Merino Kids of New Zealand invented the merino baby sleep bag and is recognized with design awards and patents for its innovation.
Why Merino Kids is the world's best baby sleep bag:
- Made from luxuriously soft Woolmark-certified Superfine Merino. Expertly stitched by master tailors in India.
- GOTS-certified organic combed cotton outer layer gives extra durability for years of use. Machine washable.
- Naturally fire-resistant. Rated low fire risk without fireproofing chemicals.
- Fits growing child safely and comfortably for up to two years. Excellent value compared to other sleep bags that last only a few months.
- Remarkable natural ability to regulate body temperature. Captures and circulates air to insulate child when the room temperature falls, and releases excess body heat and moisture as the room temperature rises. Child stays warm and dry without overheating.
- Recommended by textile scientists. A 2010 scientific study concluded infants are less likely to overheat or to become damp and chilled in a Merino Kids sleep bag compared with polar fleece sleep bags.
- Meets all U.S. and international safety standards including UK BSI sleep bag safety certification. Child has freedom to move and room to grow, yet can't slip underneath or wriggle out and wake uncovered and cold. Contoured bodice stays clear of face.
- Awarded the prestigious global iF Seal of Outstanding Design Quality. Unzips from the bottom for quick diaper changes and opens flat for easy dressing. Zipper is sewn inside lining and enclosed in a special fabric zipper guard to protect child's skin. Opens at one shoulder only, won't 'pop open' when child stands.
- Patented safety belt aperture enables child to wear their sleep bag in car seat and stroller. An essential innovation for busy parents, unique to Merino Kids.
Also available: toddler size 2-4 years, winter-weight for cooler rooms, and limited editions.