Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Size: 13 D(M) US|Color: Gunsmoke|Change

Showing 1-10 of 3,567 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,708 reviews
on February 9, 2013
there are TWO DIFFERENT shoes here... EDIT: since I wrote this review, they split the Jungle Mocs and related models up into a bunch of listings... look carefully at the sole for the specific color you want to make sure you are getting the oval nubs

the standard Jungle Moc has been around about 20 years... it has oval nubs on the sole and the sole rolls farther up on the toe.... when you select (as of this writing) Taupe, Midnight, Gunsmoke, Dark Earth, Fudge, Gunsmoke Brown, or Nubuck you see that sole... this is BY FAR the better shoe... overall better fit, construction, the sole rolls a little better, and the weight and size of the sole is much smaller

I have a 20 year old Taupe with oval nubs, and just bought a new pair and they are exactly alike in construction and size.... perfect shoe.

the second type has been around about 5 years, it's the criss cross pattern on the sole and doesn't roll up the toe as much.... the Brown, Black, and Merrell Sand colors are this type.... this one is not nearly as good as the other design.... it tends to run much larger than size, the softer sole wears out much quicker, it wallows out and gets bigger over time, it's more flat footed and not as comfortable... it is not nearly as good a shoe.....

the original jungle moc is hands down the best casual but fairly dressy looking shoe in existence... if you have any sort of foot problem and buy it the right size, it's a miracle... it doesn't wallow out and change size over time, it stays dry in slush etc, it cleans easily... ..... it holds up forever and I have a 20 year old pair I still use around the house and yard.

enjoy... but buy the right one...
2222 comments| 486 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2015
I work on trucks and do metal fabrication for a living and I have a really difficult time finding shoes for wearing in my shop. It seems the choices are either leather work boots that are heavy and have flat soles and kill your feet after a few hours, or comfy walking/running shoes that are made from synthetic materials that melt or catch fire when exposed to welding sparks. Generally I have to choose between having soles that hurt from the shoes, or pain from burns on the top of my feet.

I know these shoes aren't marketed as any kind of work shoe, but they are leather, and with no laces or gaps they work very well for keeping the sparks out. Better yet they are comfortable, really comfortable. Usually a new pair of shoes needs a little time to break in, but I put these on when they arrived and have worn them every day since ( about 2 weeks) and haven't thought about my feet once, and that is exactly how it should be. I kinda feel a little bad that they are such nice looking shoes and I know I'm going to ruin them in the shop, but it's totally worth it for comfy shoes that don't catch fire.

One note, before ordering these I ordered the pro-grip professional version which has a different non-slip sole on them. When I tried them on I instantly put them back in the box because they were about a half size too big. After reading some reviews I found that the pro grip version runs big so I ordered these in the same size and they fit perfectly. I don't need the non-slip sole so these are perfect for me. I only wore the others for a couple minutes so I cant comment any more on them.

UPDATE 6-28-16. I've now had these shoes just over a year and though they are starting to show their age, they are still doing great. The soles are still intact, though starting to get a bit worn and the rubber piece that goes up the toe is starting to peel off. The elastic is getting a little stretched, and the insoles are pretty well done, BUT I've been wearing them pretty much every day in my workshop which is a pretty abusive environment. They have held up far better than any other shoe I've tried, about 4 times better so far, as I normally only get 3-4 months out of a pair of shop shoes. I was thinking about replacing them soon, but I think I'm just gonna get some new insoles and see how long they last. I loved these shoes when I got them, and I'm even more impressed a year later.
review image review image
on February 14, 2017
i was leary of slip-ons as past experienced suggested that they might not "work" for my feet and would either be uncomfortably tight or perhaps would have too much slop in the heel. these jungle mocs, however, fit my feet great and are very comfortable. the stretchy part (roughly where laces would normally go) is neither too tight nor too loose. the insides are lined with soft padding, but (importantly) the lining never bunches up or creates folds. they're about as comfortable as slippers, but with the sturdy footbed and support i associate with a light hiking shoe. i find i can slip into these shoes quickly and easily by just stepping into them, yet they never seem to fall off my feet. i'm a long time wearer or Merrells (until now, always lace-ups) but had recently tried Keen for my everyday shoes. now am reminded again of why i like Merrells so much: excellent breathability (my feet sweat in these some, but not too much and they don't stink), excellent support, excellent comfort.

regarding sizing: i have a slightly wide forefoot and slightly narrow heel. based partly on past experience, i had assumed i might have problems with slip-ons because they lack the ability that laces provide to be cinched up at the top to draw tight around the back of the shoe and hold the heel in place and to provide adjustability so the toe box and arch is not too tight for me. i tried the standard width and they work great for me.
Classic Merrell styling, comfort and quality.

Fit: I normally wear a Size 8 - 8.5 shoe depending on the brand. Merrell shoes tend to fit 1/2 size larger than some other brands. I wear an 8.5 shoe in Nike for example but wear a size 8 in Merrell's. I purchased a Size 8 Jungle Moc and it fit perfectly I own other Merrell shoes that are size 8 and this Moc fit the same as my other Merrell's so it you have other Merrell shoes order the same size for this one. As far as width is concerned this shoe is average or medium width.

Comfort: The elastic side panels make it easy to get your foot in and out of the Moc and hold your foot snuggly in place once inside. The footbed is made of a EVA foam which provides just the right amount of rigidity and cushioning. The arch support is good and the sole is covered in a dual density rubber which provides adequate grip in both dry and wet conditions.

Styling: The best way to describe the look of these shoes is Classy Casual. The slip on style absent of laces makes this shoe look more like a dress shoe than a running shoe. The suede leather upper give the Jungle Moc a softer, more casual appearance which looks great with a pair of shorts or khaki pants.

It your want a great looking, well made, comfortable Slip-On shoe I highly recommend this Merrel Jungle Moc.
on May 22, 2017
The first two months I wore this shoe I rolled my ankle at least a dozen times, to the tune of 2-3 times a week. After those two months, I learned to put my weight on the inside of the shoe, where I've had less problems, other than it is ridiculous to have to walk with my weight purely on the inside of my feet (very unnatural). The problem lies in the balance of the shoe (or shape of the sole). Once your foot is angled outwards at over 25-30 degrees, putting weight down on the center of gravity of the shoe will result in the shoe twisting your ankle. For perspective, this is your foot being raised less than 1/3 of the way up, which is common on hilly terrain or uneven sidewalks.

The five star reviews really had me sold, but after rolling my ankle an uncountable number of times, I'm thoroughly done with this shoe. How it garners as many 5 star reviews is beyond me, but if you did buy it already, return it asap, your ankles will thank you forever.
on January 3, 2015
First, I will confess, I'm biased! This is my THIRD set of Merrell Mocs! First set simply wore down. Second set, after wearing them for a while, my wife took it upon herself to dispose of them without telling me! LOL So, now I'm on my third set.

The Merrell Mocs are very comfortable. Easy to slide your feet in and out of. More importantly they look great on your feet. No matter if you're wearing shorts, khakis, or jeans. There is great arch support in them and traction built in for hiking on trails is appreciated and needed. The built-in cushion is great for just walking in the city on the concrete pavement. Great all-around, multi-purpose shoes!

PROS: Quality built, Manufacturer's reputation, cushioned in-sole, great traction on bottom of shoes
CONS: None noted.
on May 4, 2017
As I'm about to turn 50, I figured it was time to give up the sneakers at work and get some 'adult shoes'. These look good enough to pass as dress shoes but are still as comfy as sneakers but with much more support when walking and standing.
Depending on the day I'll either wear these or my Skechers USA Men's Braver Rayland Slip-On Loafer, Dark Brown Leather, 10.5 M US, which are also super comfy but with a bit less support for standing for long periods of time, which is a fair trade off for the almost weightless feel of the Sketchers.
The build quality of the Merrells is far superior and it looks like I'll still be wearing the same pair when I turn 60.
on September 11, 2016
I've been wearing these for years and left my last pair up in the woods, where I wore them before putting on my work boots, and stepped in a cow patty with them, and put them beside the truck while I worked, waiting for a cleaning they never got because I drove off without them. I'ts been a month now and I really can't do without them. You can get them wet or dirty and clean them with just about any kind of brush (just don't get oil on them) and you can wear them all day long. I wore them everywhere, traveling 5 days a week in the air, where space is a premium, and they were the only shoes I needed for any occasion. I love them!
on July 1, 2015
I love these shoes. I'm not big into shoes or anything, so I typically don't spend much. But after going through several pairs of similar style, but cheap brand, shoes, my uncle suggested checking out Merrell.

I was hesitant, but I'm sure glad I did it. I've been wearing these as day-to-day for over 5 months now. About this time I'd need to start shopping again, but not this time. They have held up better than any shoe I can remember, and they are so darn comfortable comparably.

The traction is really good on these as well. I work in a lot of industrial water environments, and I haven't had any close-call with slips.

They stay pretty dry too, which is also a big plus for me.

I wear a size 11, which is what I ordered. They fit perfectly. And I've never even thought about getting a 3rd party insole.

If anything happens to these, I'll be coming right back here to order another pair.
on July 14, 2015
I have now purchased probably 6 pairs of these shoes over the years. I always have a 'newer' pair that looks halfway decent, okay to go out in, no problem if you get caught in some weather. I try to keep them fairly clean and brushed with a stiff bristle brush on occasion to raise the suede. When the inevitably start to get beat up in appearance, I transition them to my 'daily wear' that get abused in the garden, hiking, etc. I have gone through this transition many times with them. I only have one small complaint about them and it is the EXACT same issue every single time: When they start to get worn, the first place that wears is at the back of the heal where the pull strap is located. That silly hard plastic strap wears through and rubs against the Achilles tendon. I have found that a combination of careful snipping and then some type of frequently reapplied cloth tape helps prolong the life, but this is ultimately why I have to get rid of the shoe at some point. That being said, it takes a while to happen, and this show is a dream otherwise.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.