Messermeister Pro-Touch Julienne Serrated Cutter Stainless Steel Kitchen Tool, Black
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Features a double stainless steel julienne style blade that swivels and conforms to all shapes of fruit and vegetables
- Best used on vegetables to create matchstick cuts
- Pointed end to remove blemishes
- Right or left handed
- One of the highest rated tool on the market today
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Exclusive items from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Messermeister Pro-Touch Peelers
Messermeister Pro-Touch Peelers have been named one of the best by food magazines such as Cooks Illustrated and Fine Cooking. There are 3 different blade types and 2 different styles of peelers.
3-Different Types of Blades
Fine Edge Swivel Peeler
The Messermeister Pro-Touch Fine Edge Swivel Peeler is great for peeling hard vegetables and fruits, such as potatoes, apples and carrots. The swivel head moves makes for easier and more thorough peeling and less wrist work. Comes in black and cucumber green with a stainless steel peeler blade.
Serrated Edge Swivel Peeler
The Messermeister Pro-Touch Serrated Swivel Peeler is the single hottest gadget in the gourmet industry and a must have item for all chefs! This peeler has a serrated blade, which allows you to, not only, grip wet vegetables and peel them with ease, but also allows you to peel tomatoes, grapes, eggplants, ginger and more! Comes in black and tomato red with a stainless steel peeler blade.
Julienne Swivel Peeler
The Messermeister Pro-Touch Julienne Swivel Peeler has joined its award winning counterpart, the Serrated Swivel Peeler, which is named one of the best by numerous cooking publications. The Julienne Peeler contains a serrated, stainless steel blade with matchstick cutters and is reversible for right or left hand use. This is the tool that makes the art of julienne easier and effortless. Comes in black and carrot orange with a stainless steel peeler blade.
Straight Peeler vs. Y-Peeler
Named for its shape, the Messermeister Y- Peeler comes with all three different blades types. How to choose between Straight Peelers and Y-Peelers? It really depends on how you like to peel.
Pro-Touch Peeler Trio Set
The extremely sharp Messermeister Pro-Touch Peeler Trio Set includes a peeler for every task! It includes a Serrated Swivel Peeler, Fine Edge Swivel Peeler and Julienne Swivel Peeler. Each peeler has a soft, comfortable grip that is non-slip, even when wet.
Lifetime Manufacturing Warranty
Messermeister provides a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects on all products.
Messermeister, featuring premier German cutlery, has roots in both Germany and Australia. Today, Messermeister operates as a U.S. company that strives to provide the highest quality of cutlery and culinary tools to both food-service professionals and home. We are committed to designing new and innovative products and sourcing the world to find the very best quality at the right price for the market. Messermeister products are all fully warranted for the life of the user against defects in materials and workmanship. The Messermeister "Pro-Touch" series of culinary tools are manufactured from a stainless steel called AISI420. They feature oversized and ergonomic santoprene handles that won't slip when wet. This Messermeister julienne peeler features a double stainless steel blade that swivels and conforms to all shapes of fruit and vegetables. This julienne peeler is best used on vegetables to create matchstick cuts and has a pointed end to remove blemishes. Use with a right of left hand. Messermeister tools are consistently rated at the top in comparison to other brands for function, quality and ease of use in the kitchen.
Showing 1-8 of 1,243 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Two caveats, based on the user:
1. Choose this straight variety, or choose the T-shaped type, based on your needs or preference. Or maybe buy one of each.
2. Don't purchase this type of serrated peeler if you are not going to take care of it properly. If you will store it in a drawer without the protective cover on it every time, you will damage the serrated blade, and it will no longer be useful. You must not lose the blade guard, and you must attach the guard after each use so it cannot rattle against other metal in the dishwasher or drawer.
You will "lose" some of the vegetable because unlike a spiralizer, the carrot or zuchinni will get so small/thin it won't peel anymore. But all in all, it's a dream come true.
But that said, I probably wouldn't ever buy any other brand of peeler ever again.
The Messemeister Pro Touch Swivel peeler peels like no other. Skin comes off my veggies effortlessly - beets, carrots, celery root, ginger...you name it, the MPT peels it like a champ.
- peeler is sharp! I sliced my finger taking the protective cover off and didn't notice till I saw I was leaving my mark with blood all over the place
- the paper backing that is attached to the peeler is annoying to take off. I tried ripping it and doing all sorts of things. Finally cutting it most of the way through and then soaking it in water to soften enough did the trick. WHY did the manufacturers attach the peeler to the cardboard like that? What on earth is the swivel circle for??
- the handle is a bit on the thin side if you are used to the thick handles of peelers like the OXO
Bottom line, I've tried the whole gamut of peelers from OXO swivel peelers to that junk you buy from the dollar store when you've moved and can't find your stuff to those Y shaped things and this is definitely my go-to peeler from here on out.
If you don't believe me, believe Cooks Illustrated, which rated this the top peeler in their test lab!
Update: It's now June 2015 and I've had this peeler now for 3 years. Even with heavy use, the peeler still peels great, though it's starting to have a little trouble with soggy vegetables. For it to have stayed this sharp for 3 years is pretty good for me. (and I shouldn't let vegetables get that old anyway!) I wouldn't hesitate to order the same peeler again.