|Screen Size||5.25 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
ICY DOCK Full Metal 6 x 2.5" SATA HDD & SSD HotSwap Backplane Cage Mobile Rack for 5.25" Drive Bay - ToughArmor MB996SP-6SB
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Heavy duty full metal construction with commercially designed for: Medical & Military systems, Media servers, and IPCs, approved & used by Tier 1 companies.
- Perfect for rugged applications and complies to flammability requirements
- Fits 6 x 7mm to 9.5mm 2.5" SATA hard drives or SSD's in a single 5.25" bay for high performance RAID applications.
- 3-Mode Fan Speed Control - adjust cooling settings (High, Low, or Off) for your specific needs.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The 5.25” bay has been a long standard in computer history. It started from the 90s legacy industrial PC cases all the way to today’s Micro ATX cases. The 5.25” bay has been widely used for optical drives such as DVD and Blue-ray, or with even a single 3.5” hard drive with mobile rack. However, it is almost impossible to use a single 5.25” drive bay to create complex RAID storage until the MB996SP-6SB Full Metal 6 x 2.5” SATA Hard Drive & SSD Backplane. This is a device commercially designed for: Medical & Military systems, Media servers, IPCs, HTPC, and All-In-One computers, approved & used by Tier 1 companies.
Top Customer Reviews
The quality of this dock is top-notch. Everything is metal, the housing and the individual drive caddies. The included hardware ensures the drives mount flush to the caddie and there are 4 short screws for mounting into the CD ROM mounts. Don't use a longer screw as they will hit the drives inside.
A status light is at the front of each Drive. This is actually an LED that is deep inside the drive slot, and a thin strip of clear plastic acts as a Fiber Optic to show the light behind the release button. Simply brilliant!
The built-in cooling fan has 3 settings, Off, Low and High. Two standard 4-pin Female CD ROM Molex connectors for power and 6 separate SATA ports are on the back of the unit.
This solved many logistical issues, power distribution, mounting, and simple servicing of drives. If you are like me and have some 2.5" Hard Drives that you want to use in your desktop, get one of these. I cannot speak highly enough!
- Six drives in one 5.25" bay!
- Bay fits in two different computers, and can't see why it wouldn't fit in ANY 5.25" bay.
- As an owner of many "hot-swap" style drive bays (e.g. server chassis), I can say this is one of the smoothest actions among them. Doesn't bind or stick.
- Not really so much a con, but be sure you use the supplied (short) screws to mount it in your case. Failure to do so will cause the longer non-supplied screws to impinge into the bay and prevent removing one or more bays. This will be the case with any product like this. I made this mistake.
Cons: None of the screw holes matched up with my case. Completely unable to use the middle two bays. It gave me a lot of resistance when I tried putting it in the middle bays. I tried forcing it in but that left me with one of the middle bays broken so so I decided not to even try the other middle bay. Thankfully it did not break my new ssd.
Would not buy again. I would go for a four slot hot swap instead.
This drive cage will hold 6 9.5mm thick 2.5" drives.
my system will hold 12 2.5" drives and an optical drive in the space of three 5.25" drive bays. using the items below.
(2bay + Optical) 2.5" @15mm enclosure: p/n MB994IPO-3SB
(6bay) 2.5"@9.5mm: p/n MB996SP-6SB (standard ssd and laptop hdd size)
(4bay) 2.5"@15mm: p/n MB994SP-4S (great for the 2tb wd green drives)
These are all matching style and quality.
Only wish they made a small label space so the drives could be labeled easier. It's a bit tricky to get standard pTouch labels to stick, but I found plastic labels hold better than the paper.
These could be a bit less expensive. There is competition that can be had up to $20 less. (AMS DS-526SSBK)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
All the mechanical parts are metal which is a big plus. They're somewhat flimsy but a lot better than the cheap plastic of thermaltake
Good solid rear...Read more