BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Jessi James decker PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Metal Evolution (3 Discs)
Format: DVD|Change

on August 2, 2014
I guess true metal heads can much better assess this, but for someone like me who doesn't know a whole lot about the genre itself, it's very good as a "starter kit." My husband is a through and through metal head and added a lot of information for me with each episode, but he added that it did indeed cover the basics, which is what this essentially was meant to do. I have to say that I was really impressed with the depth of the first few episodes. The last few did not go nearly into the kind of depth that I would have liked, but this did spark my interest in finding out more. So all in all, I would say that this set accomplished its purpose in at least getting someone who had never been interested in the genre much more interested.
on March 9, 2015
I loved this series as soon as I saw it, I already had a wide knowledge of metal and music in general but this pieces it all together to show the history and family tree of my favorite music. This also turned me on to some more obscure bands and let me dig deeper into each genre covered.

My only beef is why isn't the 12 episode Extreme Metal included in the complete season? Also sure wish that cool steelbook amp DVD case at the Canadian Amazon was a bluray, but still almost bought it since it is so freaking cool.

If you love metal, this is for you and if you love musical knowledge this will open your eyes to why this form of music has been going strong for 50 years even without much mainstream radio or promotion.
on October 5, 2015
Love this series, got this as a gift and have enjoyed the whole series. The interviewee is knowledgeable and fun to listen to. I know this aired on VH1 but I missed it when it did so. I do find it annoying that they bleep the curse words, I can understand it for TV but on the DVD, it should be uncensored. It would of been great if they added some bonus content, I am sure there are numerous of hours of interviews that did not make the original cut.
on August 8, 2013
This show was great watching it on VH1 Classic and now it's even better on DVD, with no commercials or interruptions! Excellent production, quality, insight, etc. I certainly hope that they commit to a second season of Metal Evolution, as this is not comprehensive enough, and I feel unfulfilled without a concise examination of the genres which have yet to have been recorded for this documentary series.
As for the other comments, I don't know what's wrong with the DVD. I'm half way through the series and I have yet for the DVD to stop/skip/glitch. One should be careful about what you say about the product. If you have qualms, direct them toward the supplier/producer, rather than the film itself.
on March 19, 2017
What an amazing job this guy did with categorizing and documenting the history of metal. Not sure how he was able to score sooo many meetings with soon many iconic metal artists. Couldn't stop watching once I satrted!
on April 3, 2017
inciteful
on May 28, 2017
GREAT DEAL.
on October 25, 2015
I've been a metal fan for many years and I'm really enjoying this series. I've only streamed 3 episodes so far. Looking forward to seeing the rest. I've been of the mindset for many years that it all pretty much started with Sabbath, but now I want to listen to more music from bands like Blue Cheer and MC5. Very interesting to see how the sound evolved. Marshall actually has an amp that goes to 11! Too funny.
on March 15, 2017
heavy
on March 28, 2017
Been waiting for this for a while, missed it on vh1. Great series and also uncensored