Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 249 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 264 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 2, 2015
The 11.5 fit as expected. I'm usually 11-11.5 and the 11.5 are great. Super fast shipping. I ordered these in a Saturday and got them the next day on Sunday (I have prime 2 day free shipping) very comfortable and easy to slide on and off with laces untied. I hiked 2 times about 2 miles in these through 2-6 inches of snow and these were great with a sock liner and a thick wool sock. No issues with water leaking through at all but I'm not stomping through puddles. My friend is a 11.5 normally and tried these on and has ordered the same pair, but a different color. I can't really think of anything I don't like about these boot. Super comfy and feel good. I would def. recommend these. Pictures were taken after both of the snow hikes. Still looking good. Will update if my opinion of these change.
review image review image review image review image review image
on October 18, 2015
I don't write many reviews, but I read as many as I can before I buy. I knew I had to write a review on these boots. I got these boots today and here is my initial assessment. I've always been an avid pedestrian, and took that ability for granted. About 6 months ago, I was walking and felt my right arch stretch and immediately felt pain in the arch area and on the top of my foot. I sorta limped back to my office. I was wearing a pair of Columbia boots that had a stiff footbed and cotton socks. My foot just killed me for several days after. After the initial pain and soreness subsided (a week or so) I tried to start my walking regimen again to no avail. My right foot continued to be very painful even though I tried several different brands of shoes or boots that I own. I wore Keens, Eccos, Borns, and Columbia. Don't get me wrong, all these brands are great and I have worn them for years, but I could not shake the pain in my right foot after a few hours on my feet. I walk at work, but not all day, and also enjoy that stroll on an improved trail on the weekends. I bought a pair of arch supports and used them on every pair of shoes or boots I put on. On some brands they worked well enough to prolong my pain long enough that I didn't have to sit down and rest my foot. I was getting desparate when I stumbled across these Merrells and read the reviews. I thought, "What the heck. Might as well give them a try." I put them on and they fit like a glove. Plenty of toe room, like my Keen's, and support in the arch area. The heel drop is just enough to provide the right amount of arch support for me to wear without adding my arch supports. Wearing them around the house has not resulted in any arch pain and they are light enough to be super comfortable. Granted, I haven't hit the trail yet, but they feel really good! I'll update my review after a few weeks and more miles. Until then, I can only say the design, fit, and look is worth the money and I do recommend them for anyone looking for a light and super comfortable boot. (BTW, I also bought a pair of the trail shoes in a different color to see if they are as comfortable and supportive). I'm about 6 feet tall and weigh 200 pounds and in my 60's, so I need all the help I can get. Thanks, Merrell and Amazon!

Update: I've worn these for a week now and can say these are the most comfortable boots I've owned. They continue to fit like a glove and offer the arch support I need. No arch pain and very light. Love 'em!
on January 13, 2015
They are lightweight, comfortable and a kind of an all season sneaker/boots, they were supposed to be water proof but as you can read in other reviews, they can get wet with light rains on the toe area so that can develop an odor problem. The Vibram sole is perfect for outdoors.

After 5 months of use (including a 5 mile hiking) they still fine but the right toe (Picture) starts to ripping apart a little (hope it stops)
review image
on July 16, 2014
These are great day hikers. I have not had the smell issue one previous reviewer mentioned, but I am not usually prone to smelly feet--we all carry different biological flora. Only reason I did not give a 5 star is they are lightweight(in many cases a plus) but would not be best for true backpacking carrying a load. They would not provide enough support. For light hiking(overnight with light pack or minimal terrain) or day hiking these are excellent!
Update 7/2014: Just returned from Iceland where I wore these boots daily for 8 days of day hikes. They stood up to serious moisture, bogs, and complete immersion in mud(wish I could upload a photo of them after a hike in Hveragerði) yet kept my feet dry. They were also extremely comfortable and stood up to the beating of hiking on and around lava rock. I saw a reviewer complain that these were missing insoles. They are not missing, they do not have removable insoles. The support is built into the footbed. So unless you have very high arches and are in need of arch support these boots will be fine for you. If you happen to be one of the people with high arches that does need arch orthotics, then you would probably throw away any insert that would come standard with a shoe/boot and add your own orthotic. So either way the design of the boot should work for you.
on November 27, 2016
Ultimately, I returned these boots. I sized up a half size from 11 to 11.5, and even at that, these boots were uncomfortable around the top of the foot, and there was a tightness in the mid foot area. I do not have a wide foot. I ultimately chose a pair of Vasque's, also in size 11.5 and they were much more comfortable from the outset. I really liked the look of the Merrell's but the feel was not even comparable to Vasque. If they fit your foot, it's a solid feeling boot.
on January 26, 2016
Spent 2 weeks hiking in Patagonia in El Chalten, Antarctica and Torres del Paine doing between 7 and 17 miles on day hikes. I really liked these boots previously while breaking them in hiking and walking around the flat land of Wisconsin but the hills and elevation was a different story. Maybe the shoes have too much of a "drop" (with the vibram marketing / branding I assumed they wouldn't) or I wasn't in good enough shape but doing any prolonged descent caused pretty bad knee pain while wearing these hiking boots. After 4 days of knee pain I switched to regular running shoes and the knee pain went away.

These boots are very comfortable, warm and waterproof though and I would recommend them if they are "anatomically correct" for your hiking / walking style. Make sure to try them out on prolonged descents before trusting them to long full day hikes.
on November 24, 2015
Absolutely love these hiking boots. They're light and comfortable and kept my feet dry on my most recent hikes through Hawaii jungles and Lake Tahoe mountains. They needed almost no break in. I wore them around for a day before using them on a hike but noticed very little stiffness or discomfort on day one. I then used them for a day hike of jungle switchbacks going through a few gulfs at the northern end of the Big Island of Hawaii. They worked like a charm and was so glad I had purchased them. My footing was firm and they provided great ankle support. These are my favorite hiking shoes to date. The hike was only 6 miles but it took a good portion of the day due to the elevation climb and decent of the trail. At the end of the day I was tired but my feet didn't hurt. I also used them over a'a' lava one a few short hikes on the Kona side of the island including a 6 mile hike mostly through sand and dirt to green sand beach on the other end of the island. They worked fabulously in this terrain.
Lastly I used these boots in Lake Tahoe where I wore these all day long. Only part of the day involved hiking through the forest and playing a 27 hole round of disc golf at Bijou. They went over rock, ice, dirt, weeds, asphalt, wood floors, and snow all very comfortably, keeping my feet warm and dry. My feet were sore after this day was over but a large portion of the time was spent sitting in a car and in cabin when I would have rather been wearing slippers or something more comfortable. Add to that elevation climb and freezing cold temperatures and my whole body was wigging out. During use they felt great and I'm confident wearing any of my other shoes would have resulted in my feet feeling even worse.
I've yet to experience going through water any deeper than a puddle so I'm not going to make a claim like "Walked through the river and my feet stayed dry" and honestly I doubt they would. These aren't really meant for water sports, but they've handled hard rain and snow just fine.
My first impressions with these Merrel hiking boots is that I really like them. I'm very impressed with the boot and will consider purchasing Merrel again when these give out depending on what kind of longevity I can get out of them. I'll update in the future as I start to notice significant wear and tear.
on September 13, 2016
Good shoes. My son can wear them hiking and doing all the things he does when he is camping with the Boy Scouts. He's had them for quite a while now and they are holding up very well. They still look almost new. Even with him wearing them camping and hiking. I would recommend them.
on May 2, 2016
I discovered Merrell buying a pair of sandals at a high end shoe shop in St Augustine. They claimed that the design forced me to have better posture and would contribute to a reduction in back pain. It proved true in a very big way so I gave the boots a try. I always wear boots all day every day so my first pair of Merrell dramatically improved my quality of life a ton. These are no exception. The quality of Merrell boots is extreme - at least far as comfort, weight and versatility is concerned. I'd like them to last for more than just a year but I have a feeling that to do that I'd have to stop wearing them every day. I can hike the Appalachian trail for days on end in these, walk 8 miles from NTB to my house while they take all day to do the tires on my car or sit at a desk and write code they're awesome and comfortable and I am so addicted that the thought of wearing anything else makes me feel ill.
on October 31, 2015
First time I ever had a boot fit so well right out of the box. Bought these for a 10 day hiking trip in Iceland. I have worn them daily ever since. Excellent fit and function. No break-in time required. Lightweight and durable. All day comfort with excellent traction. Pair with a quality lightweight hiking sock and your set whether you're going hiking or going to town. I am so impressed with this product that I currently have Merrell Men's Terra Turf Shoe in my shopping cart.

Update: I have owned these shoes for 8 months now. They have taken me hiking across rough lava, glaciers and streams in Iceland, hiking the Blue Mountains in Jamaica and I wore them exclusively thru a wild Wisconsin winter. They remain an absolute pleasure to wear and are still in fabulous shape. They are still waterproof. I now will put them away for the summer as they will track in to much garden dirt and driveway gravel. So far they have served me well.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.