Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 11, 2016
This is an outstanding wet weather shoe for cold climates, but being waterproof it does not breathe and is uncomfortable to wear in warm months. It is also heavy as compared to other Merrel shoes because of the heavy duty sole. If you buy this shoe, be prepared to wear it when you need a waterproof shoe and it is rugged enough to hike in. If you don't want it for the waterproof feature, find something else, because you are going to think it is hot and heavy.
on August 11, 2014
I like the idea of these a great deal. Easy on, easy off, waterproof, warm enough for Pennsylvania winters, cool enough for the summers. Good traction. Easy to clean. I bought them in November of 2012 for yard work and wear them on weekends in the garden. The stitching on the left toe failed in the spring of 2014 and both heels have worn through at the tops where my foot rubs. For the price, I was hoping to get 3 years out of these; I'm not going to make it to two years. Thinking I'm going to give MuckBoots Excursions a try next. If these had lasted another 6-9 months, I would have happily ordered another pair.
on January 8, 2014
As other reviewers have noted the sizing is what I would describe as "snug", rather than small. I normally wear an 8 1/2 shoe, but sometimes wear 9s. I ordered a 9 for this one given the sizing comments, and the first time I tried to slip it on thought it was too small, but it expands pretty quick. It definitely is a snug fit, but I think that is critical for slip-ons, especially if you're going to do more than just walk around on a paved surface with them.

Also, the "Dark Earth" is very "dark". Other comments noted this as well, so it wasn't unexpected.

The shoe seems extremely durable and well built. I'm only on day 2 of wearing it, but I'll report back if it fails to live up.
on December 7, 2013
I tried to buy locally and order direct without luck, (I was wanting black shiver moc in a size 13 waterproof) and ended up ordering thru Amazon. I was wearing size 12 and found 13 fit better. They may have changed sizing or my feet are bigger, not sure which. Now Merrell isn't showing this in their catalog or I am not finding it. I have about 2 years to find a replacement. Thing is, Merrell fits better than others available from REI or the other local outdoor recreation store.
One of lifes little trials!
on February 6, 2014
These were extensively reviewed on another retailers site that I'm a member of. There was no mention of size problems there, so I bought my usual size (11 D) here at a significant discount. They arrived a few days ago and fit perfectly- with trekking Thorlo socks. The construction is very nice, with a stout feeling sole and a deeply lugged tread. Since they are slip on shoes they're great around town but I wouldn't go hiking with them. I gave them five stars for fit and finish. Hopefully they will prove to be as durable and waterproof as prior Merrell shoes I've bought.
on May 5, 2014
I just grabbed another pair of these, since i wore my last pair out. I wear them everyday for my remodel business, and love them. I will say they do stretch out over time. Just like most leather shoes do, so if they are just a little tight when you first get them, don't worry they will stretch out (leather will relax).
on December 29, 2013
This is my second pair of Merrel shoes, very hard to get on. But once on they are they fit very good. Fit is a bit tight but still a very good shoe, can't beat Merrel quality
on November 5, 2012
I have two other pairs of Merrell Shiver Mocs and I love them (except on ice).

However, the new pair I just got (dark brown) seem like they run at least a size too small. I compared the length of the shoe with my old ones, and they are identical. However, it is really hard to get my feet into them and I can't wear them for more than 30 minutes because they are too tight.

It's like they kept the same dimensions but made the inside smaller. I'm thinking of sending them back because they even seem too tight without any socks.

I would note that though these are great on snow, the treads are not good for ice at all. Worse than other shoes I have. Also, the felt near the heel has worn out on both other pairs I've owned.

I still buy them because I like the look and the feel and the overall fit. Perhaps this pair is an anomaly.
33 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 14, 2012
Just received, and got the wrong color than we ordered. The listing shows the color Dark Earth to be a light tan & a medium brown. However, our box and shoes are black, and even the box shows a pic of the black shoes mismarked with Dark Earth.
Kinda pissed that we didn't get the color we ordered & PAID for, but my Hubs is a bit nicer than I, so he's cool with black shoes instead of brown. I'm a little concerned that this must happen a lot with folks, as far as not wanting to send them back to get the right color... esp with Christmas right around the corner.
Won't buy from this particular seller again, and the rating is for the Merrell shoes' quality ONLY.
on February 2, 2014
I purchased all three of these colors recently while Amazon had them for a really good price. I've been wearing the Merrell Jungle mocs for about 5-6 years as my daily go-to. I've gone through about two of those; I still own the first pair but will probably retire those soon. I love slip ons and the Merrell's are the best i've tried. I tried a similar pair from New Balance but found that the area behind the heel area is not as stiff as the Merrell and so will start collapsing into the shoe. Even my 6 year old pair of Jungle mocs don't do that.

The Shiver Moc 2 has the great styling of the jungle moc but is waterproof, has a beefier and grippier sole and are slightly insulated. I ordered the same size as my Jungle mocs and here's what I found:

- Merrell Stone - this is a suede-like material and the fit was perfect. Not too tight and not loose.
- Dark Earth and Black - These are made of smoother leather-like material. The initial fit is painfully tight but after wearing them for a day the shoes are loosening up and not painful. This is with typical white socks. If you plan on wearing hiking or themal socks with these, plan on ordering half a size up. Unfortunately, I haven't seen these shoes in a Wide but I think they will stretch out ok.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.