Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

That's what my tag says! This is from China and English isn't Dahlia's--the maker's--first language. Nothing wrong with that, it's just why they have all that jumble of words on the name of the product and the tag.

See my Images to the right of the reviews. I REALLY like this shawl and the Images don't do it justice. I used the scanner and not a camera just to give you a close-up from both sides of the same design, the paisley flower. Plus the edge with the tassels. The sparkle of the metallic threads doesn't come through but literally over most of the shawl, every 4th thread of the weft is a gold one. It's funny how red, green and gold are usually associated with Christmas. That made it hard for me to pick which color. But I already have ones like the blue and the burgundy and I'm so happy I chose this one because it's different from the many others I own.

There are several shades of green here from lime to grass to olive (I wouldn't like it if it were all olive green). The reds range from pink to burgundy. The gold threads on the yellow parts of the shawl, especially on the reverse side from the main image of the shawl above, really glitter nicely. Plus there are enough areas with sort of light tan to peachy color which add nuance to the overall design. Makes the shawl a little more sophisticated, I think.

Mine is light and soft and came in a fair-sized gauzy bag with a ribbon. One little bitty white tag says Dahlia and another little white tag right by it says 50% RAYON 50% POLYESTER with the laundry instructions. I find just about all my scarves and wraps are machine washable in cold water, on delicate, with a little detergent, and can be dried on low but taken out and hung up while still damp. (I learned the hard way a while ago to use Shout Color Guard sheets in these loads just in case one isn't colorfast.)
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 12, 2016
I liked the softness and drape of this scarf very much. It was much silkier to the touch than I had expected, given the metallic threads. What I didn't like as much was the drab color. I ordered the black and the teal colors, and when I saw them in person, they just looked kind of blah. The colors are kind of faded, not rich. The metallic threads are beautiful, though, and work very well in the attractive pattern. These scarves may work for you if you like a very muted/drab palette of colors, but if you're looking for an "autumn" or "jewel-toned" palette, they'll probably leave you a bit unimpressed. I kept the black, just because it's nice to have a scarf with gold highlights, but the teal seemed kind of muddy so I returned it. Nothing wrong with these scarves, really -- just know what you're going to get before you order.
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 8, 2016
This picture does not do the scarf justice. It is much prettier in your own hands. It is soft and supple. I gave it to my girlfriend as an early Christmas gift and we both loved it so much we decided to look at ordering a new one right away. I got it for $15 on a lightning deal, but is worth the $20 they are for now, and even as much as $30.

Fellas, pay attention to the color your special someone likes to wear the most (just look in their closet) then buy one of these which matches. Perfect small gift, or stocking stuffer, or random "I'm thinking about you" gift. This one will build you some serious relationship credit for when you eventually screw up.
on April 3, 2014
I love the purple in this scarf and its plenty long.
What I did not anticipate was that the metallic threads
(Gold) stood out as much as it does.
If I turn the scarf to the more purple side, the gold metallic threads
don't show as much.
It is a very nice shawl and I would give it as a gift to anyone.
It comes with a nice gauzy presentation bag, perfect for gift giving!
on May 10, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my daughter but upon seeing it decided to save it as a 'when I need a gift' moment. Not as bright as pictured, looks faded although it isn't. Feels rather cheap & rough. OK as an accent item but kind of wish I hadn't bothered. does not look nearly as nice as picture. maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't recommend.
on December 2, 2016
I purchased this scarf as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. I think it's decent as an extra scarf. I was not happy to find a big snag in the middle of it, however. Now I cannot give as a gift. And I read some other reviews with the same complaint. I purchased this product on Black Friday. I feel like some of the products sold on that day were items that manufacturers just wanted to get rid of. The Manufacturer needs to improve quality control.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 6, 2016
It's not quite as green as I'd hoped. Everywhere you see green, gold is on the reverse, and vice versa. I like it quite a bit. Just got it today and haven't worn it yet. Comes in a mesh bag to keep it in - nice touch. I plan to take it to work for those chilly days. Looks like it will go with many outfits. It's big enough to make a kind of jacket out of to keep my arms and back warm.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 7, 2016
Somewhat heavier weight than I expected, which is no problem at all. Wrapped around and pinned with something pretty, over a warm sweater, and this would be enough to wear on a mild winter or late fall day.
on February 18, 2015
Seems a little thinner than I would have thought from the picture, but is very nice (especially if you like gold). I would recommend this more for show, than to keep you really warm. Great for wearing in public when you don't want to be too warm, but want to be "dressed up".
on January 15, 2015
I ordered and expected an olive green and peach scarf. What I received was a hunter green and burgundy scarf with LOTS of shiny gold. It was a gift and arrived right before Christmas so I did not have time to return it and get something else. I was not too happy with the color (wish I'd ordered the blue instead) but the scarf itself is very nice. It is wonderfully soft and warm, not a lightweight cheap scarf.