- File Size: 2358 KB
- Print Length: 73 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: A Blonde and a Prayer Books (January 30, 2014)
- Publication Date: January 30, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00I6MYBSG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#75,662 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #17 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Short Stories
- #123 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Women's Fiction
- #129 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Inspirational
For Mercie's Sake: an inspirational women's fiction novella (The Mercie series Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 73 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to For Mercie's Sake: an inspirational women's fiction novella (The Mercie series Book 1)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Diana Kensingston’s husband recently died in a plane crash, and they’d never been able to have children. Her grief consumes her, and she finds herself turning bitter. When Scottlyn is transferred to her history class, Diana is judgmental at first. However, as she sees how hard Scottlyn is trying to do the right thing and how much she has working against her, her heart goes out. Is God leading her down paths she never expected?
I found only two minor errors. “Summersault” was used for “somersault” and “is” for “it.“ This is a wonderful book full of heart and emotions. It’s short, but there’s more of Diana and Scottlyn’s story to come in the other books in the series, so you'll need to have the next two to finish, but I knew that to start with
Scottlyn Rich is a 16 year old girl who is pregnant resulting from a rape and disowned by her father.
Now living in a home for unwed pregnant mothers and attending a new school, Scottlyn is attempting to move on to make a life for her and her daughter, Mercie.
Diana Kensington's husband died in a plane crash over a year ago and is still waiting for God to answer her prayer, “what now, God?”. She is a high school teacher at Eden Heights Christian Academy and loved her job before her husband's death. When Scottlyn joins her classroom, Diana is at first shocked and judgmental. But after learning the facts about Scottlyn's circumstances, she is filled with compassion and finds she wants to help her young student in whatever way she can. Her prayer is now how to help this young girl. God speaks to Diana's heart and when she takes a step of faith and follows His leading remarkable things happen. In helping Scottlyn, she ultimately begins to heal from her own grief.
God has a plan for these two women that neither of them even could have guessed at. They learn to lean on each other as well as on God. In this short novella we see redemption, compassion, healing, love, God's leading.
~~I received an e-book copy of this book from BookFunNetwork for my review~~
~~~Review posted on Bookfunnetwork, DeeperShopping, Barnes and Noble and Amazon~~~
B. J. Robinson, Author of River Oaks Plantation and First Priority: A Short Story
My favorite characters that Srock introduces us to is Diana. She's a widowed Christian school teacher who can't get past the grief of losing her beloved husband in a plane crash. Her life is counting the days since he walked out the door for a quick trip away from her. That heartbreak has taken over her every breathing moment...she could hardly eat, let alone sleep with out the thought of missing her beloved. As a teacher in a Christian School she is shocked when the principal brings in a new student that is merely sixteen years old and five months pregnant. After years of being unable to have children with her husband and now with no husband to even dream that dream with...she sees this girl in her class and judges her before hearing anything about the circumstances. Suddenly when Diana does find the cause...rape...for sweet Scottlyn's pregnancy AND the fact that her father wanted her to dispose of the baby before giving it a chance at life AND because Scottlyn would not abort her baby, he tossed her out of his home without another thought. Can Diana find it in herself to get past the deep grief she has for the loss of her husband and find a way to help and support this teen with so much upon her and no where to go? Can she share with her the only hope that anyone needs...Jesus dying on the cross for her sins and rising again to give even Scottlyn the opportunity to have hope? Can this all happen for Mercies Sake? A wonderful read full of hope and promise!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Christian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Religious
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Short Stories