Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 964 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,014 reviews
on November 5, 2013
So, if you're reading this, you're in one of three categories. So, I'll leave my review in that way.

CATEGORY 1: You know/love metal shirt tabs. REVIEW: These are great - there is a great variety in sizes (3-sizes, I'd say but arguably 4) and they're very sturdy. Much better than paying $30 @ JoSA.

CATEGORY 2: You once had a shirt with metal tabs, you sort of liked it - and are considering switching. REVIEW: Absolutely - 100% - switch. These are great and they come with several sizes (lengths, that is). Some shirts have longer collar inserts - this will fill your need.

CATEGORY 3: You only have plastic tabs - and lost them, and now you're looking for replacements. REVIEW: Oh - you HAVE to switch. I'm a total convert - a former member of category 2...now I'm 100% committed. It's SO MUCH BETTER than plastic. These are very good - not expensive - and they will fit - for sure - because of the variety.

There you go - real review - real person.
on November 15, 2016
I bought these to replace the plastic stays that come in so many shirts and have been very pleased with them. There are five different lengths of collar stays, which should cover the point length for most collars. The multiple sizes are very handy, particularly in situations where a 2.5" stay will (almost) fit a shirt collar but pushes up against the top of the collar (which could lead to premature wear). With all the sizing options, it's simple to just size down on the stays and you're good to go.
I travel a fair amount for work and am in courthouses and government buildings on a regular basis. When I initially purchased these, I was concerned that the collar stays, being metal, might cause delays or inconvenience at security screenings. I'm happy to report that I have never had these collar stays set off a security magnetometer or caused any inconvenience. I highly recommend these collar stays!

alarm on ve to travel a lot and go
A couple of observations that I've seen in other comments -- very easy to simply size down might It's nice to have multiple sizes to choose from have found the 2.35 to be a very useful length as I've noticed that some shirts will hold a 2.5 length stay -- I haven't had any shirts that would require
on July 28, 2014
These are good stays. I bought this pack because I didn't know what length would be best for my shirts and I wanted all my bases covered. You only use one pair at a time and (hopefully) put them back at the end of the day. I'm glad I did because some of my shirts do better with the longest on here and others require only one of the shorter ones.

If all my shirts were the same I would prefer a homogenous pack, but since the differ, the variety is valuable.

These add some weight and rigidity to my collars. I don't use them with magnets or anything. I haven't put any through the wash, but it doesn't seem like they have a tendency to come out so I'm not sure how bad a situation that would be.
on May 21, 2017
I received my collar stays, and they work really well. The only thing that would have made this better is if they came with the magnets, and they had one size shorter in length. My favorite dress shirt has a smaller collar and the shortest collar stay is slightly too long. They all work perfectly for all my other dress shirts. Great product for the price, especially compared to others. I have recommended these collar stays to a few co-workers.
on November 27, 2016
The product functions as expected and does it well. Almost all of my shirts use the smallest size collar stay included with this, but the other sizes may come in handy in the future. If you never used metal collar stays, and have just used plastic ones built into your shirts or none at all, I guarantee that you will not regret buying these. They're more durable than plastic (obviously) and have the amazing bonus of letting you use magnets to keep the collars up (search "1/4 x 1/8 disc magnets"). Your collars will no longer stick out of your sweater or jacket uncontrollably and will make you look more professional. I also recommend buying Million Dollar Collar, which are strips of plastic that you sew into the collar placket to keep it from sagging. Search Google images or YouTube to see the difference!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2017
I have only used them once but there are enough sizes to fit all my shirts. They are well polished and smooth, very easy to insert into your shirt. I think you kind of have to be a shirt buff to get into this stuff as most people I know could care less. I even see people wearing shirts without stays and I want to call the fashion police!
on February 20, 2015
I've never used collar stays prior to ordering these so my review is definitely limited in exposure to competing products, however these work great.

I even accidentally left a pair of stays in a shirt, they ran through the wash and dryer and came out just like they never went through the wash (and didn't damage any of the clothes).

My only complaint is that all of my collars seem to require the longest length of stays in the box, of which there are only two pairs.
on June 3, 2013
What a deal!

I love the look of crisp collars that prop themselves up against the shirt - much like shirts with button down collars. I'm not a fan of the opposite look, collar pressed flat against the shirt - unless you are a Marine, Police Officer, or are living in the 1970s, it just doesn't look sharp in my opinion.

So you got your metal stays, you add a pair of strong, small magnets underneath your shirt to keep your collar in place and you have yourself nice, crisp, standing collars that will stay in place all day long.

There's another product out there that sells metal stays with some magnets to keep the collar in place - I was about to purchase those for some serious bling before stumbling upon a reviewer on Amazon that said he just bought these and used some strong magnets, summing to a fraction of the price of the brand name product.

So I did the same and it worked perfectly, saving some $20 bucks and getting more stays in various sizes to boot - you get a lot of stays, I would have been satisfied with receiving a pair of each length but you get more for leaving in your shirt, if you want, I guess.

For strong magnets, I use a few of those BuckyBalls type magnets I had lying around - they work perfectly.

Just don't forget to remove the stays and magnets at the end of the day unless you want to lose them in the washer or dryer!

Every guy should have these - trust me, it's subtle, and people won't be able to put their finger on it, but crisp collars make you look good.
on April 9, 2017
Delivered quickly, undamaged, and exactly as described. Thank you!
on February 25, 2015
I finally got around to getting rid of those annoying plastic collar stays which are prone to bending, breaking, or crumbling.

These stays have a nice heft to them, but I can't really tell they are in my shirt from a weight perspective. My collars are nice and straight however.

I like that this set has varying sizes. With the variety of brand and style of shirts I own, I was able to find a stay that fit each collar. On the plus side, if I decide to be really anal and only buy one style/brand of shirt going forward, I'll know exactly what size stay I'll need.

The finish on these is not polished like the picture may show. They are definitely a matt finish and non reflective. Also, there are no markings on them for either brand or size. Since they are in the collar, that's not really an issue for me, and ultimately means they are cheaper for me to purchase vs the shiny ones you see at Nordstrom.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.