Merrell Men's Barefoot Life Reach Glove,Chocolate,US 12.5 M
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Rubber sole
- Fit: True Size
- Insole: Microfiber
- Outsole: Rubber
- Upper: Full Grain Leather/Cow Suede
- Features of this item include: Aegis®, Barefoot, Lightweight, Minimalist, Strobel
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this brand also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Reach Glove features barefoot strobel construction offers flexibility and comfort, internal support construction secures the midfoot for optimal fit and support. Non-removable microfiber footbed is treated with Aegis® antimicrobial solution resists odor.
- Package Dimensions: 14 x 9 x 5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.81 pounds
- ASIN: B0070YJCYY
- Item model number: J39441
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 13, 2013
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update - After posting the original review I gave a rather pithy repy to the Customer Service email. Got an overnight reply saying she'd check around and see if she could find a pair. She did and mailed them. Received them the next day. Though they were of a lighter color and shorter than the originals, they work. Appreciated the coerced follow up and response enough to upgrade the rating to four (4) stars. Still thrilled with the shoes but somewhat disappointed with the quality and response.
**Update**: Amazon sent another pair and this pair rocks! And not only did Amazon send a replacement pair before even receiving the 1st pair, but they sent it over night/next day delivery! So the original 2-stars review morphs into 5-Stars. Thanks Amazon for awesome service and Merrell for making a promising shoe into a comfortable reality!
You have worn zero drop, minimalist footbed padding, and Vibram soles for your running/active footwear for months now. You feel better and stronger when you where your minimalist shoes out and about. But you are forced to wear business casual for 40 hours a week, and when it's time to put on your street clothes, you don't want to look like a gym rat. You force your strong and perfectly aligned feet, which are now so accustomed to feeling grounded to the earth, back into leather, dress or causal shoes and boots. These of course look nice, and you have spent loads of money collecting a closet full of "nice-looking" footwear, but suddenly there is something more important to you: the health of your feet and back. You know it will look silly, but you don't care. So you don your trainers along with your Dockers and button down. Eek. It's ugly. But at least you will feel well today. Just tell your boss it's doctor's orders. If you're like me, this is your daily crisis.
Not. Any. More.
These shoes have full leather uppers with two complimentary shades of brown. They will accommodate a wide range of fashion occasions and yet still keep you feeling grounded and strong. These immediately have become my go-to shoe. I will now enumerate what I love about them:
1. The Fit. These fit my feet better than any other shoe I've tried. I wear a 7.5 in my Merrell Trail Glove, but I fit perfectly into an 8 in these. The inside of the uppers is stiff, yet molds to your foot in to most delicate way. There is a soft, thin, firm, foamy layer inside that helps with this.
2. The Outsole: the Vibram sole is perfect. No one will suspect how well these shoes perform by just glancing at them. Hidden beneath the casual appearance of the leather uppers is a very grippy, "barefoot" shaped pad that is hiking trail worthy. *Fair warning* these slip on slick, wet surfaces like wooden decks and tile.
3. Walking around: these are excellent walkers. I feel so connected to ground in these.
4. Kick pad: the outsole come up a little farther in the back. It is subtle, but it allows you to kick them off if you like.
5. Etc., etc....I won't bore you further.
The only problem here is not with the shoes, but with the manufacturer. They do not currently (December 2014) have this product, nor a similar one on their product line up. I really, really, sincerely, for real hope they reconsider this terrible oversight and re-introduce a shoe like this. If they don't, when these shoes finally wear out, I'll be hopelessly lost. Dear Merrell, please, please make more minimalist shoes that can be worn with Dockers. I'm begging you. Send me a note when you do.
I guess I should buy another pair before it's too late...