- Hardcover: 192 pages
- Publisher: Celestial Arts (May 20, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1587612143
- ISBN-13: 978-1587612145
- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 0.8 x 8.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 18 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #825,541 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Messages from Amma: In the Language of the Heart Hardcover – May 20, 2004
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Publisher
* More than 125 timeless quotations from the Indian spiritual leader known as Amma, reflecting her message of service and compassion.
* It is estimated that Amma has given more than 21 million hugs worldwide.
* Amma has spoken at such prestigious conferences as the United Nations Womens Peace Initiative, and she is the recipient of the 2002 Gandhi-King Non-Violence Award.
* Includes stunning, never-before-published full-color images of Amma.
About the Author
JANINE CANAN is a psychiatrist and the author of thirteen collections of poetry, including Changing Woman and In the Palace of Creation: Selected Works 1969–1999 as well as her translations of the poet Else Lasker-Schüler, Star in My Forehead, and the award-winning anthology She Rises Like the Sun: Invocations of the Goddess by Contemporary American Women Poets. Janine graduated from Stanford University and the New York University School of Medicine, and completed graduate study at the University of California, Berkeley. She resides in Sonoma, California.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is written in a language that we all know- LOVE.