- Series: The Messengers
- Paperback: 394 pages
- Publisher: Richard Dolan Press; 1st edition (December 3, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0967799570
- ISBN-13: 978-0967799575
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.9 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (70 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #186,830 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Messengers: Owls, Synchronicity and the UFO Abductee Paperback – December 3, 2015
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Mike Clelland is an avid outdoorsman, illustrator and UFO researcher. He has written extensively on the subject of alien abductions, synchronicities and owls. It was his first-hand experiences with these elusive events that have been the foundation for his research. His website hiddenexperience.blogspot explores these events and their connections to the alien contact phenomenon. This site also features extended audio interviews with visionaries and experts examining the complexities of the overall UFO experience. Beyond that, Mike is considered an expert in the skills of ultralight backpacking, and has authored or illustrated a series of instructional books focused on advanced outdoor techniques. He spent nearly 25 years living in the Rockies, and now lives in the Adirondacks.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 70%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
But I was transfixed. The book is really intense in a good way, often fascinating and the author sure can write. It's different than anything I've ever read. He gives sort of case study after case study of people having significant weird stuff (usually alien-related) happen to them after an owl appears, either a real-life owl or a screen-shot owl projected into their minds by aliens to camouflage the actual aliens standing in front of them. I liked the story about the person remembering the owl and saying the only strange thing was, it was four-feet tall and wearing boots. I guess the alien didn't do the best job of projecting the owl image.
Lots of mindboggling stories and much to contemplate. The author has a great mind and analyzes beautifully.
I personally am glad I've never been abducted. My life has been difficult enough without such a thing...although the author does point out that many people who've been abducted or who may have been abducted or who have had some kind of experience with aliens often change their lives in wonderful ways afterwards, as if their experience was like some shamanic initiation or divine awakening.
My only criticism is repetition. Not in presenting so many owl cases. Those were all interesting, but sometimes he summed up what he'd already summed up. He's wonderfully thorough, and again -- a very good writer. Very appealing. I'd definitely buy another book by him.
And after finishing the book - I felt compelled to do a 'life review' of any possible strange occurrences, as inspired by Mike Clellands great sincere work - "The Messengers" not just a book - it opens doorways in thought that may just possibly allow the Owls to fly into your psyche too!
1. Knowing of the UFO culture since the 80's - this included the eerie Whitley Strieber "Communion" book cover art. My copy of "The Messengers" upon receipt opens to the exact page 188. This discusses and shows that same photo of the Alien cover. seeing it I thought - "..oh you again..." The subsequent motion picture starring Christopher Walken has one of the creepiest moments ever when the 'alien' peeks from behind a bookcase....well my girlfriend - who hasn't seen or knows of this movie...did the same spooky sneak around the corner look at me a couple of times around a doorway as i'm reading "The Messengers". I held my tongue and grinned!
2. Continuing to read the book all week inspired me to ask one of my co-workers who camps and hunts in the upstate New York woods. I talk many times about his outdoors adventures, and yet he knows absolutely nothing about my UFO interests - i say to him "have you ever had anything strange or unexplained, happen out there, you know like weird footprints or lights in the sky, stuff like that??" his reply was...."no not really its usually nothing, no wait, i did see a big white owl, huge! as i was up in a tree, it sat so silently perched right near my branch, and i looked right at it surprised, as a small mouse on the ground scurried, the owl swooped down and caught it so fast and quiet...." i said nothing of my book reading - it was a complete 'cold reading'
I held my tongue, and grinned!
3. My cable tv remote was broken this weekend, and upon replacing it, and programming its functions the first show it turned to was the movie "Clash of the Titan's" from the 80's, this was playing one of the scenes with Athena's mechanical Owl...!
I held my tongue, and grinned again!
4. Close Encounter of the Third kind just happened to also be on cable tv this weekend, and not seeing it for years, I watched from the beginning, but couldn't bear to see the final scenes again - meeting of the aliens, etc....as my anxiety level was rising as it approached., your book reminded of all the old feelings I thought I forgot.
5. Lastly I was reading the part of the book about the Owl that flapped its wings at a driver, and had been awoken up on the road by its brushing on his face, well immediately afterwards, I happen to see Mr. Clelland's recent blog post....it was a news article about a police trooper who had an Owl fly into his car, almost causing an accident, and sat in the passenger seat for 45 minutes!
I held my tongue, and grinned again!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My mom is a big fan of owls, so I bought her a copy for Xmas.Read more