Merrell Men's Shiver Boot Waterproof,Dark Earth,US 12.5 M
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- lug-sole sole
- Fit: True Size
- Insole: EVA
- Outsole: Rubber
- Upper: Full Grain Leather
- Features of this item include: Lined, Waterproof Leather, Winter
Customers Who Bought This Brand Also Shopped For
This pull-on is a great after sport boot for those wanting immediate comfort and warmth after a big day. With serious traction to get you to the car through slush and snow, its fleece-lined, full grain leather upper is waterproof to keep tired feet dry and warm for spontaneous snowy tailgaters. Cushioned supportive midsole.
- Product Dimensions: 14.7 x 14.5 x 5.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.9 pounds
- ASIN: B0070YYT9C
- Item model number: J39573
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 13, 2013
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I generally spend 1 1/2 hours outside everyday and the rest of the day in buildings that are at about 67 F. They fit true to size but I still wear a pair of thick socks underneath. They aren't quite as comfortable as the insulated shoes that I used to wear but much warmer and have better traction on ice. It took about two weeks to get them broken in.
Ordered a 1/2 size bigger per other reviews and the fit, as usual with Merrells was perfect. With heavy socks, they are a bit snug but not too much. Switch to regular socks and their not sloppy.
These boots are made very well, and keep your feet warm given you wear cold weather sock.
They also keep your feet dry, assuming your not wading in deep puddles.
the tread on these is "aggressive", which is good for traction, the down side is they hold a lot of slush and mud so keep that in mind when you come inside. i knew boots would do that, so i wanted easy on and off and these do the trick.
The leather is a little stiff, but has worn in very well in the last 2 weeks (5 days a week, 10 -12 hours a day of wear)
If you like the no frills look and need some all purpose shoes for winter, buy these. you will be happy.
The only down side of the boots is that breaking them in was quite uncomfortable and, at times, painful for the mid shin/calf area. This was true of my previous Sorrel snow boots. When breaking in the boots be sure to wear extra thick socks or some sort of padding for the mid shin/calf area of your legs.
I love Merrell as well as Ecco, Keen, etc but this have been great. I have worn them over a hundred times and they still look new. They have seen snow, ice, salt, etc and other than an occassional wet cloth (after salt) they look like teh day I bought them. I have worn them out with jeans and they look great,
Now to the real review:
- Fit, they fit perfect to size. I am a true 11.5 and these fit me perfectly.
- The tread- Pattern and grip is better than any other I have used. I had fallen a few times with other footwear worn to walk the fog but these have excellent traction.
- Warmth, Just right. Not overly worm but they do wick perspiration away from the foot. No problems with cold feet, even with sport socks and sub-zero temps. I walk my lab for about 45 mins to an hour three times a day and have not had cold feet.
- Wear. They are simply like new after almost an entire winter of wear. Love them.
- wish teh pul tab on back was a little larger to help pulling them on.
I look forward to wearing them again this winter
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These were a Christmas present for a friend. Excellent product. the side zipper is a very important facet.Published 9 months ago by Ariel French
These boots are utterly comfortable. Waterproofness is great, they're my go-to for when the weather in town is nasty. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Andrew T
Great grip, but less cold weather protection than advertised. Get get cold at -5°CPublished 20 months ago by Big Poppa
Awesome winter boots to wear with suit in the crummy winter in NYC. Tall enough to tuck cuffs of your suit pants into to keep the slush off. Recommended.Published 22 months ago by AussieinNY