites numerous examples.

Mentored by a Millionaire is an essential book for any startup entrepreneur, and even some established entrepreneurs would find Scott's business wisdom helpful to them. I believe this book will take years off your learning curve, and may actually boost your odds of succeeding, which is what you want to do.
on November 14, 2014
What a POWERFUL, motivating book! My first time through it, I simply read it, highlighted tons of stuff - but did NOT do the exercises. Then I went back and started on goal setting, and OMG - I was directed to somebody who I am now working with, and am seeing MASSIVE changes in both my personal and professional life.

I've been struggling with self esteem issues my whole life. A few years ago, I found myself under psychological attack from family members, which ravaged my self esteem. Now I'm working with a coach who's helping me to turn that around, and who will help me rebuild my business and my life. I knew he was out there, I had a casual relationship with him, but hadn't thought to bring him on in a professional manner... until I went thru the exercises (SOME of the exercises!) in this book.

If you read only ONE book in your ENTIRE LIFE, read this one. You will not regret it, especially if you are looking for a way to make your life or your business "better".

I would give this a hundred stars if they were available. I give this book my ABSOLUTE highest recommendation.
on November 14, 2015
Great information! A wonderful step-by-step process to finding success and reaching your dreams (including making lots of money if your dream is a job that typically pays a lot). Everything makes sense and he doesn't condescend. Also, a nice 3 step process to improving your sales writing (copywriting) is included. BUT, Steven Scott isn't the best writer, talks too much, and uses a metaphor throughout the book that falls flat for me, that would've greatly benefitted with a more vague/widely applicable metaphor, with fewer words to describe the journey. Still, 5 stars for being a book of substance.
on February 3, 2013
I wish I'd read this book years ago.

some very solid strategies that if you incorporate them in your life I'm sure will help anybody else to be successful .

Utilizing the strategies enabled the author to create a company that was extremely successful.(American telecast) It's one of the only books that talks about the benefits of partnerships. sure most people have mixed feelings about partnerships and that's only because no one ever teaches you how to find partners.

the strategies were based on what was listed in Proverbs and hone down to about 20 really useful strategies that anybody would benefit to know, whether in business or in your personal life.

I'm in a business group wwith the number of people starting up businesses and we are currently going through the book chapter by chapter as part of our get-togethers. I've seen the authors speak and any shared that every time he stopped using the principles that his life would go sideways. He has some amazing stories and it's worth a visit to his website StephenKScott.com. these guys were the king of the infomercials and it seems he knows just what everybody.
on August 30, 2008
When you break it down, this book (like many other motivational guides) states the obvious. These writers don't tell you anything you didn't already know for yourself.

- You need to work hard and consistently to succeed.
- You need a support group to keep you motivated and to ease the burden of the harder tasks.
- Finally, but most importantly. You need to think happy thoughts. Don't say or think anything negative about yourself or your goals, to yourself or anyone you talk to about it.

Wait. Did i just distill the book down into three sentences? Seriously, I was impressed with the way this writer managed to take the obvious and make it seem new and fresh and I've started to see results in my own day to day life. Goals are being met, I'm making new and very powerful friends that I would never have met had I not followed the obvious principles set forth so elegantly in this book.

Highly recommended.
on May 31, 2017
I love this book. Clear and concise steps to accomplish anything you want in life! Highly recommend this book.
on February 22, 2016
I can't wait to get started implementing Steven Scott's ideas. I have reached a lengthy plateau and am ready to "Reach for the stars".
on February 2, 2017
I rather his other book, solomon the richest man who ever lived.
on August 15, 2016
There were a couple of good tips I got from this book but the rest seems to be fluff.
on December 31, 2016
Thanks for sharing from your experience!