- Receive 1 Free Bag of MetalTac 5000 BBs 0.2g with purchase from HotImportToys $300 or more free when you purchase $300.00 or more of Qualifying Items offered by HotImportToys. Enter code O3WNABWW at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Receive 1 Free 0.2g 10,000 BB with purchase from HotImportToys $400 or more free when you purchase $400.00 or more of Qualifying Items offered by HotImportToys. Enter code M3F4OBGA at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Receive 1 of these free when you purchase $200.00 or more of Qualifying Items offered by HotImportToys. Enter code MX25OAQZ at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
MetalTac Airsoft Speed Loader with Capacity of 100 Bbs
|Price:||$0.99 + $4.50 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- AIRSOFT ACCESSORIES
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Pretty simple design and execution; open top hatch and insert up to 120 airsoft rounds, place nozzle on top of magazine and prime accordingly. That easy. Easily loads a 30-round magazine in less than three seconds. It's inexpensive and easy to replace if it breaks... which it shouldn't unless you took it in the field and was dumb enough to put it in your front pouch and cracked it when you dove for cover. Sounds ridiculous but I've seen it done by the Air Force guys I play with.
But let's face it; if you only have so many magazines/drums you're going to want a speed loader to make emergency quick-loads in the field and what better way than to carry it with you. I strongly suggest you carry it in a side pouch; I carry mine in my BDU pant leg pocket below my hip holster for easy access although I try to carry more magazines in my tactical vest to avoid using it as a last resort. I strongly recomend against placing it in a pouch in front of you like in a tactical vest since it's made of plastic, not metal.
Lastly a warning; don't go too overboard with the primer. Sometimes if you're not watching it you'll overload the magazine/drum and spray airsoft all over whereever you happen to be and either you've wasted ammo or you have to clean it up... unless you're at a friends house, let them clean it up. ;)
When you are done loading, turn the loader upside-down so the BBs fall to the top of the loader, push the plunger in and push the lock button to lock the plunger inside the loader so it doesn't get broken off during play.
You can find speed loaders that hold more BBs but these 90 - 120 round loaders are the perfect size for carrying in pistol magazine pouches.
I ordered 15 of these for myself and some friends. Including the shipping cost, they ended up costing $1.90 each. They are $5 at a local sporting goods store and that is the best price I've found them for other than here.
I would also like to comment on a few things I have read in other reviews here to try to help clear up some misconceptions.
* There are many comment about these being cheap plastic. That is true, but I own several other brands of these speed loaders and they are all just as cheaply made. These are not any more cheaply made than any other speed loader you will find. I have been using these speed loaders for almost a year now and none of mine have broken.
* You will see these speed loaders advertised as 120 or 90 round speed loaders. 120 and 90 round speed loaders are the same size and hold the same number of BBs. The last marking on the speed loader is the 90 BB marker line, but if you fill the loader to the top it holds about 120 BBs.Read more ›
It takes 3 or 4 presses of the piston to fully load the clip with ~23 BBs but it seems like the loader ends up with no or few BBs in front of the piston about 1 in every 4 presses and must be shaken to get the BBs to fall in front of the piston. Occasionally BBs jam and it requires a lot of shaking to get BBs to fall in front of the piston. This can slow you down significantly.
Once no more BBs can be pushed into the clip, you must remember to let go of the button on the clip or the clip will spray all its BBs out. Unfortunately you will always end up with two loose BBs in the tip of the loader as you remove it from the clip, so you'll spend more time trying to catch those and open the back of the loader to drop them back in to the loader for next time.
Note that there's a separate piece of plastic that can slide onto the tip of the loader which the description indicates adapts it for gas blowback pistols. I tried using that to load the spring gun's clip but it makes it much harder and leaves more BBs loose when done.
Overall I would probably give this only 1 or 2 stars except it only costs $3 shipped so what can you expect. If there are better loaders that fit in the clip better and don't leave BBs loose or jam somewhat often then I would definitely go for one at a higher price, but I didn't find such a thing in my Amazon search (not that I spent that much time searching).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's a s***ty speedloader that breaks if you push to hard on it.Published 4 days ago by Michael Calkins
Works good. Some times it jams and needs a little tapping but it's still better than the tube and stick they gave with my rifle. It's faster to.Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Nifty little speed loader, filled it up several times and emptied it with minimal problems. It'll occasionally jam, but it's easy to clear those with a little shake or twoPublished 9 days ago by William J. Allan