|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$122.97 & FREE Shipping|
- Synthetic sole
- 0mm heel-to-toe differential
- 4mm cushioning
- 9.5mm stack height
- TrailProtect forefoot pad
- A sleek low cut and highly breathable build make this light runner a barely-there essential.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
New items from Merrell
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
A sleek low cut and highly breathable build make this light runner a barely-there essential.
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00E8FPTPY
- Item model number: PACE GLOVE 2-W
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 14, 2013
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-The shoe runs slightly larger overall than the older version, but not enough to change your Merrell size. If you loved the glove fit of old, it will feel like you are swimming in these.
-The heel cup. It's slippery. Might as well have put on a regular/everyday pair of shoes. With or without socks it doesn't matter. It rubs at the top.
- The shoe just feels cheaper in quality (sole excluded). The area inside the shoe where the tongue connects at the top is ridged.
-The toebox and arc area is slightly wider. Provides better "standing stability" and allows for slighter greater toe splay.
- Added extra upper eyelets for using the loop tying method.
-The purple color is great (the dark highlights are more of a charcoal than true black)
Overall, the shoe works well to walk around in. And sure, they'll work for running, they're shoes. But if you are looking for that old Merrell feel, these are not it. My impression is that they changed the shoe to cater to the more casual walker/runner that has never been in one of their minimalist shoes before. For newcomers I can see this shoe being a revelation, just like my first pair a couple years ago. However, for running or anyone that loves the original glove fit, this new shoe is a big disappointing step in the wrong direction.
I was devastated (no exaggeration) to learn that the original Pace Gloves had been replaced, and was very hesitant to try the new version. I took my first run tonight and here are my initial thoughts (at least if you were an original Pace Glove fan as I am):
1)The Pace Glove 2 seems to be much stiffer through the midsection and less flexible. I'm hoping I can break them in to where they feel more glove-like and less shoe-like.
2) They seem longer and do not fit as snugly as the original.
3) The arch area seems to be misplaced... the built-up area which is suppose to be around the arch actually hits the padding of my forefoot. This is annoying and I'm not sure how it will affect me on a long run.
4) I'm not sure if the soles have changed but they also seem "off" around the forefoot area.
I really wanted to love this shoe. I'm hoping this review isn't premature but, so far, I am really sad the original is gone.
UPDATE(several long runs later:)
Now that I've had an ample "break-in" period, I feel better about the shoe. The weird arch placement and squishy padding discomfort went away after the first two runs. Now, while running, I can't tell much of a difference between the new version and the original; however, when walking in the shoe it feels much looser and much less glove-like. I prefer the glove-like fit. All in all, I will continue to buy this shoe and not look for another brand to replace it.
As a barefoot/minimalist running shoe....well it is OK. I still haven't found another brand that I like more, but I am disappointed in this new version and hope that Merrell recognizes the issues and works toward fixing them. I will be looking into other brands if they don't because I am not in love with this shoe like I was with the original.