- Clip this coupon to save 10% on this product when you buy from Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Block..." and save 75% off the $370.79 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Block Set, Tempered Glass Block
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ergonomic Santoprene handle offers superior comfort and a non-slip grip, even with wet hands. Will not break down from exposure to kitchen oils and is able to withstand hot and cold temperatures
- High carbon, no-stain German X50 Cr Mo V15 cutlery steel resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration
- Precision forged construction for better strength and durability with a full tang that runs the entire length of the handle for superior balance
- Taper-ground edge allows for added stability, easy honing, long lasting sharpness, and increased efficiency when cutting and chopping
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- This toy is a marble. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- This toy is a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Toy contains a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
These precision balanced, weighted knife sets will not slide or move if bumped or tipped.
Precision forged German steel knives.
High carbon, non-staining German steel resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration. Forged knives are made from a single piece of steel that is strengthened by rearranging its molecular structure through heat. The result is a cutting edge that stays sharp longer and is easier to maintain.
Find the right knife quickly and easily.
Glass see-through windows makes it easy to find the right knife. Santoprene non-slip knife handles offer superior grip whether hands are wet or dry. Santoprene won't break down when exposed to oil and withstands all temperatures. Each knife has a bolster for more strength and balance, resulting in better handling, and protection for fingers. Remove knives by pulling straight up.
NSF certified knives.
NSF is a global provider of public health and safety-based risk management solutions. It's a highly respected independent organization that has rigorously tested and certified that Mercer Genesis knives have met their standard for safety, quality, and performance.
Excellent Quality and Value
Having a good knife makes food prep a joy. These Genesis knife sets are great for smaller kitchens, or for chef's who want to upgrade to professional grade quality. The precision craftsmanship of these knives will bring years of enjoyment to any kitchen.
A brand you can trust.
Mercer is synonymous with high quality professional cutlery. A leader in the food industry for more than thirty years and the predominant supplier to more than 90% of culinary academies in North America, Mercer manufactures a wide variety of precision culinary tools that are crafted to exceed the demands of professional chefs. Exceptional quality materials, unique design, and dedicated craftsmanship makes Mercer the first choice for kitchen professionals and food enthusiasts.
Six-piece set includes:
- 8” Chef Knife
- 8” Bread Knife
- 6” Boning Knife
- 5” Utility Knife
- 3.5” Paring Knife
- Knife Holder
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Everware Inc.||Cutlery and More||Anthony Ramirez||Appertronics|
|Item Dimensions||4 x 10 x 15 in||4.38 x 13.12 x 15 in||3 x 13.5 x 10 in||—||5 x 13 x 13 in||9.25 x 17.38 x 6 in|
|Material Type||Steel||Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Steel||Steel|
|Size||6 Piece||6 Piece||13.5x3x10 Inch||7 Piece||7 Piece||8 Pc Fibrox|
The best handle in forged cutlery. A perfect blend of modern technology and finely crafted German steel.
A supplier to the vast majority of cooking academies, Mercer Cutlery offers the Genesis Collection of kitchen knives to provide professional quality to the home chef. Comfortable, durable, and efficient, Genesis knives feature fully forged, single-piece blades made from high-carbon, no-stain German steel. Their taper-grind edges are polished by hand, and their substantial bolsters provide helpful balance. Black nonslip Santoprene handles make Genesis knives comfortable and secure in the grip, improving efficiency and safety in the kitchen.
A handsome collection with a modern look, this 6-piece set includes five of the most popular Genesis knives and a striking tempered glass knife block. Designed to stand upright on the counter, the block holds the 3-1/2-inch paring, 5-inch utility, 8-inch chef's, 8-inch bread, and 6-inch boning knives. The knives are displayed as visibly as they would be on a magnetic strip but without exposed blades. All knives in this set are made in Taiwan using European components and technology. They should be washed by hand for best results and carries Mercer's one-year warranty. --Emily Bedard
What's in the Box
6-piece set includes five of the most popular Genesis knives and a tempered glass storage block. Knives included are: 3-1/2-inch paring, 5-inch utility, 8-inch chef's, 8-inch bread, and 6-inch boning knife. 6 items total.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is what you have to be careful of, however:
1. They measure MORE than 14" in height, when measuring the set from bottom of stand to top of knife handle (see pics 1-2)
2. If you have low cupboards like me, you cannot remove the knives with one hand, you'll have to tilt the stand with one hand while grabbing the knife with the other
3. Same as above to put knife back in
Take a look at the knives with the comparison against the height of a roll of paper towels and my Wusthof set, the standard wooden block that allows you to pull the knives out at an angle, thus requiring only one hand.
1. The handles are very grippy, just awesome
2. The set looks fantastic and draws a lot of attention
3. No rust on the metal yet
4. Stand is easy to clean, as long as you don't put wet knives in, which will cloud the inside of the glass
Thanks for reading my review.
I prefer all of my stuff be dishwasher safe but it really takes a second to clean these off under some warm water and even with a paper towel and some soap of course. They've held up well now for me for months and am very happy with my purchase. I highly recommend them if your sick of dealing with dull knives. For steak knife I just buy them and put them in a drawer and when they dull I just replace them.
Fast forward 18 years and I see both this set and one of those wood-block sets on Amazon. I see the $125 price for these knives, including the display piece, and know that for Mercer quality craftmanship I am getting a much better deal than one of those $75 wood block sets.
The knives arive at home and I test them out over the next few dinners. All 5 knives perform above and beyond my expectations and I each day I seem to appreciate the display piece more and more.
They say the sharper a knife the less dangerous the knife and I would tend to agree - which is why I recommend this set.
- knives are very sharp and steal is thick
- handle is made of non-slip material and it is well balanced
- the glass box is well made and it doesn't need much space
- when I wash knives and leave them to dry, some spots will appear. To prevent this to happen I have to wipe them after washing. I found that this happens to all my stainless steel dishes no matter of a brand.
In general after a few days from the first use I'm really satisfied. I will update this review if something will change over time.