Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 251 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 268 reviews
on September 5, 2011
I purchased this to add some lumbar support to the less than stellar driver's seat in my 2004 Prius. While the product description does say "car seat" the images and main description suggest it was intended mostly for desk chairs..which I think is the case. None the less, it does seem to work OK in my Prius as far as providing lumbar support.

I was also concerned b/c several of the reviews said that the item collapsed upon first use and was flimsy and useless. I found it to be well made, robust and seems to be quite durable. It provides good support.
on August 20, 2015
back against.
My thought was that I would try them both, and see which one worked best.
And I was very pleased with both of them - which both arrived together - and I have a place for each of them, and they both work fine.
And so, when this one came (being the least expensive of the three) I fully expected it to be virtually worthless, because in retrospect, a screenwire mesh backrest, as it were, seemed a little far out.
But, surprise, surprise! It turns out to be extremely comfortable, and feels the most natural of the three, and is entirely unnoticeable, and just feels perfectly comfortable, and works fine.
Unless it breaks down somewhere along the line - which I don't foresee, inasmuch as it shouldn't receive any abuse - in fact, I don't even need to adjust it, once it's in place, with the thin little stretch band holding it in place.
But a sore back is very serious business, because you feel it all the time, and this little jewel is a small price to pay for the sweet relief it gives.
on February 11, 2016
anyone with a bad back that is out of place needs to sleep on this...it will save you a trip to the chiropractor and in a couple of days give you pain free relief!!! not exactly what it was made for, but it works by putting continuous pressure on the spine...no house should be without a couple of these things!!! if i have a high between the shoulder blades, I sometimes stack them end to end and sleep on top of two of them to cover my whole spine...and after a couple nights, you will unconsciously stay in the middle of the things too...great for keeping the spine aligned if you sleep on your side too... I cannot say enough good about these things. Only wish more people with back pain knew they existed!!!
on May 13, 2013
Two major things wrong with this whole transaction:

1. THE PRODUCT. I thought that all of these mesh back supports were the same, but evidently that's not the case. The frame on this particular one does not have a very defined curve so when you put it on the chair, it flattens and you get ZERO support! I should have read the 1 star reviews for this product before buying because they are true.

2. SCAM: LOW PRICE OF PRODUCT, HIGH SHIPPING COST. I see that they've since changed this, but when I ordered these they were priced at $0.39 each. Since I bought 4, it cost $1.56, but the shipping was $15.92 (clearly, more than the actual cost for the shipping). The total came to $17.48, which = $4.37 per item. This is fine and all because that's comparable to other vendors. BUT, the problem lies in that this product is TERRIBLE and so when I wanted to return it, (1.) I had to pay for the shipping cost, which was about $10, and (2.) Only get refunded $1.56! Do the math and I've actually paid $25.92 for nothing!!!

For these reason, I strongly believe that vendors shouldn't be able to price the product so low then arbitrarily choose a high shipping cost to offset that, then when you want to return it you lose more money by having to pay for shipping. It's dishonest and just bad karma!
on February 6, 2013
I was a little skeptical about this item after reading all of the reviews, but I am actually pretty blown away by the support of this product.

I have been dealing with some lower back pain for awhile now and decided I needed to get some support for my desk chair at work. Even though it is mesh, it provides more than enough support for my lower back.

The shipment was very fast (from LA to Ohio took about 3 business days) and the price really can't be beat for $5. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for some back support.
on May 10, 2015
I'm very happy with this product for the price. I have an old executive style desk chair that has all the support and cushioning compacted. I thought about getting a new chair but my chair feels like a comforting old friend and I just don't have the heart to get rid of her. For less than $10, this lumbar support has reinvigorated my old chair, and my back doesn't hurt anymore when I'm sitting on it for long periods of time.
I'm not entirely sure how it will hold up, but it seems sturdy enough for now for the frame of a 160 lb person.
One thing i should note is that the strap on the back isn't really made for a big desk chair (it's just not long/big enough) so I just wedged my support in between the lower and and back cushions, and it seems to stay put.
on March 19, 2014
I got 2 of these: 1 for the car and 1 for my office chair.
It's not bad, but I'm glad I didn't pay the original $10 each for them.
In the car, it often slips down between the seat parts, getting stuck and difficult to pull back up, so most of the time, it's not doing its full job (partial job, not full). It is good, though, for seats that are older and really sunk in, for it gives more of an original back support.
As for the office chair, it might work well for the one in the picture, but not so much for the CEO type office chairs, since those you have to sit way back into. I tried strapping one to a pillow, then in the back of the chair, and that's helpful for keeping me forward, but still doesn't seem to do much for my back or posture.

The elastic is nice and strong, but because it's just one part (doesn't velcro or anything), it has to go over the chair's back...not always easy depending on how wide your chair is.

I guess if you have a good chair for it, it'd work well. But that's the key element...the right type of chair.
on July 17, 2016
I had previuosly used a similar back support which had lasted for about 5 years. I purchased this one as a replacement to be used in the same vehicle. I was very disappointed when it lasted only a few months. The wire frame bent badly, and the fabric tore easily. I cannot recommend this one.
on June 23, 2014
This is truly a great seat helper. As I find myself doing 12-14 shows a year as an artist, I truly need support in my office as well as in shows. I thought about buying one of those artists chairs, but they don't support. My husband got one from me over two years ago, and uses it in his office at work. I told him I was going to get me one for our anniversary and I did. Some how it got lost or went to another address. I contacted the seller, he inmediately refunded my money. Later that week the item arrived, so I sent him a new note to charge my account again, and they came back and told me that because of the delay and trouble it was to receive it they were going to waive the entire cost and shipping.. You truly have to try these folks. Which all sellers in Amazon were like them.
on March 3, 2015
I'm a sloucher and have been experiencing lower back pain so I got this for my office chair. Obviously it can't correct my poor posture for me, but it does seem to help overall when I'm not extremely slouchy. I'm short so I like that it is easily adjustable, however, I wish the strap was a little more heavy duty as it seems to stretch a lot and is already thinning out. If I were to make any changes to this product it would be adding a more durable strap that was adjustable to securely fit any chair back.