Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Metal Gear Solid
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Video Game|Change

on August 17, 2016
Great game. Works perfectly!
on November 19, 2000
This is not just another action game. It is like a custom movie, where the gamer has the choice to do whatever, whenever. And the plot isn't just running around killing people in mindless shoot 'em ups and blood baths, it goes deeper. It makes you think, no matter who you are, about your life, and what it may become, and what it's all about. It makes you think about another thing, too, that I try to incorporate in my scripts since I write movies (or at least wish to). It makes you think about war and espionage on the next level, to see the people not as spies and villans, but as the people they are, whether they really are good or really are bad. It makes you look at the battlefeild and realize that every single soldier there has a life and a personality in the real world, that there is a human behind every goodguy and badguy, not just pixles on the screen. This game is a msterpeice because it makes you reflect on your life and other people's lives and how they are good and bad. It made me think really hard about this and sparked my creativity.
on October 7, 2015
better than good condition
on January 3, 2013
a 2 because there is a scratch on the disc that makes it freeze and i can move on.. 5 on the delivery. would look into sending it back to get a diff one but the $10 i got it for isnt really worth my time right now.
on February 22, 2003
Although this game doesn't have the BEST graphics, the story, sound, and gameplay more than makes up for that minute detail. Solid Snake is definitely one of the most, if not the most, coolest video game characters of all time. When I first started this game, I was really nervous, thinking all of this sneaking around in the middle of a heavily armed base would be impossible for me to do without getting caught every 2 minutes. But, I turned out to be better at stealth than I thought (I guess I have my game "Tenchu: Stealth Assassins" to thank for that). This game was not only full of action, but the story was the best one I've ever come across in a video game: it was unsurpassable until the sequel came out! The enemies were really cool too, especially the Cyborg Ninja, Vulcan Raven, and the totally badass Liquid Snake.
All I have left to say is, get this game. If you have only part 2 and enjoy its plot-twists, action, and gameplay, then "Metal Gear Solid" is a game you MUST have.
on November 3, 2014
snake? Snake? SNAKEEEEEEE
on May 3, 2015
My boyfriend loved it.
on April 20, 2003
There's nothing new that I could possibly say about this game, other than it's really, really great.
on February 15, 2001
Wow, this game is the most incredibly cinematic game that I have ever played. Seriously, with over 10,000 words in the whole game, expect for a lot of action, and a lot of talking. That is not a bad thing, because that this has the best story for an action game. I laughed, I cried, I went crazy because some of the plot twists will shock you (trust me), and I never had more fun playing this incredible game. I've had it since day 1 (October 23, 1998), and it has great gameplay moments (some scenes make you want to scream at scake "RUN @#$%@, RUN!!!" and some of the bosses are incredible. The graphics are a little stale right now compared to everything else out (ok, Really stale), but if you are looking for a true classic with incredible voice acting, an incredible (but long) story, and an overrall cheap, fun game, don't pick any game but MGS!
on September 10, 2015