Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Merry Products Cat Washroom Bench, White" and save 52% off the $244.18 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Merry Products Cat Washroom Bench, White
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Designed to fit any size litter box, including extra-large automatic boxes
- Removable partition wall creates a space to store litter, scoop and other supplies
- The entrance to the Cat Washroom can be placed on either side of the unit to suit the room it is used in
- Interior Dimensions(D x W x H) : 20.20 x 35.00 x 19.00 inches
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
About Merry Products
At Merry Products, we are dedicated to the continued creation and development of pet houses and furniture that are aesthetically pleasing, intelligently functional and competitively priced.
Merry Products Cat Washroom Bench
Available in white or walnut
This multifunctional unit can be used as a litter box cover while providing useful space for any organizing options.
- Seamlessly camouflage a messy cat litter box
- Organize a litter box, litter and other pet supplies
- Great in any room of the house
- Quick and easy assembly
- Magnetized doors open wide for easy access.
- Removable partition wall that creates an additional space for storage.
- Versatile entrance that can be installed on either end of bench.
- Features wainscoting details and natural wood grains.
- Weight capacity of 80lbs.
- Fits any size litter box - including extra-large automatic boxes.
- Pre-cut hole in back of unit allows convenient access to an outlet for automatic litter boxes.
The Cat Washroom Bench serves as an attarctive cover to hide away the litter box and confine all litter messes inside, while providing usuful space for any organizing options.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Pee-proof the interior (up to 8 inches in height) for about $25: others have complained that if your cat “misses,” urine will soak onto the wood and ruin the unit. Too bad they don’t offer a plastic interior liner to help protect from this. Here’s what I did instead: Purchase approximately 8 feet of plastic carpet runner (approx. 27 inches wide) at your local hardware store – not the clear type, the black plastic type for about $2.25 per linear foot. You’ll also need a 5 oz. tube of adhesive like Dap, a 3 oz. tube of silicone, a decent pair of scissors, and a tape measure. Step 1: cut a piece of the runner to the width of the interior floor, put in the base of the unit, align with the front base edge of the unit, and “fold up” the approx. 8-inch excess on the back wall of the unit, affix with adhesive - the floor and the rear wall are now protected. Step 2: cut a piece of runner the depth of the unit, and the height of the bottom of the cat entry door, and affix with adhesive – one side of the unit is now protected. Step 3: cut a piece of runner the depth of the unit, and 8 inches tall, and affix to the other side wall with adhesive – the other side of the unit is now protected. Protecting the front of the unit is more tricky - Step 4: cut a strip of runner the width of the unit, but only approx. 2inches tall – affix this strip vertically with adhesive to the ledge where the bottom of the doors touch the unit when they are closed – this will finish creating a “pan” for the interior that will catch and hold liquid. Step 5: seal all seams/gaps with Silicone: front, left, and right floor edges, and all four vertical edges. Not done yet – the front is only protected to a height of 1 or 2 inches – what if kitty pees on the inside of the doors? Step 6: cut two pieces of runner eight inches tall, one the width of the doors, the other 1 inch in excess of the width of the doors. These will line the interior of the doors to protect them, but the bottom of these runner pieces when installed must “stick out” (not be flush with the interior of the door) so that any liquid will be directed into the sealed pan” instead of the wooden gap between the pan and the door. Use a strip of wood of anything else handy and affix to the bottom rear of the runner pieces with adhesive to make them stick out when installed - affix the runner pieces to the inside of each door, with the sticking out portion just clearing the strip installed in Step 4. One runner piece will stick out 1 inch past the door edge – this is the door to close first to create an overlapping seal.
2) Make the unit mobile for about $5. Purchase a 4-pack of 1 5/8 inch swivel bearing castors at your local hardware store. These are the types with pins instead of plates for installation. Remove the bottom four plastic feet from the unit (they are nailed in, so just pull them out with pliers). Follow the installation instructions for the wheels to install them where the plastic feet were removed – my set says to drill 3/8 inch holes 1 3/8 inches deep, tap in the provided sockets, then push casters into sockets until they lock. Rated caster load capacity of 50 pounds should be more than sufficient since the loaded unit should weigh about 100 pounds, which can be handled by 4 X 50 pound-rated casters = rated for 200 pounds (just don’t let people sit on the unit).
I sat on the fence about buying this for a long time and I hope my review helps those of you like me to make your decision. This product is amazing! Solid wood, excellent workmanship, sturdy and strong, easy assembly, and although it builds like an Ikea piece, it's parts are of far better quality. You can easily choose the side the doorway is on. I imagine I will have this for years and years to come. I got the walnut finish and it is beautiful. No one would ever know you have a litter box inside. It looks like a solid, sturdy, and beautiful piece of furniture. When I first opened the shipping box (which was wrapped to ensure nothing broke), I did notice a paint smell, but it aired out quickly. Most importantly, my cat loves it. He is 17 pounds and goes in no problem. He prefers it to the other litter box in our bathroom, which is open. I chose not to use the divider so the box is large and roomy on the inside. There is enough light coming into the box so it does not look like a dark hole for your cat. Light comes through the entrance hole as well as the cut outs for hand placement when opening the cabinet doors. There is also a small round hole at the bottom back center (in case you have a plug in litter box), but mine is covered over because I have the Scotch Cat Litter Mat lining the bottom. There are no odors, which is what I was most afraid of; however, I want to note that I was able to use my litter box, the Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Regular, Taupe dimensions 20 inches x 18 inches x 18 inches, which is literally the perfect fit and is a litter box with a covered top. I am not using carbon filters or any odor killers at this time. No mess makes it out of the setup I have. The Merry Pet Cat Washroom Bench is definitely worth the money (honestly, it looks more expensive than the price) and I will be buying a second one for my bedroom to replace the one in the bathroom. I am so happy I bought this product!
When you see the photo of the cat inside, keep in mind he is 17 pounds.
Most recent customer reviews
- Very nice looking cabinet when assembled. Looks expensive and solid.
- Services it purpose well.Read more