|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$67.99 - $129.95 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
- Rubber sole
- Waterproof leather and mesh upper
- Bellows tongue keeps debris out. Synthetic leather toe cap and heel counter Breathable mesh lining wicks to keep feet dry
- Merrell M Select FIT.ECO blended EVA contoured footbed with organic odor control
- Molded nylon arch shank, Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
- Compression molded EVA footframe provides cushioning, 5mm lug depth, Weight: 1lb 8oz
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Merrell believes that nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, tail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and performance.
Lug patterns that provide stability in all conditions, with no lugs placed under the arch, so your foot flexes more naturally for greater comfort. Sure traction on both wet and dry surfaces in even the most extreme temperatures.
M Select DRY
Outside protection when you're on the move. M Select DRY products shed external moisture from precipitation and wet ground conditions while allowing moisture from physical activity to escape to give you dry comfort inside and out.
This ventilated hiker gives you traction in any summer situation. Waterproof uppers with mesh lining keep feet cool and dry over a cushy midsole.
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00D7CHAFQ
- Item model number: Moab Waterproof-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 8, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
The only con, and I'm not sure if this is justified, is that they do seem to lose their comfort over time. Granted, I had my last pair for at least 5 years, but I only wore them for a total of a couple weeks a year, I doubt I wore them for a total 365 days. They started to feel like uncomfortable boots again and I looked forward to taking them off after a hike. I eventually wore a hole in the heel and justified replacing them. Got the same pair of course, and wow, what a difference! Back to feeling like the comfortable shoes I remembered. Now to see how many hundreds of miles it will take to wear them down again.
Having said that I obviously love this shoe since I immediately bought the same pair again, and will do the same when these inevitably wear out.
- Very comfortable when new.
- Excellent grip.
- Really is waterproof (up to the laces)
- Feels a little heavy after a long day of hiking.
- Loses its comfort over time, faster than I would expect.
The way I see it, if these shoes was only used for hiking say once a week or less it would likely perform very well. My using them for work is daily use. Even though I don't get real rough with them on the job ... they are subjected to the elements a lot more than normal use. I'm uncertain how they would hold up if worn daily casual wear. I can't really compare them to another hiking shoe as I have not found another which has a sole which can grip turf, is waterproof, and covers my big feet! I would really appreciate it if anyone had some recommendations for alternative footwear which would hold up better than these do.
I do recommend buying another insole if you can afford it. I have some back and knee ailments and a better insole made a difference.
The outer aspect of the shoe, and the color in my opinion, is great. For slightly over sixty dollars, I am pleased.