Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Merry Products Nightstand Pet House/Cat Litter Box Cover
- Attractive multi-functional pet house also hides unsightly litter box
- Classic, clean white fiberboard cabinet features wainscoting paneling and stainless steel hardware
- Provides a safe, discrete resting/sleeping area for dogs and cats
- Minimum assembly required; instructions and hardware included
- Measures 18.5 x 16.5 x 18.5 inches; 1-year warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Cat Washroom - White
About Merry Products
At Merry Products, we are dedicated to the continued creation and development of pet houses and furniture that are aesthetically pleasing, intelligently functional and competitively priced.
Merry Products Cat Washroom
Available in three colors
This multifunctional unit can be used as a litter box cover, a coffee table or night stand pet house.
- Camouflages a messy cat litter box or pet bed
- Contains litter messes and odor
- Use as a pet house and provide a private place for your pet
Cat Washroom - White
- Magnetized door opens wide for easy cleaning.
- Fits a large litter pan up to 16"W x 18.5"D.
- Interior measures 18.5"H x 16"W x 18.5"D.
Cat Washroom - Espresso
- Features wainscoting details and natural wood grains.
- Quick and easy assembly.
- Door measures 8"H x 7"W.
Cat Washroom - Walnut
- Stainless steel towel bar may be installed on either side.
- Shelf space of 4.5"H.
- Top shelf weight capacity of 50lbs.
Introducing the most versatile, practical and multi-functional Cat Washroom /Night Stand Pet House that blends seamlessly in any interior settings and style with the classic clean white cabinet design, wainscoting paneling details and stainless steel hardware.
Size: Small | Color: White
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
This item Merry Pet Cat Washroom / Night Stand Pet House
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||19.1 x 20.5 x 25 in||37.5 x 21.25 x 22.5 in||15.75 x 16.5 x 20 in||15.9 x 15.9 x 23.9 in|
|Size||Small||Medium||16.5 x 15.75 x 20 in.||Small|
Top customer reviews
Description: "IKEA/Target-grade" self-assembled particle board laminated furniture. The cat has not complained of the quality.
Color: In daylight it is plain old brown, in the evening light it appears a dark cappuccino.
Usage: Not recommended for use as a night stand unless you currently like to place your litter box next to where you sleep.
1. Assemble unit as instructed.
2. Get clear (bathroom) caulk and seal every crease on the interior of the unit. BONUS: line the back wall with a plastic sheet (or a trash bag) so that it covers the back wall and bottom of the interior of the unit. It does not have to be perfect.
3. Purchase a high walled litter box without a door (or remove door if it is completely enclosed). 18 1/2" x 14 1/2" (L x W) fits perfectly. The opening on the unit door is 5" high but my litter box entry is 6" high and still works well. Max height of the litter box should be 18" for a proper fit.
REASONS for STEP #2 and #3. Unlike human males, female cats do not like to stare at a dark wall when they pee. They like to look out the door which means they will turn around after they enter and pee towards the back of the unit. If you have a cat that likes to "aim high" or "rebound off the backboard" then the pee will hit the the backside of the litter box. If you have a standard height litter box (6 inches tall) or if the litter box has a separate top (hood) and bottom, the urine can seep through the seam and pool at the back of the unit. Being particle board, the unit will absorb the urine and bubble. If you did not caulk the unit as advised earlier, the urine will seep out the back of the unit and on to your floor.
4. Occasionally check to see if the unit itself is dry (or if it starts to smell). If not, remove plastic trash bag used to line the inside. Wipe the unit out with a wet paper towel. Spray inside with a pet odor remover that "reacts" with the urine and not just masks the odor. Let sit for a minute then wipe down again. Reline the inside of the unit with a new plastic trash bag. Essentially just tape it to the back wall and let it drape to the bottom and place the litter box on top of it. Washing the litter box probably isn't a bad idea either.
5. Yell at cat for making you do all this extra work for the sake of a more aesthetic living environment.
6. Watch cat look at you like you are a moron and walk away with total apathy.
It seems like a great deal of work but in reality the advised steps are precautionary for accidents that may occur. Clearly all cats have different behaviors and the unit itself will not have to be cleaned out often. Please also note the unit is "open" so odors will not be trapped inside as with fully enclosed litter boxes.
That being said I like this unit and although not perfect it certainly looks MUCH better than an open litter box or a plastic neon green enclosed unit with pictures of cats dancing on it (like the old litter box, and yes the cat and I are both ashamed). And much like my cheap furniture from college, if it gets trashed then toss it and start from scratch. It's been a year with very few problems.
*PS: Unlike many reviews for other products, I did not receive s**t for this review... except from my cat.
For size reference, the cat is small at about 7lbs