Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Meprolight Glock Tru-Dot Night Sight for 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W . 45 GAP. Fixed Set. Green Rear Sight with Green Front Sight
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on March 10, 2016
Finally got this installed on my Glock 19 and it does look sharp! I did not install it myself and I just paid 25 bucks for a local Glock trained dealer to put them on. I watched Youtube videos and I didn't want to risk banging up the gun so, whatever! The sights look freaking great in the dark! Very bright yellow back green front. So you may ask why do I give 4/5 stars? Well before I bought these sights I researched them hard core read a ton of reviews and asked a couple questions via Amazon and I couldn't really get a great answer. First off the picture/pictures on the page here are very misleading! When you bring up these sights on the main page they do not look all fluorescent green like that. I attached some photos that will show you exactly how they look in daylight and darkness. Secondly, I asked the question via Amazon questions if the sights were green on green or green on yellow and got a mixture of reviews then I got an answer from the seller that they were green on yellow which is what they are. So I don't know if the people who answered green on green are color blind or if they got a different product but they are definitely green on yellow. So I really don't like when a description isn't what it looks like in person. But these are still great sights and that's why I gave 4/5 stars change the picture and at least show customers both night and day of what it looks like.
review image review image review image
on May 15, 2013
These are great, I have em on my G19 and have for about a year now. They look great at night, not too bright to the point where you lose your target but not to dim that you don't know where the heck you're shooting. Definitely the #1 choice for someone who's looking for night sights on their handgun. My 2 cents...
on June 8, 2012
These meprolight sights are great. The one thing that I like about them over trijicons (which i also have) is that the tritium vials/white paint have a resin fill over them. This keeps your vials protected, and the white paint stays white and sharp.

Green front sight was bright and crisp easily visible in the dark and low/moderate light conditions, the orange rear however, was pretty dim by comparison and only really visible in the dark. I was a little disappointed. If I could order again I'd go with the green/green which would be an easy 5 stars.

Thanks for reading, I hope this helps with your decision.
44 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2013
Short answer: go with Meprolight.

Long answer:
I was using Trijicon GL01 tritium sights on 3 of my Glocks (G17, G19, G26) for 2 years. Actually, I have used them for just under 1 year, then I got tired of the white painted rings being gone, I fixed them under warranty (they painted white rings). I used Trijicon another year and then I got tired of Trijicon white paint coming off and replaced them with these Meprolight sight.

The reasons the Trijicon paint is going away:
- cheap white paint, not well designed to withstand CLP and shooting environment
- no round "lense" covers like Meprolight has on their sights

Trijicon, why are you using such a cheap white paint in your $100 sights? Answer, please. I will not buy GL01 sights again.
Meprolight, thank you for covering sights with round glass inserts. This helps.

I am using Meprolight sights for 2 months now. Have no complaints so far. Sure better than shooting with no rings on Trijicons, LOL.
55 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2011
I live in a very wooded neighborhood and take frequent walks after dark - both alone and with my girl. Because of this, I needed a decent pair of night-sights for my Glock 21. Not to sound too cliche, but, these did not disappoint. For aesthetic purposes, I got the green rear/front sights, and they look amazing.

Now, in case you were wondering (because I know I was), the sights glow as a result of radioactive Tritium (in gaseous form) contained within the 3 small vials that make up the front and rear sights. This is the same substance used in many glow-in-the-dark watches, as well as various illuminated signs and paints. With this being the case, the sights are always glowing - whether it's day or night - and will continue to do so for years. The half-life of Tritium is 14 years; meaning that 14 years after the manufacturing of your sights, they will only be half as bright as they were when they were made. However, after some research into the topic, I'm lead to understand (through a single, perhaps unreliable source) that you will notice at least SOME loss of illumination 5 or 6 years after installing the sights onto your gun. Again, I cannot determine the validity of this source, but either way, you will get many years of use out of these sights.

Installing the sights was fairly difficult for me; mainly because I do not have any proper gun-tools, so I was pretty much limited to your basic toolbox accessories. The front sight was quite simple, but the rear sight took the greater part of an hour to install. However, this is most likely because the rear sight must be tapped (hard) into place, and I was naturally a bit irked about going at my Glock with a hammer. It also didn't help that I knew that the sights contained a radioactive element (one which - I did not know at the time - is basically harmless), so I "tapped" when I should have been "hammering". Bear in mind, though, that the sights are made of very strong steel and are very tough. After I realized this, it became much easier to pound the sight into place. The point being; don't be shy about getting the rear sight on. It can take a beating. The real issue comes from the patience it takes to center it on the weapon.

All in all, they're very good sights. They illuminate very well in the dark, and they make the gun look better than it did with factory-sights, in my opinion. Highly recommended.
55 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2015
Got these via an Amazon Warehouse deal and like everything else I've ordered via that program they were perfect. Super bright, not scratched and never installed. I've owned these and the trijicon hd sights for quite a while and these are every bit as good for less money. Great sights. Recommended.
on November 24, 2015
Love this product. Works great in the dark. As advertised, nothing more, nothing less. I have it on my Glock 17 Gen 4.

I do recommend you take this to someone who knows what they're doing for installation. The front sight is a piece of cake with the recommended tool listed somewhere on this page. The rear sight, however, was a huuuuuuge pain in the butt to remove (the old sight) and install the new one. Spent several hours trying to perfect the install and I eventually was successful using a hammer and some other things I had laying around the house. If I had to do it again, I'd just take it to a gunsmith.
on May 28, 2011
These are excellent sights for a Glock (preferred over the stock plastic sights and a more expensive set of two-dot night sights). These are steel, are very precisely machined, and are easy to install with a vise, a small nut driver tool and some loctite (instructions for doing so are widely available on the Internet).

They are much brighter than other sights I've seen, so bright that their glow is quite visible in dim light, not just full darkness.

In addition, because the rear sight just sticks straight up from the slide, it can be hooked on a belt or other surface to retract the slide one-handed in an emergency, something that most sloped rear sights cannot do. Without this it would be almost impossible to operate the slide one-handed if a hand or arm was injured.
on June 7, 2013
I ordered the green front with the orange rear just for the different contrasts.I like the sights but the orange rear isn't as bright as the green front.I ordered the all green sights for my Glock 19.I really like that setup better since they are all nice and bright during the dark and easy to use during the day.All green is a much better setup.
on December 23, 2015
Be prepared not as pictured really wanted the green outline like picture shows when purchase not same as when you get sight