Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > PlayStation 3 60GB System forum

Metal Gear Solid 4 to finally get trophies after how many years?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 10, 2012, 9:34:03 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
http://andriasang.com/con1vt/metal_gear_announcement/

Metal Gear Solid 4 will get a Trophy patch, according to an interview with Hideo Kojima in this week's Famitsu. The magazine does not reveal a date for the patch, but MGS4 is scheduled to receive a budget release in in August, so the timing could coincide with that.

The interview also reveals that Konami will hold a Metal Gear Solid 25th Anniversary Event on August 30 at Tokyo Midtown (the office complex that houses Konami's main office). There will be some sort of announcement at the this event, Kojima reveals in the interview. This announcement is apparently related to the vision he's previously shared about a game that connects people. Peace Walker's "Transfarring" component served as a test for this vision.

Unlike today's other Famitsu reports, which came from our usual sources, we're not totally sure of the source for this particular report, but we should have confirmation later in the day.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012, 2:42:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 11, 2012, 2:43:05 AM PDT
Watcher says:
I'm not sure if I'll play this title over since I got stuck on the ship at the frog stage where the the robot walkers were guarding a door or something. I was uninspired to continue the story after being bombarded with so much of it in an inordinate amount of cutscenes. Just make a frickin movie already, Kojima! You know you want to!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012, 3:50:06 AM PDT
J. says:
I want him to, too!

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 4:41:05 AM PDT
diesel says:
So do you think you would have to start over for the trophies ? If so do you think people would play and old game just for trophies ?

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 4:50:19 AM PDT
J. says:
Only if that old game was a AAA title like MGS4.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 5:12:39 AM PDT
Docgreedo says:
I had to look at the date of Pardee's post to make sure this wasn't a necro thread.

I'd play again to get the jiggle physics trophy.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 6:14:22 AM PDT
Released June of 2008 if I remember correctly so only 4 years...The same amount of time it took Nolan to finally get The Dark Knight Rises out!!!!

Why does everything take 4 years?

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 6:15:02 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
I highly doubt you would automatically get the trophies from already playing the game. I doubt most people even have the saves on their PS3 that played it from that long ago.

This definitely could be good news for me since I haven't played MGS4 yet. I haven't played a single MGS game yet but I really want to.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 6:16:06 AM PDT
Docgreedo says:
I'd get the HD collection first Pardee. No sense going in with the last chapter of the story. Heck I played all/most of them and I still had to look some stuff up.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 6:28:40 AM PDT
Where's Jantk when you need him? He knows the chronological order of every game. I think it goes MGS1, MGS: Peace Walker, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4.
I played MGS4 for about an hour and couldn't get into it and traded it in for the Gamestop Borderlands deal.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 6:31:30 AM PDT
Docgreedo says:
2 months and 7 days until Borderlands 2!

Also - this is why I never trade in games.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 6:33:00 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
I've been waiting to do another run through of this game - this is just the incentive I need. Very cool news.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012, 6:33:43 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
If you're Tool, then it takes 5 years. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012, 6:47:03 AM PDT
No kidding Strasse. Tool: 10,000 Days was 2005 so it's more like 7 years. I actually like A Perfect Circle more than Tool so it's even worse.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012, 6:47:11 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Yeah, I was planning on buying the HD collection before I ever get to MGS4. Is MGS1 required to understand the story? I could probably just play that on my PSP.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012, 7:01:26 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Isn't A Perfect Circle no longer a band?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012, 7:02:24 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Required?

Hard to say because the story is so ridiculously convoluted but it is definitely worth playing. It's awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012, 7:14:09 AM PDT
I'm sure they still are. They toured this year and last but very little. They never came to Houston only San Antonio and Dallas. Bullocks.

They've relaesed something like 8 albums with 6 remixes of 13th Step and Mer De Noms.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 7:53:39 AM PDT
J. says:
MGS1 is one of my favorite titles. It's on PSN.

When I was younger, that game blew my effing mind with what a game could be.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 8:15:20 AM PDT
B. McBeth says:
Whaaaaaaat? Crazy. I think I might actually have my save game still on there. But then again I did lose a lot of stuff when my Ps3 had to be sent in.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 9:01:02 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
lol, this one is in my backlog, guess its finally time to break it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012, 9:41:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 11, 2012, 9:42:43 AM PDT
Watcher says:
Ditto, J... DITTO!

I remember playing the demo without any instructions and was wondering why I kept failing. Then I discovered it was a game of stealth and was dumbfounded! (Okay, I understand they gave you a hint in that they indicated you shouldn't be spotted but I wasn't too keen on paying attention to that type of stuff back then!)

Posted on Jul 12, 2012, 3:58:37 PM PDT
As soon as this game is trophy patched, I'll re-replay it for the third time, this time trying to get as many trophies as possible, I mean, I'm no trophy whore, but I'll try to do as Kojima sama commands.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012, 7:11:25 AM PDT
Hopefully Resistance will get the same thing.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012, 7:25:56 AM PDT
Rab says:
Yeah as long as they dont' add in multiplayer trophies for Resistance it's all good.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Jul 10, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
PlayStation 3, 20GB
PlayStation 3, 20GB by Sony (PlayStation 3)
2.3 out of 5 stars (104)